Preseason Week 3: Raiders @ Dolphins

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Leatherwood is a guard. He's powerful and long. Just not quick enough to play tackle.

I don't think Leatherwood is quick enough to play guard, either. He was a below average to bad guard last season. I think he's just Parker 2.0.

Edited by Rich7sena

3 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't think Leatherwood is quick enough to play guard, either. He was a below average to bad guard last season. I think he's just Parker 2.0.

If you keep him, that's where he has a better chance to succeed. I agree his technique is just horrible. He's a mountain of a man. Just looks slow to process.

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If you keep him, that's where he has a better chance to succeed. I agree his technique is just horrible. He's a mountain of a man. Just looks slow to process.

I don't think it's a technique issue; I think it's an athleticism issue. He may have tested well (at his pro day, mind you), but his stiffness and limitations as a mover were apparent at Alabama. Also, I do not think he's a better guard than Simpson or Cotton.

6 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't think it's a technique issue; I think it's an athleticism issue. He may have tested well (at his pro day, mind you), but his stiffness and limitations as a mover were apparent at Alabama. Also, I do not think he's a better guard than Simpson or Cotton.

Me neither.

You either have it or you don’t have it. Leatherwood doesn’t have it. Gave him a full offseason and it’s still pretty much the same thing. He’s not physically and his hands suck got no punch in those hands. Every good OL worth a damn has good hands. 

If he plays in the last preseason game then I’ll start to think maybe he’s not a for sure thing to make the team 

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Leatherwood looks so lazy today like he doesn’t even want to play wtf is going on? Where is Parker did he retire after getting embarrassed in the Jax game?

He's hurt, significantly. But they don't want to stash him yet or they can't bring him back for the year. If they hold him through to the final 53 and then stash him he'll be eligible to return late in the season

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

He's hurt, significantly. But they don't want to stash him yet or they can't bring him back for the year. If they hold him through to the final 53 and then stash him he'll be eligible to return late in the season

Got it I wonder what his injury is