Roster cuts

raidr4life

Demarcus Robinson was not a surprise cut, the guy is bad. As soon as we signed Keelan Cole, I knew Robinson wasn’t making the team. Cole is a pretty ok option for a WR3, not ideal, but a lot better than Robinson. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

Turner and Johnson bring more to the table. Butler was underwhelming. The d-line is suspect , the trenches are suspect. Period. The only reason I can see for not signing Williams and suh is keeping cap space for possible dead money cuts? Other than that I’m at a loss. Either or both would be upgrades and morale boosters IMO.

2 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Turner and Johnson bring more to the table. Butler was underwhelming. The d-line is suspect , the trenches are suspect. Period. The only reason I can see for not signing Williams and suh is keeping cap space for possible dead money cuts? Other than that I’m at a loss. Either or both would be upgrades and morale boosters IMO.

They could be waiting until right before the regular season or even after week 1 to sign anyone like that.  They could also be waiting on other teams cuts to evaluate all options.  

Of course they could also be confident in what we have, even though the rest of us aren't.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Very possible, but let’s face it. Drake and Ferrell are possible cuts with decent dead money. Hell, Ferrell hasn’t even been practicing. To be continued....lol

Drake is a tough one, because I think he brings a good deal to the table. 

Since we're obviously not moving Jacobs and White is locked in, Abdullah, Drake, Bolden, and Brown* are all essentially competing for a 3rd RB spot. I think Drake has the most potential of the bunch, but he's also the priciest and the staff may well see it differently. 

Cle is probably gone though. 

35 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Drake is a tough one, because I think he brings a good deal to the table. 

Since we're obviously not moving Jacobs and White is locked in, Abdullah, Drake, Bolden, and Brown* are all essentially competing for a 3rd RB spot. I think Drake has the most potential of the bunch, but he's also the priciest and the staff may well see it differently. 

Cle is probably gone though. 

$9.9m cap hit is a lot to soak up for Ferrell, a lot more than Drake and with less cover?

48 minutes ago, Dessie said:

$9.9m cap hit is a lot to soak up for Ferrell, a lot more than Drake and with less cover?

It's not a cut either/or comparison. 

Ideally, I'd try to trade Ferrell. He's clearly not going to start for us despite a huge cap burden. Someone needs some body on the Dline. 

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

It's not a cut either/or comparison. 

Ideally, I'd try to trade Ferrell. He's clearly not going to start for us despite a huge cap burden. Someone needs some body on the Dline. 

Do you think anyone would pick up Ferrell on that contract ?