• Tyler Davis
    • Trevor Davis
    • Antonio Davis
    • Dale Davis
    • Davis Love III
    • ThatJerkDavis

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

100%.

Love probably isn't good. But they act like they had any ******* idea that Aaron was going to be an all time great, let alone a long time starter. 

Nah none of us knew.  The Dallas game was an eye opener though.  That following summer was talking to some Packer brass at the Bayside Tavern in Fish Creek.  Was taken aback when they said the Packers thought Rodgers was better than Favre.  The Packers knew what they had in Rodgers even if many of us didn't.  

I've been pretty down on Love but if you listen to MLF he likes what he sees.  Light years ahead of last year.  So the kid is improving but not there yet seems to be the consensus.  I doubt he'll ever be good enough to unseat Rodgers though.  Still have my doubts he'll ever be good enough to be a franchise QB either but we'll see.  He did look pretty good for awhile there yesterday.  First time I can say that.  At least got a glimpse finally. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cpdaly23 said:

I think a lot of packer fans are suffering from severe revisionist history re: expectations for Aaron Rodgers after his third preseason.

Heck, in the 2008 draft the packers spent the 56th overall pick on Brian Brohm, and then doubled up on QB with Matt Flynn in round 7.  

Before you tell me that there was no thought that Brohm could unseat Rodgers, here is a hot take post 2008 draft-

“Mr. Factorback (Merrill Hoge) himself stated, “Well, actually I do like Brohm better than Rodgers,” before an intense mechanical sound introduced a chyron that simply read “Packers take Brohm.”

McShay followed it up with, “I honestly think Brian Brohm two years from now could be the starting quarterback of the Green Bay Packers. It would not shock me at all. I still think Aaron Rodgers has a chance as well, but I think Brian Brohm’s upside is greater than that of Aaron Rodgers.”

I think if most fans were being honest with themselves, even heading into 2008 there was some thought that Brohm was the better prospect and had a legitimate chance at being the long term solution.

I wasn't sure.  Brohm has some good reports coming out of Louisville, and Rodgers was from Cal and all the Tedford QB stuff. He used to hold the ball up near his ear (remember that?)  I looked  at it as competition for Rodgers and wasn't sure who would win going in, or if they both worked out, they could trade one of them.  I liked Flynn coming out of LSU, he was a decent backup, and his wife was hotter than hell.  Brohm ended up being a mess  from the start.

Edited by NFLGURU

10 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

SJC and Keisean Nixon are CBs 4 and 5.  I don't think we need Kevin King, or anyone that isn't pure developmental upside, with that group.

Shawn Davis picked up the fumble.  

Keisean Nixon being CB 5 is the exact reason I would be looking to bring in King.

That wasn't it. Fumble recoveries don't move the needle for me. 

22 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Rodgers stunk early on, but he always had top confidence, and big brains to go along with the athletic skill.  He's always been an alpha.  Once he began to log starts it didn't take long for his computer brain to kick in.  

I'll give you that, to some degree, he does seem like he was more alpha when he was younger, but IDK how much of that is made up in my head now because of what he became. Memories lie buds

10 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'll give you that, to some degree, he does seem like he was more alpha when he was younger, but IDK how much of that is made up in my head now because of what he became. Memories lie buds

I've never viewed Rodgers as an alpha, if he was an alpha he wouldn't have crapped the bed every time Favre was in the same town.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, R T said:

I've never viewed Rodgers as an alpha, if he was an alpha he wouldn't have crapped the bed every time Favre was in the same town.  

Revionist hits strong. I truly don't recall how I all felt about that dude, so anecdotally I assume most don't either. But he got good, so we knew, yeah sure.......

19 minutes ago, R T said:

What does this even mean. The 4 times they played each other the better player was clear. Would you take

74/126 - 59%, 935 yds, 8 tds, 4 ints, 91.4 Rating

Or

95/143 – 66%, 1267 yds, 11 tds, 3 ints, 111.3 Rating

Edited by PackFan13

35 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Keisean Nixon being CB 5 is the exact reason I would be looking to bring in King.

That wasn't it. Fumble recoveries don't move the needle for me. 

As much as it pains me to say this...I agree...bringing in King who knows our system would probably be an upgrade.  A cornerback always goes down at some point during the year.

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

Revisionist hits strong. I truly don't recall how I all felt about that dude, so anecdotally I assume most don't either. But he got good, so we knew, yeah sure.......

So true. The same people that are irrational ****s about Love and every other player that hurt their feelings when they were drafted/signed are the same ones trying to frame it if they were always levelheaded about Rodgers in his early years. Same dudes that wanted to run Adams out of town when he had the dropsy's his second season. And on and on and on. Same ****, different players in a different year.     

• Like 1