2023 NFL 7 Round Mock Draft 261 picks:

Ozzy

It's not to bad for the Falcons although i really hope we don't end up needing young at QB in the 1st.   Got a good feeling that Mariota or Ridder might lock down that position this year.  We will see though but Ridder is showing big time upside so far from what i have seen.   If Anderson is gone at #1 which is a big blow there for us and either Mariota or Ridder shine big time this season then i would probably go Carter from UGA there at 2 to put next to Grady. 

2nd and 3rd round picks i will never complain about more front 7 depth although i myself would take a strong look at the O-line as well because i think our LG spot is in serious need of help. 

Now with all that said the falcons are going to have like 65 to 80 million in cap space to spend next year so i have absolutely no clue what position we cover in FA with what stars that might make some of these needs not even worth us looking at in the draft.   At that point you just go BPA which is exactly what we do anyways under Font it seems already.

If we fo go young though in round 1 then have him and Ridder compete for the QB position may the best man win that also gives us another 15+ million in cap space to move on from Mariota which in turn gets us a high end FA as well to cover another good position so that might not be a bad idea at all.   We could lock down a very good OL or Edge rusher with 15 to 20 mil to help those young QB's or fix that defense.

Edited by FalconFan13

4 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I like rounds 3 and 4 for the Bengals.  Flowers to the slot as Boyd's backup for a year, and we need another DT, unless waiver wire pickup Tufele makes an impact.

I understand the sentiment for an early OT, but I would like to think they extend Jonah Williams sometime soon, and Collins just signed for three years.  So a foirst rounder for a backup?  Not from me.  The same thing with a backup QB in the second.  Like, why that early?  For whatever reason, Taylor and Joe Brr like Brandon Allen anyway.  I'd wait until the fourth or fifth round for that.

As for what I'd do in this scenario.  I guess I'd take Sewell (wouldn't that be ironic given the Chase/Sewell debates) as all of our LBs are 3rd or 4th year players.  Can't keep them all.  I'd probably go with one of the Georgia TEs in the second, as all of our TE room is up after the season.  Now if we were in range for mayer, that would be nice (if he fell, not if we were that bad).  I also would consider the top punter in the fourth, as I think we were taking Stonehouse in the fourth before someone nabbed himn a couple of picks earlier.  Which actually worked out for us, as we took Volson., who destroyed Carman in a battle for LG and is starting game 1

I thought they cut Brandon Allen, but yeah they like him and I guess with him back QB is not as big of a need if they like the dude.  

As for the OL I still think La'el Collins is a better OG than RT and should be moved to OG but maybe he can hang at RT.  Also really depends on if Carman is a solid OG or not.  Depth at OT is never an issue especially when not sure either position is totally locked down for a very long time.  They do not have a ton of needs as a team right now, but I have not looked into 2022 free agency, TE could be a need I might have to readdress that.  

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Some players in curious where you'll have ranked: Emmanuel Forbes, Andrew Vorhees, all the North Carolina guys.

North Carolina guys?  Who Duck, Conley and Grimes?  All are juniors I believe and none are early entry guys to me, Noah Taylor I think is solid but still has a lot to improve on, and Downs could be the highest drafted UNC guy.  Forbes I do not have as any early entry guy either, his teammate Emerson was better than him last year and was a 3rd round pick, unless Forbes is amazing this year I think he returns to school.

As for Vorhees I have not really seen much of him and will have to watch him and see.  Lucky for him it is a weak group of OL so if he is good he could get drafted higher than he should possibly.  

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 2:01 PM, FalconFan13 said:

It's not to bad for the Falcons although i really hope we don't end up needing young at QB in the 1st.   Got a good feeling that Mariota or Ridder might lock down that position this year.  We will see though but Ridder is showing big time upside so far from what i have seen.   If Anderson is gone at #1 which is a big blow there for us and either Mariota or Ridder shine big time this season then i would probably go Carter from UGA there at 2 to put next to Grady. 

2nd and 3rd round picks i will never complain about more front 7 depth although i myself would take a strong look at the O-line as well because i think our LG spot is in serious need of help. 

Now with all that said the falcons are going to have like 65 to 80 million in cap space to spend next year so i have absolutely no clue what position we cover in FA with what stars that might make some of these needs not even worth us looking at in the draft.   At that point you just go BPA which is exactly what we do anyways under Font it seems already.

