2023 NFL 7 Round Mock Draft 261 picks:

Ozzy

6 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

id have to say this Draft for the jags kinda Blows. 

Ika is a fine player but unless the jags are replacing our NT Hamilton theres no real room for him unless we cut Roy Robertson-Harris but then we likely would be a lil 2 bulky in the 3 down linemen with Foley Fatukusi(SPelling might be off but he was a FA signing this year for the jags from the jets).   if i was picking a DT id lean carter based on his traits. id probably go look at giving the Jags a WR/TE or an edge rusher(yes i know we have Josh Allen and Travon walker but Allen is a FA to be and to really allow the jags to maximize Walkers skillset we probably could use another Edge to allow us to put Walker inside vs Guards and let him feast.   id probably go with Jordan Addison tho we probably need more of an outside wr. 

round 2 is a complete whiff unless the jags cut Griffen.  we currently have 3 good Corners on this roster with Campbell, Griffin, and Darious WIlliams.  id probably look at maybe a G/T(like Paris johnson) or another WR/TE(if the value is there why not as Shenault looks like a best fit as a slot wr where our High Priced Kirk currently projects best at based on the stats.  id like to see us Go with Johnston from TCU to pair with Addison and give Lawrence some WRs with Talent.  

Jaguars are a hard pick of who they should get.  NT is a weakness I think and Hamilton is not some super star player and could easily move to DE if need be.  Ika is a star potentially and a much bigger force in the middle or could play 3/4 DE and be a big DE as well.  Carter is an option sure but I feel he will take a step back this year without all the talent around him protecting him and freeing him up to make plays, I could be wrong though.  As for CB, sure it is not a huge need but Darious to me is more of a slot corner and I am not totally sold on Campbell but maybe he will become something this year.   OT is a possibility but Little I assume is the future there.  So you think they will go with two WRs, Kirk I think will have a big year, Marvin Jones is solid and Zay Jones has ability as does obviously Shenault.  Treadwell has been decent for them and Kevin Austin has potential as a rookie but maybe they go WR if they lose two of those guys but I have not looked into who is all a free agent for next offseason.

8 hours ago, Daniel said:

I could see the Titans spending a high pick at receiver, but I doubt they'd spend two firsts in a row.  Definitely possible though, but I think the bigger needs will be either along the defensive line, where a cut is probably coming sooner rather than later, or on the offensive line, where Lewan is aging, and Radunz looks like yet another bust already.

I don't think an RB is likely in the first two.  Henry still has something left in the tank and wants an extension, and they've been pretty easily able to get good rushing production from UDFAs and waiver wire guys, plus they really seem to like rookie Hassan Haskins.

But all of this is likely to change by the season's end, so who knows?  Just as likely as anything else.

Texans passing on a QB and Rattler being some kind of high pick are interesting takes.

That WR group is weak as can be unless Burks is amazing and maybe he will just be like AJ Brown but not sure he has near the quickness or ability to play inside like Brown did.  Woods will help but he also gets hurt a ton.  They could also go OL no question but I would hope that is not the case but very well might be but will see how the year goes.  Peter Skoronski might be a better pick for them will see or Patterson.  As for the RB, sure it is not a huge need but Henry seems to consistently get hurt and maybe Haskins is the backup and there is no need but really I just wanted Bigsby to get selected because he could drop but talent wise he is a late 1st or early 2nd round pick.  Haskins could do well there but if not on paper that RB group is weak outside of Henry.  

Sure Texans could go QB but Will Anderson Jr is the best player in the draft so take him, and not sure Bryce or CJ are that elite of talents but will see how they look next year.  Bryce is very small and CJ can be inconsistent at times and is greatly helped by amazing weapons around him at all times.  I would not be surprise to see Rattler as a 2nd round pick, I expect him to bounce back at South Carolina but might not get into that 1st round range either but will see.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

and there is no need but really I just wanted Bigsby to get selected because he could drop but talent wise he is a late 1st or early 2nd round pick.

I knew it.

I swear, there’s just something about off ball linebackers and running backs where they just get offloaded randomly in the bottom of the second round in mock drafts because no other landing spot made sense.

Seriously though, I don’t think it’s fair to say Henry has been consistently injured. He’s maybe missed like two games in the last three plus years before last season. But yeah, Haskins may not be it, and Henry may not be the same post injury and then suddenly it’s something they consider.

