Tyquan Thorton "to miss some time"

jofos

We don't know the extent of the injury.. but based off all the tweets it certainly looks like he's going to start the season on IR and miss ~4-5 weeks. Such a shame, he was doing so well.. he got a good amount of training camp time in so hopefully the coaching staff see's what he can do so they will give him a chance when he comes back. In the meantime, it's all study time to make sure he's got the playbook down by the time he gets a chance. 

Spending time on the IR is so tough on a rookie though. Hopefully he recovers quickly and gets some pointers from Edelman on not trying to be a hero and going down instead of having 4-5 guys jump on him to bring him down. He's certainly a more physical guy than people would expect but I think since the draft he probably wanted to make a point that he wasn't fragile.. and coincidentally got hurt because of it. 

Wishing him the best! 🤞

2 hours ago, Crimmage said:

gets some pointers from Edelman on not trying to be a hero and going down instead of having 4-5 guys jump on him to bring him down

Exactly.  I was watching screaming at the TV. Get down!!!!!!!! Damn rookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😁

Edited by m haynes

1 minute ago, m haynes said:

Exactly.  I was watching screaming at the TV. Get down!!!!!!!! Damn rookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😁

we might think highly of him, and that might make us view him in a certain light, but rest assured the coaches and Tyquan are not satisfied with "potential". Dude was trying to ball and get playing time in a crowded room. Can't hate on it IMO. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

we might think highly of him, and that might make us view him in a certain light, but rest assured the coaches and Tyquan are not satisfied with "potential". Dude was trying to ball and get playing time in a crowded room. Can't hate on it IMO. 

Not hating at all.  I tried to be witty!!!!  I guess I will go back being a pain!!!! 👍  They will use that as a teaching moment.

I mentioned early I was dead wrong (draft) with Tyquan, he's balling! 

Typical recovery time is 6-8 weeks for this type of injury

The nice thing is he could be back right in a soft spot of the schedule where they could ease him into the offense: 

- Lions (week 5 of season, week 7 of recovery)

- Browns

- Bears 

- Jets (week 8 of season, week 10 of recovery)

So let's say he is back week 7 of the season ( 9 weeks recovery time), that could give him 2-3 weeks of slowly easing in then after the bye week they could incorporate him more ( assuming the other WR's aren't doing so well that they redshirt him). 

I think he will likely be back for the Jets 11/20 but it could be sooner.  Daniel Jones returned to practice 10 days after breaking his collarbone, Aaron Rogers was back at practice in 6 weeks and played 8 weeks after breaking his. I don't think the Patriots will rush Thornton that much.

4 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Has he really fallen that far? I havent seen any preseason, but he was the only WR worth anything last year.

Been terrible in camp and also discipline issues. But it's probably being overblown. Let's see how he is come the regular season, but he was about the only WR that resembled a WR down the stretch