If we fo go young though in round 1 then have him and Ridder compete for the QB position may the best man win that also gives us another 15+ million in cap space to move on from Mariota which in turn gets us a high end FA as well to cover another good position so that might not be a bad idea at all.   We could lock down a very good OL or Edge rusher with 15 to 20 mil to help those young QB's or fix that defense.

Yeah Mariota has looked solid and Ridder has as well, maybe QB is not an issue for them will see but I cannot imagine them just being set from now on at QB but maybe they are.  Would help them in the draft no doubt about it, and Mariota does seem to be a different player than what he was earlier in his career, will see if that shows up on the field.

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

You gave Cleveland a bunch of good players that I would love for any other team.

However, I would prioritize WR in round 2 over a DT. Cleveland just doesn’t value DT’s. It’s why their interior is so weak.

Maybe Togiai or Winfrey standout this year and make it less of an issue but right now it seems like DT is a pretty big weak point for them.  Sad to say but McDowell was pretty good for them last year, too bad he is mentally not stable and was let go for obvious reasons, still just the fact they brought him in after being out of the NFL for so long speaks to their desperation at that position.

Maybe they go center though, will see, could steal Michael Schmitz from the Vikings or grab Stromberg in the 3rd possibly.  That could be a huge priority depending on how Pocic plays and what they think of Harris.  Still though ultimately that organization is massively flawed in my eyes with that entire Deshaun Watson situation, that is a big stain on everything but will see how they play this year.  

It is crazy early and maybe jumping the gun but updated the Mock draft and added Anthony Richardson and Jared Verse.   Both were so outstanding week 1, hard to ignore how amazing both of them looked.  Granted things could change but I could totally see Verse being a 1st rounder and if Richardson keeps playing like he did against Utah, making smart choices with the football he could absolutely be a high 1st round pick, then again some said that about Willis last year.  I did not, I had him late 1st round type of guy never bought the top 5 pick thing, but he dropped obviously in the draft.  Willis struggled as a passer more though, had a good arm but Richardson's is better all the way around and can throw from multiple arm angles it seems as well and even in one game played with better timing and pace than Willis.  Then again was what his first start of his career so will see if he can keep that train rolling with the increased expectations and pressure.  

DJ Uiagalelei I still have as a 1st rounder but that could change, he struggled a lot as a passer in that first game against not a great team.  Still has trouble throwing off platform, has odd timing in his throws and some just come out of his hands really badly and wobbly.  Is in better shape which helps and got to love his size but hard to not see Richardson is 10 times more athletic and agile, about just as big and has a much better arm and throws it much more effortlessly.  So could be dropping DJ out of the 1st round and his teammate Myles Murphy I dropped into the 2nd also, was not super impressed with him week 1, expected more but his teammate KJ Henry brought it and did very well on the other edge for Clemson, Bryan Bresee looked decent off injury, has a super high ceiling and should get better and better as the year goes on.

9 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I like what you've done with the Steelers. That Iowa ILB looks like a stud. Big OG, CB, OLB, are all needs to go along with the massive hole at ILB we have. If we had a draft like that and made a move to bolster the defense and OT in free agency, we'll be right back in contention. 

Yeah I would absolutely love if Jack Campbell was on the Steelers, not a ton of teams need ILBs or even value them but I think Campbell being a Steeler would be a perfect fit.  They could also address OLB edge rusher sooner than when I have them going for it but will see.  Possibly Bush will have a great year and Myles Jack coming over should help a lot, but with Bush's contract coming up it just makes sense.

O'Cyrus Torrence was a force against Utah and should have a fine season, huge power guard and 2nd round makes sense for him but could go higher possibly than that.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah Mariota has looked solid and Ridder has as well, maybe QB is not an issue for them will see but I cannot imagine them just being set from now on at QB but maybe they are.  Would help them in the draft no doubt about it, and Mariota does seem to be a different player than what he was earlier in his career, will see if that shows up on the field.

Yeah it's just way to early to tell what we will or won't need at QB.   Anyone that says absolutely no to a top 5 QB that we won't take one for a fact is completely wrong right now.    I would say it's about 50/50 we do or don't and towards the ends of this season we will all know much better what we will need.   So for now im not gonna knock on any draft giving us a QB in round 1 because it is a legit possibility we grab one.     As said if we do then bam another 15 to 20 mil in cap space is ours and a rookie window of 5 years with low cap hits to build the team around them lol.    I say win/win either way you either get a huge upside rookie with tons of cap space.  Or you luckily lock down your Qb of the future on a still cheap deal with mariota or ridder and get a top 5 player at a different position of need.  My choice would be Anderson or Carter if available.      