As for the WR room, you’re right it’s not a great one, but it’s also a position that the team just doesn’t seem to value. I expect they’ll give Burks the time to become a true No. 1 before trying to spend another first, even when the need is there, much to the frustration of the fanbase.

Edited by Daniel

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Jaguars are a hard pick of who they should get.  NT is a weakness I think and Hamilton is not some super star player and could easily move to DE if need be.  Ika is a star potentially and a much bigger force in the middle or could play 3/4 DE and be a big DE as well.  Carter is an option sure but I feel he will take a step back this year without all the talent around him protecting him and freeing him up to make plays, I could be wrong though.  As for CB, sure it is not a huge need but Darious to me is more of a slot corner and I am not totally sold on Campbell but maybe he will become something this year.   OT is a possibility but Little I assume is the future there.  So you think they will go with two WRs, Kirk I think will have a big year, Marvin Jones is solid and Zay Jones has ability as does obviously Shenault.  Treadwell has been decent for them and Kevin Austin has potential as a rookie but maybe they go WR if they lose two of those guys but I have not looked into who is all a free agent for next offseason.

Hamilton has been solid starting NT.   Foley fatukusi is a starter for atleast a few years. He's a good run defender based on the stats.  Roy Robertson-harris is more of a interior pass rusher but he could be let go to save 7 million.  Hamilton imo fits the NT or Foley's position.   I don't think Carter's going to be exposed as much cuz they still have a very solid defense with guys like Nolan Smith, Ringo, and every year it seems like Kirby develops the replacements every year. 

In Darious NFL career he's been an outside corner. Hasnt really played slot and hasn't played this preseason so I can't say who is playing that slot corner and as far as Campbell goes he can compete with almost all wrs and seemed to only struggle with the small shifty type(but most bigger corners seem to do so) and in fact locked down the wr who's been super hyped up this off-season in George Pickens.   Tackle could be the play but the RT battle still isn't settled between FA to be Jawaan Taylor and Walker little.  We could probably use a left guard with no one truly winning our LG battle between Smoothie King Ben Bartch and longtime Swing Interior OL Tyler Shatley (I'm going with Bartch starts as the backup candidates at center haven't looked good.)

Zay and Kirk are staying for sure for atleast a year after this season.  Marvin is a free agent to be and while he's solid he's not really a down field threat and isn't getting any younger.  Shenault has 1 year after this season under contract but hasn't played well enough to get big bills and plays best in the slot and while ettienne might play some wr he's also playing RB.   

Johnston in round 2 is an easy pick for the jags. 

Ika does have some vita vea look in him but I just don't see the value of taking him with our other needs and better talent available. 

Definitely see the Eagles going DE. Hadn't really watched Baldonado but liked what I just watched.
He's lower on boards but thats a good one to look at for rising potentially @Ozzy

I think they'd be tempted if Carter fell that low to grab him and put him back with Jordan Davis and also Javon Hargrave.
With this probably being Fletcher Cox's last year and them wanting to use 3 DT-like positons, that would really bolster that whole plan for many years to come.
But edge sorely needs help at DE.

I normally would say they probably wouldn't take a RB, but if they played in the super bowl like this scenario says...yeah they are win now. And a young talented back helps with all the money being spent elsewhere.

The biggest need is probably Safety and CB, Bradberry looks to be a good pairing with Slay this year. But both aren't probably going to stick around too long.
Safety looks to be in dire need of plus talent.

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Definitely see the Eagles going DE. Hadn't really watched Baldonado but liked what I just watched.
He's lower on boards but thats a good one to look at for rising potentially @Ozzy

I think they'd be tempted if Carter fell that low to grab him and put him back with Jordan Davis and also Javon Hargrave.
With this probably being Fletcher Cox's last year and them wanting to use 3 DT-like positons, that would really bolster that whole plan for many years to come.

I normally would say they probably wouldn't take a RB, but if they played in the super bowl like this scenario says...yeah they are win now. And a young talented back helps with all the money being spent elsewhere.

The biggest need is probably Safety and CB, Bradberry looks to be a good pairing with Slay this year. But both aren't probably going to stick around too long.

Yes safety could be a need for them depending on how the year goes, why did they cut Jaquiski Tartt?  I thought he was a pretty good safety last year on the 49ers, why they let him go?  I thought he would win the starting spot over Epps but I guess not, and with him out for sure that could be a need same with corner but Bradberry and Slay will be solid this year as will Maddox, and McPhearson has potential, so does Jobe and Scott and Vincent Jr not to mention Gowan.  

