UPDATE: Joejuan Williams and Malcolm Butler place on season ending IR

jofos

On 8/19/2022 at 3:42 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

On paper the secondary is brutal. If you speak to any NFL fan and tell them our number 1 CB is Mills, they’d laugh

however, this team knows how to coach up DBs better than anyone. JC Jackson was a nothing name when he joined, UFA. Now look at him. Maybe the two Jones’s are elite in waiting? 

I agree, MIke Pellegrino is elite. I've read how he went a long way in helping Mills clean up a lot of his issues from his Eagles days. That and the Patriots have consistently had over performing CB's for awhile now. 

I think Marcus Jones could turn into a pro bowl caliber slot corner.. Wade could turn into a valuable #3 CB who plays all over the place ( that Jason McCourty role) and Jack Jones seems like he could turn into a slightly slower JC Jackson if he reaches his peak. 

I don't believe they have a "#1" CB on their roster but they probably have way better depth than most teams out there. This season will likely determine if the team needs a #1 to be successful. If they can get away with cheaper depth guys then I'd expect them to invest heavily in the OL early in the draft, otherwise we could see a CB round 1. I can't think of any Gilmore types going into next years free agency, so if they need to make major improvements it probably has to be in the draft. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crimmage said:

I agree, MIke Pellegrino is elite. I've read how he went a long way in helping Mills clean up a lot of his issues from his Eagles days. That and the Patriots have consistently had over performing CB's for awhile now. 

I think Marcus Jones could turn into a pro bowl caliber slot corner.. Wade could turn into a valuable #3 CB who plays all over the place ( that Jason McCourty role) and Jack Jones seems like he could turn into a slightly slower JC Jackson if he reaches his peak. 

I don't believe they have a "#1" CB on their roster but they probably have way better depth than most teams out there. This season will likely determine if the team needs a #1 to be successful. If they can get away with cheaper depth guys then I'd expect them to invest heavily in the OL early in the draft, otherwise we could see a CB round 1. I can't think of any Gilmore types going into next years free agency, so if they need to make major improvements it probably has to be in the draft. 

I agree. Will be a solid unit as a whole, without a 90+ madden type star. And that’s fine. It is a unit.

But based on what I’ve seen so far, I also have high hopes for Marcus Jones. Looks to be a solid player already 

quietly confident on Jack too, actually 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1