1. 1. who was this week's mvp?

• Tyler Davis
    • Trevor Davis
    • Antonio Davis
    • Dale Davis
    • Davis Love III
    • ThatJerkDavis

33 minutes ago, R T said:

I've never viewed Rodgers as an alpha, if he was an alpha he wouldn't have crapped the bed every time Favre was in the same town.  

You mean like in 2010 when Rodgers beat Favre and the Vikings twice and Rodgers completely outplayed Favre in both games, including the first one which was a 31-3 beatdown?

Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings - November 21st, 2010 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers - October 24th, 2010 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You mean like in 2010 when Rodgers beat Favre and the Vikings twice and Rodgers completely outplayed Favre in both games, including the first one which was a 31-3 beatdown?

Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings - November 21st, 2010 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers - October 24th, 2010 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

I wouldn't expect anything less than incomplete facts from you. 

Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings - October 5th, 2009 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers - November 1st, 2009 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

But what I was referring to is the games Favre was being honored in GB and Rodgers shrank in his presence.

Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers - November 26th, 2015 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Dallas Cowboys at Green Bay Packers - October 16th, 2016 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Packers 8.5-point favorite with the Bears and 5-point favorite with the Cowboys.  

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I do keep forgetting the age factor with Love.  Love is entering his 3rd year in the league, but he is younger than Wyatt.  Let's just pretend Love was drafted this season.

Can we pretend his 5th year option isn't $19m and needs to be decided upon in 8 months ??

Edited by cannondale

10 minutes ago, R T said:

Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings - October 5th, 2009 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers - November 1st, 2009 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

But what I was referring to is the games Favre was being honored in GB and Rodgers shrank in his presence.

Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers - November 26th, 2015 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Dallas Cowboys at Green Bay Packers - October 16th, 2016 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Packers 8.5-point favorite with the Bears and 5-point favorite with the Cowboys.  

Hilarious you say I have incomplete facts with the sum of the stats and you have only the two games Favre was comparable. You realize they had a much better team, right?  Rodgers shrank because Favre was in town haha what a foolish theory.  He's eclipsed Favre by every measure, it's okay you hate him. Favre is also a trash person taking million dollar welfare payments . Go for a walk

Edited by PackFan13

7 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Hilarious you say I have incomplete facts with the sum of the stats and you have only the two games Favre was comparable. You realize they had a much better team, right?  Rodgers shrank because Favre was in town haha what a foolish theory.  He's eclipsed Favre by every measure, it's okay you hate him. Favre is also a trash person taking million dollar welfare payments . Go for a walk

I didn't quote your posting you ******* idiot. The quality of a person has nothing to do with if someone is an alpha or beta. Maybe you can get a clue when you take your walk.  

37 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Can we pretend his 5th year option isn't $19m and needs to be decided upon in 8 months ??

The Packers and Love can negotiate a contract to avoid the 5th year option.  I have no idea if Love or the Packers would be interested in something like that.  They could put escalators in it if he becomes the starter down the road.  

It will be very telling if they do this or not.

Edited by NFLGURU

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Keisean Nixon being CB 5 is the exact reason I would be looking to bring in King.

That wasn't it. Fumble recoveries don't move the needle for me. 

Davis also got absolutely smoked on a block.  I mean, safety vs guard usually ends that way, but that doesn't make it a plus.

2 hours ago, R T said:

I've never viewed Rodgers as an alpha, if he was an alpha he wouldn't have crapped the bed every time Favre was in the same town.  

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

1 hour ago, R T said:

Are you trying to change the definition of 'every time'? The two games I referenced they were not only in the 'same town,' they were on the same field, opposite teams and Rodgers whipped Favre's ***, twice. 

So try and parse that anyway you like, but my facts were absolutely complete. 

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Are you trying to change the definition of 'every time'? The two games I referenced they were not only in the 'same town,' they were on the same field, opposite teams and Rodgers whipped Favre's ***, twice. 

So try and parse that anyway you like, but my facts were absolutely complete. 

Not surprised you have no understanding of what makes an alpha. My original comment made no references to playing against each other. Keep bumping around in the dark. 

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

I don't think it makes sense for the Packers to do the 5th year. Both sides probably want some sort of longer pact anyway, even if he needs to compete for the starting role whenever Rodgers retires.

11 minutes ago, Sandy said:

I don't think it makes sense for the Packers to do the 5th year. Both sides probably want some sort of longer pact anyway, even if he needs to compete for the starting role whenever Rodgers retires.

My crystal ball says they commit to it and then at least have control to rework a longer deal, trade, or he takes the wheel because 12 can't go for some unforeseen reason.  It will be an expensive commitment but if they think he is an NFL starting QB, they should not just let him walk for nothing.

11 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I doubt that anyone will disagree with that.  Winfree has done everything he can to make the roster.  These are the guys that I usually champion at this time of year.  But, I have a few issues with keeping Winfree.  First, I just don't see what he offers the team when Watkins and Lazard, especially, enter the fray.  I think they do what he does, and they do it better.  Second, as much as we see that Rodgers isn't fantastic so far, he is the closest thing to Randall Cobb that we have, and that is a rather unique skill-set on this team.  Randall is prone to missing time.  If he is a major component to the offense, having a similar player may play to our advantage.  Perhaps that is as a member of the practice squad.  Third, when looking at this position, I am looking at this being roster spot number 52 or 53.  I think keeping an extra WR is less advantageous than keeping a guy like Chris Slayton, Jack Heflin, Caleb Jones, or even Rico Gafford.  Is anyone worried that Juwann Winfree is going to become a 1000 yard receiver somewhere else?

Those are all valid points.

The guys on The Athletic podcast say Winfrey has been number 1 on KR and PR

Correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t  Lazard and Watkins have a played a good amount of snaps in the slot ? They’re not a Cobb type ( which I would like in the offense ) but it also would get Doubbs or Watson on the field more. I honestly think that would be the route they’d go. 

I still just don’t see the point with Amari. Even if Cobb gets hurt, i feel highly confident saying he wouldn’t get many offensive snaps, targets or balls thrown his way. He’s going in Rodgers’ doghouse and isn’t good enough to dig himself out of it.  If Cobb gets hurt , they’re gonna have a different game plan to keep Amari off the field . 

I like Hefflin a lot. Our D line is stacked , but I still want him on this roster. Gafford too

• Like 1

10 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Rodgers stunk early on, but he always had top confidence, and big brains to go along with the athletic skill.  He's always been an alpha.  Once he began to log starts it didn't take long for his computer brain to kick in.  

The Rodgers comparisons are so stupid it isn't even worth bringing up.

6 hours ago, Refugee said:

My crystal ball says they commit to it and then at least have control to rework a longer deal, trade, or he takes the wheel because 12 can't go for some unforeseen reason.  It will be an expensive commitment but if they think he is an NFL starting QB, they should not just let him walk for nothing.

Draft another QB. Problem solved.