GDT: Philly at Dallas - THROW IN THE DAMN TOWEL

WizardHawk

4 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

Nah, you only named Matts....after I pointed out he was the lone butterfly of the group.  It's cool, though.  I've refrained from posting in divisional rival forums when Dallas was dominant, because it could come off as "rubbing it in",  but it looks like the norm around here, or at least with Pilly fans. I now look forward to invading your guys' forum when things are looking down for your team. Before, I would leave well enough alone, but I now see the bright side of E-life. Thanks for the opening my eyes.

I half-heartedly criticised you for using millennial phrases. There was no rebut on your part. It's totally cool, though. Don't know why it blew up.

I actually did name DaBoys, second line of the top post on this page, my initial reply.

I won't be in here if we dominate today, if we lose or it's close I'll come in and say good game.

But it wasn't a millennial phrase, it is the British way of spelling it.

I'll make many a grammatical error, but trying to call me out on something that is grammatically correct will be met with a response.

6 hours ago, Blahman88 said:

A number over the years have come to our forum to post in TAET and our Game Day Threads because some of us don't take ourselves too seriously.

This is exactly why so many people that are non-eagles fans post in their forum. Gotta give their mods props for establishing that culture back when the forum was growing. 

And I think a lot of yall are interpreting it that we dont want yall in here. Thats simply not true. Weve never had problems with other fans coming in here to discuss football and some lighthearted banter. In fact, Im not even sure what the heck happened to cause this little outburst. 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is exactly why so many people that are non-eagles fans post in their forum. Gotta give their mods props for establishing that culture back when the forum was growing. 

And I think a lot of yall are interpreting it that we dont want yall in here. Thats simply not true. Weve never had problems with other fans coming in here to discuss football and some lighthearted banter. In fact, Im not even sure what the heck happened to cause this little outburst. 

Something to do with realise and realize.......

I do go into the eagles forum and hang out. I am guilty. That doesn't make me any less of a man. I like being behind enemy lines. Bottom line is, there is a cluster of Dallas fans, a cluster of redskin fans, 2 giants fans, and a whole gaggle of eagles fans on the site. So while I most enjoy discussing cowboys football with other like-minded cowboys fans, sometimes the discussion runs cold. The eagles forum is where everyone kinda hangs out. It's like that bar just on the other side of the county line. It's the only one open after the others shut down. Sure, it's not your first pick. It's smoky, and dark, with hints of mildew in the stagnant air. The only reason you're there is because you're blitzed and lookin for a fight or a 4. The beer is warm, the tables are rocky, and you'll be insulted once you say anything of intelligence. BUT! There is always someone in there. Even in the small hours of the night. So when I am the last one to post in the Cowboys forum and it was 8 hours ago, I usually go where the people are.

Cowboys won 24-19

I put a.lot.of.thought into this...here is why.

Cowboys DBs vs Eagles WRs.I favor the DBs here shockingly. The Eagles WRs have struggled against soft zone coverages, mainly due to scheme and route combinations which make it tough on them, and Wentz, to run single read combinations. Wentz has been amazing vs man, and the receivers all excel in winning individual matchups against man coverage. Dallas plays very little man.

Witten. Hes going to have a good game against this pressure heavy D of the Eagles. I really feel he will benefit from the multidimensional blitzing and two tier rushes that Philly has beat up offenses with. And although he has gotten slower, we have seen how.productive he can be when you lean on him.

Prescott's ability to escape. Its going to be essential, and he has been darn good at it. Combine this with Witten and.Beas, I think they produce just enough to finish the game late.

Ajayi's inconsistencies. While he may produce tonight vs a Lee-less unit for Dallas, I can see Philly stalling several otherwise stellar drives because of their own doing -- mainly, riding Ajayi when its working, until it stops working and they end up settling for too many FGs.

Will be a good week to play that Philly kicker, IMO.

Guess we will see, though.

Archived