2023 NFL 7 Round Mock Draft 261 picks:

Ozzy

It OK for Miami.

I'd take CB Brents over LB Dennis. I think Brents is going to make some money at the Senior Bowl.

As mentioned, I really like Latu. I'd be disappointed if we took LaPorta over him. I think Latu has higher ceiling and a solid floor and is a decent-to-good blocker. Run-blocking is why Gesicki fell out of favor with our coaching staff.

I'd take Punter Michael Turk if available in the 7th. 

Edited by Tetsujin

On 8/20/2022 at 3:58 PM, Ozzy said:

8. Atlanta Falcons: Jaxon Smith-Njigba Ohio State JR WR
45. Atlanta Falcons: Byron Young Tennessee SR DE/OLB
76. Atlanta Falcons: Jammie Robinson Florida State SR CB/S
110. Atlanta Falcons (via Tennessee Titans): Dante Stills West Virginia RS SR DT/DE
113. Atlanta Falcons: Jonathan Mingo Ole Miss SR WR
160. Atlanta Falcons (via Jacksonville Jaguars): Luke Schoonmaker Michigan SR TE
226. Atlanta Falcons (via LV Raiders): Terell Smith Minnesota RS SR CB
251. Atlanta Falcons (via Buffalo Bills): Christopher Brooks BYU RS SR RB

My board looks very different from yours. I'd have JSN and Young probably a round lower than you do. But, that being said, positionally, that does look like a possibility for the Falcons.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Leoric said:

If the Chargers pass on the opportunity to take Bijan Robinson in the first just to take a running back in the second I will riot. 

I think the Chargers are very in love with Ekeler so not sure they invest that highly in a RB, but at one point I had them go RB in the first and Bijan would be hard to pass up.  But if they could steal a great one in Mohamed Ibrahim in the 3rd which I think they could, it still helps the RB room and he provides that much needed toughness to the position and power running that Ekeler does not bring.  

Plus that OL needs a RT badly and Jones could be a great RT potentially with how big and athletic he is.  

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I think the Chargers are very in love with Ekeler so not sure they invest that highly in a RB, but at one point I had them go RB in the first and Bijan would be hard to pass up.  But if they could steal a great one in Mohamed Ibrahim in the 3rd which I think they could, it still helps the RB room and he provides that much needed toughness to the position and power running that Ekeler does not bring.  

Plus that OL needs a RT badly and Jones could be a great RT potentially with how big and athletic he is.  

I have us penciling in bringing back Pipkins who looked good last year. Letting that line gel together with Slater/Salyer/Linsley/Johnson/Pipkins is looking amazing. The offense struggled to open up deep routes or establish the run and Ekeler is going to hit 30. Robinson quite frankly is a top 5 talent, arguably #1 overall, and should be gone long before the chargers pick. If he is there and we pass then this team doesn’t know what it takes to win. Ibrahim is likely there in the 4th or 5th so I feel a second is a reach. Even harder to justify with the first round pass on a special talent at the same position. 

8 hours ago, Leoric said:

I have us penciling in bringing back Pipkins who looked good last year. Letting that line gel together with Slater/Salyer/Linsley/Johnson/Pipkins is looking amazing. The offense struggled to open up deep routes or establish the run and Ekeler is going to hit 30. Robinson quite frankly is a top 5 talent, arguably #1 overall, and should be gone long before the chargers pick. If he is there and we pass then this team doesn’t know what it takes to win. Ibrahim is likely there in the 4th or 5th so I feel a second is a reach. Even harder to justify with the first round pass on a special talent at the same position. 

Are the Chargers set with Pipkins at RT and Salyer at OG?  I thought Pipkins would be the OG and then get a RT, never thought Salyer was that great but who knows.  And Ibrahim I used to have going in the 2nd now it is not till the 3rd.

As for Bijan, not sure he is better than TreVeyon Henderson when healthy or Braelon Allen potentially.  He is good but he is not no Saquon Barkley or Jonathan Taylor.  But sure he will be a steal because in the NFL of today few are going to take a back that high because you can get a starter in the 6th or 7th round if you have a good system.  And there are so many backs, one could get just UDFA guys and still get solid players.  

I would not hate them getting Bijan though and I would like them to move on from Ekeler even if he catches 100+ passes a year.