GDT: Philly at Dallas - THROW IN THE DAMN TOWEL

WizardHawk

12 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

who hasn't done a GDT?

me, but my government computer doesn't allow me to copy and paste. so difficult to create threads with graphics. I would create one, but it would look like a plain Jane thread (just like current state of the Cowboys) with no graphics

2 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

me, but my government computer doesn't allow me to copy and paste. so difficult to create threads with graphics. I would create one, but it would look like a plain Jane thread (just like current state of the Cowboys) with no graphics

We like plain GDTs. We like plain offense and defense. You're hired. 

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

Well said and great game last night. If all Eagles fans approached the games against us with this type of constructive criticism, I would enjoy the games much more. Being from Philly makes it difficult to be a Cowboy fan. Nights like last night make it even worse. But hey, you are correct, there are still 6 weeks left.

I've always wondered this. How does someone who is from Philly become a Cowboys fan? Unless you have close family down in Texas, it makes absolutely no sense. There are a lot of Cowboys fans in the area who are just fans to spite the locals despite having no ties to Texas at all.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

I've always wondered this. How does someone who is from Philly become a Cowboys fan? Unless you have close family down in Texas, it makes absolutely no sense. There are a lot of Cowboys fans in the area who are just fans to spite the locals despite having no ties to Texas at all.

yeah I've seen that. Me, im from Texas. just transplanted to South Jersey for Army. however, my wife is from Jersey and is a life long Cowboys fan along with her mom. The rest of her family in this area are either Redskins fans or Dolphins fans. Couldn't figure that out for the life of me lol.  But yeah, no eagles fans in her family at all.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

Its a longgggggggg story. In short, it grew out of a sibling rivalry Steelers/Cowboys. Jackie Smith drops a TD, Dallas loses by 4 points in the SB. I rooted for Dallas just to spite my older brother who is a Steelers fan. In spite of the fact that they lost, I just took to them. Needless to say, the 80's were a very difficult time, but I stayed with them.

7 hours ago, textaz03 said:

agreed Dave, unfortunately most Eagles fans are not that way. Being in the south Jersey area for so long has taught me that.  I've been tagged in, posted on my FB wall, FB messaged, texted, called and even left notes on my desk by Eagles fans today and last night. freaking obnoxious they are. leave me alone, so I can sulk in peace.

Hell, you got it easy. I have had had trash cans thrown at me, fist fights, car tires slashed. Some evil ish. But I have moved over the bridge to South Jersey last year. My girl friend is an Iggles fan. So last night was no joy.

14 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Its a longgggggggg story. In short, it grew out of a sibling rivalry Steelers/Cowboys. Jackie Smith drops a TD, Dallas loses by 4 points in the SB. I rooted for Dallas just to spite my older brother who is a Steelers fan. In spite of the fact that they lost, I just took to them. Needless to say, the 80's were a very difficult time, but I stayed with them.

Yeah see this is what just rather irritates me, the Cowboys fans who basically have their fandom rooted just to instigate, spite others.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Yeah see this is what just rather irritates me, the Cowboys fans who basically have their fandom rooted just to instigate, spite others.

All teams have those kinda of fans, and they’re all irritating. Dallas is simply the most recognizable because we garner a ton of media attention. I totally get your point, though. And quite honestly, those types of “fans” annoy the hell out of us as well.

16 hours ago, Danger said:

Whoa! It started that way as a sibling rivalry. Rooted to instigate, maybe, but Dallas DID lose! And I stayed with them rather than say: "They are losers, I'm not rooting for them anymore." I can't explain it batter than that, except that I just took to them. 

I think your statement is a bit short sighted and presumptuous. Next time, try giving the benefit of the doubt and consider the answer from all points of view.

PS: I think it is worth mentioning that I was five years old when the Steelers and Cowboys played in 77.  So, take it for what its worth.

On 11/20/2017 at 4:56 AM, quiller said:

So now Witten is crap?   Are y frikken kidding me.   Doesn’t anyone understand cause effect.   Witten is one of the best if not best blocking TE there is so have problem with OL protection then Witten stays in as a blocker thus not available as a receiver.    

He's not crap, but he's a long ways from what he was and he's definitely not the best blocker anymore. He's not even best blocking TE on the roster. No dead $ on contract, plus frees up $6.5m and he'll be 36 next season. 

42 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

He's not crap, but he's a long ways from what he was and he's definitely not the best blocker anymore. He's not even best blocking TE on the roster. No dead $ on contract, plus frees up $6.5m and he'll be 36 next season. 

I don't think it's just looking at it via saving $6.5 Million. It's all fine and good to save that money if you have a plan on what you'd like to do with it. you also need to consider how much you're losing at the TE position and if it's worth it.

On 11/20/2017 at 8:42 PM, Danger said:

Lol it's not just Cowboys fans. There are several people in my family who hate the Cowboys and become Giants fans, Titans fans, my roommate is a Broncos fan, my last roommate was an eagles fan. Most of these people have never left Texas and earned their fandom by rooting for whoever was playing Dallas when they decided to become a football fan. When I asked how they became a fan they'll always start by mentioning that their entire family is Cowboy fans.

Archived