Watson and NFL settle on 11 game suspension, $5M fine

Webmaster

Inb4 lock. 

Although in all seriousness I do think that it’s pretty gross that they settled on the exact amount of games to make sure Watson gets his big bucks starting next year. (He needs to play 6 years this season for the $1m in his first year to count) 

Guess I shouldn’t be too surprised.

His first game back…. @Houston lol.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So actual football question. The obvious formula for the Browns to be successful is run the ball, limit the QB mistakes and play defense. When Watson comes back, do they play that same formula, or do they just literally open up the playbook for a guy who hasn't thrown a pass in almost 2 years?

just run more play action 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Trade for Jimmy? Ride with Jacoby? Pfft

Can't believe nobody brought up the fact the Browns have future H.O.F. Josh Dobbs on the roster! He just needs a chance!

They should have traded for Jimmy G long before they signed Watson to a $230 guaranteed deal.  So that contract alone I assume Jimmy G is off the table and they will roll with Brissett, Dobbs or Rosen.  

Either way to put your organizations future in the hands of a QB who has the biggest guaranteed deal ever given in NFL history, oh and by the way he also allegedly did awful predatory stuff...  it is highly questionable and speaks to pretty insane desperation for a team that two years ago was a few plays away from going to the Super Bowl.  

To say the team will not be affected by all of this?   Well they will be when he is suspended and they really will be when he returns after 11 games and moving forward over the next 5 years.  Yeah they should have got Jimmy G or drafted Kenny Pickett, would have been far cheaper and far less drama connected with both moves.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

11 games of Jacoby Brissett, Browns fans just can’t win. He is mind boggling bad. Even for a backup. 

Yeah he's brutal but don't tell that to brownie man. 

I don't see how they go better than 4-7 in those 11 games. That might put them out of contention of the playoffs as it is. 

Loses: Bucs, Bills, Bengals, Ravens, Chargers, Patriots

Wins: Jets, Falcons (I can see the Jets winning)

50/50 games: Miami, Steelers, Panthers

17 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So actual football question. The obvious formula for the Browns to be successful is run the ball, limit the QB mistakes and play defense. When Watson comes back, do they play that same formula, or do they just literally open up the playbook for a guy who hasn't thrown a pass in almost 2 years?

I think it all depends on how he looks when he gets back. If he's rusty, continue to run the ball more and gradually switch to a more balanced/pass-heavy approach as Watson gets more up to speed.

Depending on how things go with Jacoby, the rest of the year with Watson may just be getting him and the offense ready for the following season.