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

No hate to Baldanado (who will be 24 years old at the start of his rookie season), but if we take him with our first pick over Carter, Murphy, Foskey and Ringo…. I think I’m gonna need Howie Roseman forcefully removed from the Novacare Complex.

I’d also likely get a safety like Brian Branch with the Gibbs pick. 

Eagles fans will get apprehensive with Quentin Johnson cause of the school (TCU), but he’s a completely different prospect and really good imo. I think Hurts would love him, but I mean we already just drafted DeVonta in the first and will have to pay his extension in 2+ years. We just gave 25 million per year to AJ Brown. We still have Quez Watkins for another 2 years and can probably re-sign Pascal for cheap next offseason.

Corner on the other hand we need to find our successor for CB1. Bradberry is on a 1 year and Slay is gonna be 32 at  the end of this season.

I’d probably change the Johnson pick to Garrett Williams or maybe Christian Gonzalez.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yes safety could be a need for them depending on how the year goes, why did they cut Jaquiski Tartt?  I thought he was a pretty good safety last year on the 49ers, why they let him go?  I thought he would win the starting spot over Epps but I guess not, and with him out for sure that could be a need same with corner but Bradberry and Slay will be solid this year as will Maddox, and McPhearson has potential, so does Jobe and Scott and Vincent Jr not to mention Gowan.  

Epps is the top safety on our roster. Anyone that didn’t think he was starting was sorely mistaken. 

Tartt missed quite a few practices for personal reasons. Not sure what the reasons were, but he just wasn’t overly impressive in camp. He looked solid in preseason, but I heard he was having trouble switching from the Niners defense to the Eagles just cause of the differences in the two systems. I still think maybe after the first week they could try bringing him back that way his contract wouldn’t be fully guaranteed for the season.

Vincent Jr. hasn’t played well this offseason and I’d be surprised to see him on more than the practice squad.

Gowan may have an outside shot at the 53. I see some with him on their projections, but he wasn’t on mine.

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

They are super high on Epps as a starter, he does fine but haven’t seen the love affair.

Tartt just didn’t have a great camp, guess they figured best to save some money.

CB is a strictly top of the roster need probably. Yeah they have plenty of depth. They could bring both Slay and JB back And then they are fine.

On 8/20/2022 at 3:58 PM, Ozzy said:

9. Jacksonville Jaguars: Siaki Ika Baylor RS JR DT

i get it but i still think DT carter or a WR for Lawrence could be a bigger priority.  currently only having 3 IDL on the entire roster plus 2 edge/DL(Key and Smoot) kinds makes me think we dont really plan on playing too much base d. 

41. Jacksonville Jaguars: AT Perry Wake Forest RS JR WR

like the position but not the player.  we go Johnston from TCU there or DT Dexter from florida. 

73. Jacksonville Jaguars: JL Skinner Boise State SR S

Solid pick especially with Baalkes thing for length.  could go OL but i think Skinner makes more sense as Jenkins should be a Goner if he doesnt start making more plays. 

11 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

CB again? Dang.

Peterson is pretty old, Booth gets hurt a ton and Dantzler who knows what he is.  Yeah possibly CB again, but sure if all three play great or if Evans develops it will not be as big of a need, but until then it is.  Also they have no real good solid athletic slot CB and Sullivan is not it either in the slot but will see.  

• Like 1

I like rounds 3 and 4 for the Bengals.  Flowers to the slot as Boyd's backup for a year, and we need another DT, unless waiver wire pickup Tufele makes an impact.

I understand the sentiment for an early OT, but I would like to think they extend Jonah Williams sometime soon, and Collins just signed for three years.  So a foirst rounder for a backup?  Not from me.  The same thing with a backup QB in the second.  Like, why that early?  For whatever reason, Taylor and Joe Brr like Brandon Allen anyway.  I'd wait until the fourth or fifth round for that.

As for what I'd do in this scenario.  I guess I'd take Sewell (wouldn't that be ironic given the Chase/Sewell debates) as all of our LBs are 3rd or 4th year players.  Can't keep them all.  I'd probably go with one of the Georgia TEs in the second, as all of our TE room is up after the season.  Now if we were in range for mayer, that would be nice (if he fell, not if we were that bad).  I also would consider the top punter in the fourth, as I think we were taking Stonehouse in the fourth before someone nabbed himn a couple of picks earlier.  Which actually worked out for us, as we took Volson., who destroyed Carman in a battle for LG and is starting game 1