1. 1. who was this week's mvp?

• Tyler Davis
    • Trevor Davis
    • Antonio Davis
    • Dale Davis
    • Davis Love III
    • ThatJerkDavis

3 minutes ago, MVP21 said:

I don't understand how anyone could have watched last night's game and not have been thoroughly impressed by Love's performance, he absolutely balled out with several big time throws. The deep shot to Toure was an absolute time, the PA to Winfree was a perfectly thrown ball, the Amari drop was placed perfectly just outside of the LBs reach, the scramble play to Taylor in the corner of the endzone might have been his most impressive throw of the game, hitting Doubs in stride with 2 dudes covering him isn't even in the top 3 throws he made. There were others too. Love played like a starting NFL QB surrounded by backup caliber players last night

Yep, he looked like the best player on the field. Which is what you want.

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

This is a fun little tool for raiding the cupboard. I’m sure Gute wishes he had access to technology like this and had scouts that read this forum for the depth chart debates. 

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/TE

*also, Funchess is listed as a TE in DET, who knew?

I was completely unaware of this compiled information.  Every time I wanted to see depth charts I had to dig through 40 different sites.  I am glad that someone compiled them all, and glad that you shared it.  

Anything that tickles anyone's fancy?  I don't really see much.

2 minutes ago, MVP21 said:

I don't understand how anyone could have watched last night's game and not have been thoroughly impressed by Love's performance, he absolutely balled out with several big time throws. The deep shot to Toure was an absolute time, the PA to Winfree was a perfectly thrown ball, the Amari drop was placed perfectly just outside of the LBs reach, the scramble play to Taylor in the corner of the endzone might have been his most impressive throw of the game, hitting Doubs in stride with 2 dudes covering him isn't even in the top 3 throws he made. There were others too. Love played like a starting NFL QB surrounded by backup caliber players last night

Love played well in the 1st quarter.  His best stretch as a Packer.    He didn't sustain that level after the 1st quarter.  He reverted back to what we had seen previously, with questionable accuracy.

People are seeing and focusing on what they want/believe rather than his actual play.   His 1st quarter was the first stretch of play that made me think he has a chance to be something in this league.   I was getting excited about his play, and then he went back to the guy we have watched to date.   Questionable accuracy.    Can he continue to improve and sustain accuracy, or will he always have stretches where he scatters the ball around the field.   Time will tell. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Stats don't work that way because you could add drop yards to the other 33 QB's as well. Also preseason should be much easier to put up stats.

Watched an interview with Simms and Simms, and I think their take is spot on. Everything else aside, there isn't a crispness or pace or spin to his throws. The bobbled 5 yard out to Dobbs last week was a wobbler and behind him. In year 3, a 5 yard out should be a laser and a spiral and located perfectly even if he had to throw it in his pajamas. Their final thought up to now was he's ok, nothing special about him, but where does ok take you ? A pretty fair assessment.

Yesterday was the first time I felt OK about Jordan Love starting in 2023. He fell off in the 2nd half when they benched Doubs and Winfree and the receivers stopped winning routes. Still dropped some dimes to Toure and Rodgers and was not rewarded. I see a lot of potential in this Matt LaFleur system.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MVP21 said:

Not that hard to figure out why people aren't impressed with him. We had 120 yards rushing through 3 quarters last night and he was still struggling to complete 50% of his passes. When you compare him to other young QBs in the league he's a massive disappointment. Would anyone here really take Love over Burrow, Herbert, Jones or even Jalen Hurts?

4 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Love played well in the 1st quarter.  His best stretch as a Packer.    He didn't sustain that level after the 1st quarter.  He reverted back to what we had seen previously, with questionable accuracy.

People are seeing and focusing on what they want/believe rather than his actual play.   His 1st quarter was the first stretch of play that made me think he has a chance to be something in this league.   I was getting excited about his play, and then he went back to the guy we have watched to date.   Questionable accuracy.    Can he continue to improve and sustain accuracy, or will he always have stretches where he scatters the ball around the field.   Time will tell. 

Nearly every throw I listed happened in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. I'm not sure we watched the same game

4 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Not that hard to figure out why people aren't impressed with him. We had 120 yards rushing through 3 quarters last night and he was still struggling to complete 50% of his passes. When you compare him to other young QBs in the league he's a massive disappointment. Would anyone here really take Love over Burrow, Herbert, Jones or even Jalen Hurts?

I'll give you he has a weird issue where he seems to struggle to throw into the flat for some reason but overall his accuracy has been just fine

• Like 2

Just now, MVP21 said:

Nearly every throw I listed happened in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. I'm not sure we watched the same game

When it comes to evaluating Love, I'm not sure any of us are seeing the same game.  The deeper we got into the game the poorer the accuracy of his throws were.   his best stretch as a Packer were the drive late in the first quarter, and the first drive of the 2nd.   After that his level of play dropped.

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

When it comes to evaluating Love, I'm not sure any of us are seeing the same game.  The deeper we got into the game the poorer the accuracy of his throws were.   his best stretch as a Packer were the drive late in the first quarter, and the first drive of the 2nd.   After that his level of play dropped.

So you don't think the deep shot to Toure or the throw that Amari dropped were great throws? Both were in the 2nd half

3 minutes ago, MVP21 said:

I'll give you he has a weird issue where he seems to struggle to throw into the flat for some reason but overall his accuracy has been just fine

Jordan Love isn't the only QB that has to deal with drops. Its year 3 for him, at this point I don't want excuses, I want results. He's a first round pick, the guy shouldn't be struggling against fringe roster players.

He just isn't very consistent. He'll have one or two drives a game that look great then struggle to hit wide open guys for the next 3 drives.

22 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Exactly, as I pointed out earlier, he's behind all those guys.  Even Pickett from Pittsburgh playing in his first game lit it up.  Love is 3 years in and struggling to put back to back drives together.  Im still hoping for the best.

Edited by NFLGURU

Better question this preseason… what dirt does Jake Hanson have on this coaching staff? Zach Tom is clearly better.

Put Newman at RG. Tom at RT and call it.

The opening line: Yosh, JRJ, Myers, Newman, Tom.

Than when Bakh and Jenkins gets back the best 5 are:

Bakh, Jenkins, Myers, JRJ, Tom

1 hour ago, TheEagle said:

Tom was moving people on the Doubs TD drive. I think people assume Tom isn’t strong enough, but I don’t think that’s the case. Dude has a bit of a fire hydrant build. He had several more bench reps than Rhyan—despite having longer arms. The dude looks ready to start in the NFL.

My problem with Tom isn't his strength, athleticism, or his technique. It's what you pointed out: his physique. I worry about his anchor this year, but give it an offseason or two, and that'll square itself away. Looks to be a player going forward.