Raiders sign DE Jordan Jenkins

RaidersAreOne

45 minutes ago, Dessie said:

I think this forum explode if we gave up a 6th/7th and agreed to pay $4.7m for someone that has shown so little so far. 

Did the 49ers go crazy when they gave up $4 million for Key?  This board would rationalize it as "We are taking a chance on a player that probably needs a change of scenery.  If it does not work out he is off the books next year."  I have seen this board do it a lot.  We just gave Nichols $4.3 million and he has produce similar numbers to Ferrell.  I think we just undervalue Ferrell because of where he was drafted.  He is still young with potential.  We are just over it because of Gruden.

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Did the 49ers go crazy when they gave up $4 million for Key?  This board would rationalize it as "We are taking a chance on a player that probably needs a change of scenery.  If it does not work out he is off the books next year."  I have seen this board do it a lot.  We just gave Nichols $4.3 million and he has produce similar numbers to Ferrell.  I think we just undervalue Ferrell because of where he was drafted.  He is still young with potential.  We are just over it because of Gruden.

The 49ers didn’t go crazy cos they gave Key a $1m contract. He produced and got a $4m contract with the Jags.

Hopefully there is a GM out there that will be stupid enough to trade for Ferrell and take his contract off our hands. Unfortunately he hasn’t shown anything, hence why he barely played last year. 

Edited by Dessie

6 hours ago, Dessie said:

The 49ers didn’t go crazy cos they gave Key a $1m contract. He produced and got a $4m contract with the Jags.

Hopefully there is a GM out there that will be stupid enough to trade for Ferrell and take his contract off our hands. Unfortunately he hasn’t shown anything, hence why he barely played last year. 

I did not realize it was the Jaguars that gave Key the contract.  Either way he is about the same level as Ferrell so I would imagine there are a few teams that think Ferrell is worth it.  He showed enough for a team to look at him.   Remember in 2019 and 2020 Maxx and Ferrell started over Key who moved on to the 49ers and had a good year.  In 2021 we had Ngakoue and Crosby.  This year we have Jones and Crosby.  Of course Ferrell will be a backup again.  I am not saying Ferrell is going to be great or he was deserving of the #4 selection.  What I am saying is that there is enough there for a team to part with a late round pick and spend $4.7 million.  There needs to be a need for another team but if that happens I could see a team pulling the trigger.