Although if Mariota or Ridder hit then i doubt we pick in the top 3 picks anyways so who knows what player will be where we then end up picking at it's all crazy and i love all the different ways this team can go right now.  Exciting time to be a Falcons fan it's a brand new era either way and not the same ole same ole that were use too good or bad.   

@Ozzy😎 It could happen.

• CAR
    Peter Skoronski
    OL Northwestern
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Isaiah Foskey
    EDGE Notre Dame
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Siaki Ika
    NT Baylor
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Jarrett Patterson
    OC Notre Dame
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Arik Gilbert
    TE Georgia
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Dawand Jones
    OL Ohio State
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Phil Jurkovec
    QB Boston College
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Zack Kuntz
    TE Old Dominion
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Keeanu Benton
    DT Wisconsin
    trade icon
  • CAR
    A.T. Perry
    WR Wake Forest
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Rakim Jarrett
    WR Maryland
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Jayden Reed
    WR Michigan State
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Darnell Washington
    TE Georgia
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Cam Jones
    LB Indiana
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Nick Herbig
    EDGE/LB/DPR Wisconsin
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Jared Verse
    EDGE Florida State
    trade icon

On 9/9/2022 at 1:49 AM, NudeTayne said:

@Ozzy😎 It could happen.

• CAR
    Peter Skoronski
    OL Northwestern
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Isaiah Foskey
    EDGE Notre Dame
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Siaki Ika
    NT Baylor
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Jarrett Patterson
    OC Notre Dame
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Arik Gilbert
    TE Georgia
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Dawand Jones
    OL Ohio State
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Phil Jurkovec
    QB Boston College
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Zack Kuntz
    TE Old Dominion
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Keeanu Benton
    DT Wisconsin
    trade icon
  • CAR
    A.T. Perry
    WR Wake Forest
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Rakim Jarrett
    WR Maryland
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Jayden Reed
    WR Michigan State
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Darnell Washington
    TE Georgia
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Cam Jones
    LB Indiana
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Nick Herbig
    EDGE/LB/DPR Wisconsin
    trade icon
  • CAR
    Jared Verse
    EDGE Florida State
    trade icon

What the hell is this from?  Some crap computer program?  That is why computers suck.  No way on earth this ever happens, Verse a 7th round pick?  Herbig a 6th?  Darnell Washington a 5th?  Dawand Jones a 4th?  Jack Campbell a 3rd?   No freaking way!

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

What the hell is this from?  Some crap computer program?  That is why computers suck.  No way on earth this ever happens, Verse a 7th round pick?  Herbig a 6th?  Darnell Washington a 5th?  Dawand Jones a 4th?  Jack Campbell a 3rd?   No freaking way!

With Tayne as GM, the sky is the limit.

Verse has an accusation against him that is later proven false. Herbig shows up at the combine at 230 while looking a bit rusty in drills after a late-season lingering hamstring injury. Washington doesn't get enough snaps during the season behind Gilbert and is overlooked. Jones puts up poor combine results and the league gets scared off. Jack Campbell looks good but falls a bit behind some others who offer more pass rush, as well as being 4-3 LB. It all comes together. It all comes to pass.

TL;DR I mean, Leatherwood went first round IRL so 🤷‍♂️.

Edited by NudeTayne

On 9/15/2022 at 1:19 PM, JoshstraDaymus said:

What did we ever do to you?

Looking at it more they might not even need a QB, especially if Wentz has a good year and they already have Howell but who knows about Heinicke long term if they resign him.  Nix would be a great value as a 5th rounder and could easily not fall that much.  Sure has work to do no his game but kid can make plays and at times has looked like a 2nd or 3rd round pick.  

I don't hate the new Titans one.  I'd switch up the order of things if it's me (this team just does not value the receiver position), but from a need perspective, going almost all offense and BPA is exactly what they should do.  There are just so many replacements that need to be made at the skill positions and the OL.

But yeah, OT, OG, WR, TE, and RB could all use upgrades, and Edge is absolutely the biggest need on defense.