Roster cuts

raidr4life

Imo, it’s highly unlikely. Once people know we’re shopping him? It’s gonna be someone offering a 7th to have first crack.....or teams will wait it out. Either way, it would be nice to have him practicing and playing. Drake definitely has talent, nfl proven talent, can’t argue that at all. I’m just curious why no move for suh? We’ll screw around and lose the chance to sign him..... the need is as obvious as a nose on a face. Surely he has one more decent year in him, who knows, maybe playing for the silver and black rejuvenates him slightly. Lol!  

5 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Imo, it’s highly unlikely. Once people know we’re shopping him? It’s gonna be someone offering a 7th to have first crack.....or teams will wait it out. Either way, it would be nice to have him practicing and playing. Drake definitely has talent, nfl proven talent, can’t argue that at all. I’m just curious why no move for suh? We’ll screw around and lose the chance to sign him..... the need is as obvious as a nose on a face. Surely he has one more decent year in him, who knows, maybe playing for the silver and black rejuvenates him slightly. Lol!  

If we have to suck up $9.9m for Ferrell and/or $8m for Drake we won’t have enough for Suh?

Edited by Dessie

32 minutes ago, Dessie said:
42 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

It's not a cut either/or comparison. 

Ideally, I'd try to trade Ferrell. He's clearly not going to start for us despite a huge cap burden. Someone needs some body on the Dline. 

Do you think anyone would pick up Ferrell on that contract ? 

This is the question. I think someone would take a chance on him as a solid run stopping DE and maybe part with a 6th round pick but that salary cap hit  is quite prohibitive.

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

This is the question. I think someone would take a chance on him as a solid run stopping DE and maybe part with a 6th round pick but that salary cap hit  is quite prohibitive.

Maybe in season we can get someone to bite when the price has dropped but it’s doubtful just because it’s so much.

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think someone would and they would only take on $4.771 million.  We would still have the cap hit from the signing bonus.  At under $5 million I think plenty of teams would pull the trigger.  Drake would only cost another team $2.5 million which is good for him.  We would save a little over $7 million and hopefully get a couple mid round picks back.  Not sure what Suh would want but that should get us pretty close.  Good deal if we see both those guys as not providing much for the team this year.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dessie said:

If we have to suck up $9.9m for Ferrell and/or $8m for Drake we won’t have enough for Suh?

Exactly, ferrells case is even more complicated because he’s injured and hasn’t practiced or played yet. Hard to even try to gauge value there, at least drakes a known commodity. Stating the obvious here, but not only do we need solid o-line play....but if we can’t stop the opponents run game it won’t matter how explosive our offense is. Best way to stop an explosive O? Keep em off the field. We’ll see how it goes this next 2 weeks.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Interesting, to be fair Drake didn’t look as good as the other guys who took their opportunities. Yet another embarrassingly bad FA signing by the previous regime given how much they paid him too 😂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RaiderX said:

Buy high, sell low. Gruden school of business at work right there 😂

Id be surprised if we got much for him after the last couple outings. It’s still very early for him of course but he looks like a total bust out there sadly.

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Buy high, sell low. Gruden school of business at work right there 😂

Id be surprised if we got much for him after the last couple outings. It’s still very early for him of course but he looks like a total bust out there sadly.

You guys are being to hard on him. Ok he sucks right now but he has things going for him. He's only 23 years old and he's just a huge and fast guy. It's all technique with him and if what I read is true he keeps his hands to low.  That's all, no footwork problems that can be fixed.