GDT: Preseason! Wk2 Eagles vs Browns

Mastercheddaar

Dillard for his own sake should be on another roster starting, but the question is are the Eagles really comfortable with their back-up tackles without him? 

I’m curious what round pick would get Howie to pull the trigger? I’m not sure he would do it for less than a 2nd, but I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Dillard for his own sake should be on another roster starting, but the question is are the Eagles really comfortable with their back-up tackles without him? 

I’m curious what round pick would get Howie to pull the trigger? I’m not sure he would do it for less than a 2nd, but I could be wrong.

If you aren’t getting something significant you just keep him and get that comp pick later. Tackle depth is too valuable 

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If you aren’t getting something significant you just keep him and get that comp pick later. Tackle depth is too valuable 

Yeah,  I don't get the hurry. Especially if it ends up being for pennies on the dollar.

12 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Wasn’t suggesting we should trade him. Just was fleshing out the scenario and what’s the least it would take. I like Dillard. I’ve been sorta defending him for a while.

Could Jalen Hurts have made Sinnett's TD throw to Allen? 60 air yards on the dot, and not a ton of arc. Now I want to see Sinnett and Strong have a deep ball competition. (obviously I personally don't think Hurts could have made that throw. I'd say 7 out of every 8 starting QB's can make that throw.)

I think Sinnett could have thrown it through the goal posts from his own 40 if he wanted to show off his arm. That was impressive timing to hit a guy that fast in stride. I don't think I ever saw D Jax get to catch a ball like that while running that fast, he always had to slow down at least a tiny bit. I'm hoping Hurts can be that accurate when he does his 45 yard versions to Slim Reaper, AJ, Goedert, and Quez.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

(obviously I personally don't think Hurts could have made that throw. I'd say 7 out of every 8 starting QB's can make that throw.)

I guess its good to know there are only 3 other QB in the NFL currently starting the 2022 season who suck as bad as Hurts. 👌

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:
6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

(obviously I personally don't think Hurts could have made that throw. I'd say 7 out of every 8 starting QB's can make that throw.)

I guess its good to know there are only 3 other QB in the NFL currently starting the 2022 season who have as weak of an arm as Hurts. 👌

fify. If you disagree, go ahead and list all 32 projected starters purely by arm strength.

Edited by Jeezla

39 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

fify. If you disagree, go ahead and list all 32 projected starters purely by arm strength.

Not what you said. 

39 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'd say 7 out of every 8 starting QB's can make that throw.)

Simple math with 32 teams leaves only 3 other potential QB with Hurts. If you're analysis was actually correct. Which it's not. 

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagles-jalen-hurts-nfl-draft-class-stats-speed-tracking-senior-bowl-20200511.html

Jalen Hurts

The most surprising data on Hurts comes with the ball-tracking figures recorded. Among all quarterbacks at the Senior Bowl, Hurts had the best average initial air speed, which measures the speed of the ball coming out of his hands on the first two days of practice. He also had the highest average ball speed, average distance, and recorded the longest pass during the week.

Most scouting reports suggest Hurts’ arm strength is adequate, but few would suggest the Oklahoma quarterback’s arm talent is elite. Still, his 47.5 mph average was the fastest recorded at the Senior Bowl in the last two years when tracking was available. Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert, often praised for his arm strength, was clocked at 43.1 mph.

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Why are you so fixed into defending Hurts? 

It’s his hill. He will defend it until he dies. Everyone wants Hurts to succeed. Nabbs has been watching football a long damn time. If he can’t see that Hurts’ arm is, in the very least, below average, than I don’t know if he can trust his eyes anymore. All of Hurts’ deficiencies can be led back to arm strength. If you can’t trust your arm then you can’t make the throws NFL QBs routinely make to further field position and ultimately win ball games. It’s simple. Hurts will continue to abandon the pocket early, hold onto the ball too long and settle for 2 yard scrambles instead of pushing ball upfield because he can’t or won’t make the throws that are potentially dangerous. Good QBs make those throws and succeed  because they have the ability and the confidence. Hurts lacks one, the other or both. He hasn’t shown that yet. He will this year or be on another team in 2023. 

• Like 1