GTD: PS Week 2 @ Seattle (Where backups-backups-backup go to die)

JAF-N72EX

Given we know "STARTERS" are gonna be on limited snapcounts I suppose the thing I'm most looking forward to seeing is WHO all gets that designation....

Like Tevin Jenkins is technically the starting RG right now.... but one would have to think he'd be a guy who would get more than 6-10 snaps.

Then Braxton Jones is another you'd expect to need more reps....

For the other rookies, Brisker might be safe to sit on the sideline.... but really looking forward to seeing Velus take some snaps as well as Gordon

Then Looking to watch the Ebner vs Herbert battle and the run blocking in general.....

FINALLY, there was a weird tweet that kind of questioned whether Roquan would end up staying in Seattle after we left (implying we trade him there), that was then deleted by saying he wasn't authorized  to tweet that info out, which was a bit odd. Doubt we'd be able to get our hands on Metcalf, but they apparently do have multiple first rounders next year and might be willing to part with one. So looking to see wtf happens with that whole situation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Epyon said:

Like Tevin Jenkins is technically the starting RG right now.... but one would have to think he'd be a guy who would get more than 6-10 snaps.

Then Braxton Jones is another you'd expect to need more reps..

Jones exited the game with the rest of the starting OL last week, so it wouldn’t shock me if that happened again. Conversely, I’d be really surprised if Jenkins doesn’t play more (and maybe significantly more) given the position switch.

I want to see Velus and Gordon get some brief run just to further confirm they’re healthy. Gordon is for sure a starter so I’d expect his appearance to be brief. Velus might see a little more run than that, but I’d be surprised if he’s in the game into the second half.

59 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Jones exited the game with the rest of the starting OL last week, so it wouldn’t shock me if that happened again. Conversely, I’d be really surprised if Jenkins doesn’t play more (and maybe significantly more) given the position switch.

Maybe because of how they are treating the starters in preseason, we see Schofield start at RG tomorrow. 

That gives Jenkins more reps later, and if he proves himself, maybe he gets with the starter group in Game 3

12 hours ago, Epyon said:

FINALLY, there was a weird tweet that kind of questioned whether Roquan would end up staying in Seattle after we left (implying we trade him there), that was then deleted by saying he wasn't authorized  to tweet that info out, which was a bit odd. Doubt we'd be able to get our hands on Metcalf, but they apparently do have multiple first rounders next year and might be willing to part with one. So looking to see wtf happens with that whole situation.

it was just a speculation tweet about how, if the bears would trade Quan, the seahawks seem like a place he could conceivably be traded too, not that it was actually going to happen

Looking forward to seeing Velus & Gordon make their debuts...what does Jenkins look like at OG?...can Jones look as good at LT against the speed of a Boye Mafe?...can Ebner (if he plays) look as good as last week?...does Sharpe look as good and can Newsome build on his play last week? (outside of the PR)...lots of good questions in a game where a lot of the starters won't do much...

A few really interesting battles amongst the backups tonight as well...

LB...Jack Sanborn vs. Caleb Johnson vs. DeMarquis Gates...who can step up and take roster spots?

DT...Micah Dew-Treadway vs. Trevon Coley...Ceiling vs Floor on this one IMO who wins out?

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Looking forward to seeing Velus & Gordon make their debuts...what does Jenkins look like at OG?...can Jones look as good at LT against the speed of a Boye Mafe?...can Ebner (if he plays) look as good as last week?...does Sharpe look as good and can Newsome build on his play last week? (outside of the PR)...lots of good questions in a game where a lot of the starters won't do much...

A few really interesting battles amongst the backups tonight as well...

LB...Jack Sanborn vs. Caleb Johnson vs. DeMarquis Gates...who can step up and take roster spots?

DT...Micah Dew-Treadway vs. Trevon Coley...Ceiling vs Floor on this one IMO who wins out?

I wouldn't expect much from Velus, he is 25 years old.  B|