The Jordan Hicks Experience: Year 3 + Injury Update

Phire

DFLYBvrXoAAnb8F.jpg

Injury Update:

Jordan Hicks appears to be ready for Philadelphia Eagles training camp despite suffering a hand injury in late June.

“He injured his hand and he needed a minor procedure to fix that,” Doug Pederson told the team’s official website. “He shouldn’t miss any time. We’re going to keep on top of it and take it day by day with him. We may limit him a little bit, but he should be out there every day.”

Hicks’ injury was never believed to be super serious, but it’s still nice to see Pederson confirm the linebacker won’t miss any time. Hicks is a great young linebacker who is very important to the team’s defense.

I love his football IQ, ability in coverage, and his playmaking ability but he needs to do a better job of disengaging. I'd love it if he were on the weak side, he'd be a perennial all pro there.

Its nice having a homegrown talent at LB like Hicks in addition to guys like Fletch and Graham being brought in through the draft and not free agency. Gone are the days where Jamar Chaney is our best linebacker

I love Hicks, worried he can't stay healthy.  He would be a top 15 linebacker he can stay healthy. Speed/motor/how to close distances is so hard to teach/adjust to and hes just got that special speeed to close distances all great linebackrs have. 

1 hour ago, Bednarik60 said:

What if he gets hurt again and say misses 4-5 games? Then what?

As long as it's not a season-ending IR, I think he'll continue to be the starter when healthy. If he's put on IR again... then I think we need to call a spade a spade and look for someone who can stay on the field.

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm certainly not ready to label him injury prone. It's been two seasons and he hasn't missed all that much time. Lee had multiple seasons gone because of it as well as a missed season in college.

IIRC Hicks missed a ton of time in college, including a torn achilles, I think?
But yeah I think Lee has had it much worse. This is football, you're gonna get hurt. We'll see if third time's the charm.

Injury Update:

Jordan Hicks appears to be ready for Philadelphia Eagles training camp despite suffering a hand injury in late June.

“He injured his hand and he needed a minor procedure to fix that,” Doug Pederson told the team’s official website. “He shouldn’t miss any time. We’re going to keep on top of it and take it day by day with him. We may limit him a little bit, but he should be out there every day.”

Hicks’ injury was never believed to be super serious, but it’s still nice to see Pederson confirm the linebacker won’t miss any time. Hicks is a great young linebacker who is very important to the team’s defense.

Archived