The Last Of Us - HBO ***No Game Spoilers***

Broncofan

22 minutes ago, Xenos said:

S2 and S3 is covering the sequel and DLCs apparently.

https://gizmodo.com/last-of-us-hbo-length-left-behind-dlc-neil-druckmann-1849945355

This makes sense b/c you can break S2 up into 2 seasons b/c it's a much bigger game w/ many important parts and sets.

Spoiler

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the swapping of Ellie and Abby w/ episodes. You could easily make a season w/ both of their stories being one and the other being the second. There's definitely a lot of content.

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

This makes sense b/c you can break S2 up into 2 seasons b/c it's a much bigger game w/ many important parts and sets.

Hide contents

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the swapping of Ellie and Abby w/ episodes. You could easily make a season w/ both of their stories being one and the other being the second. There's definitely a lot of content.

Spoiler

This is another time where the game and series should diverge.    You play EP2 first as Ellie then as Abby because you want to switch perspectives completely and then lead to the finale.  In the series, you can alternate episodes from different perspectives, and IMO be OK with it.   You could even have the 2 perspectives in the same ep.     

Really, you can tackle it a bunch of different ways with a TV series and it can work.   I don't think 1 season as 1 character alone and another as the other would be well-received, though.   Intertwining perspectives would be the way to go.  

• Like 1

I just read an article that hypothesized what would happen at the end of the season, done by a guy that never played the game but still might be spoilery, even if it isn’t 100% accurate. 

Spoiler

1. He thinks Joel dies at the end because it’s fitting for his paternal kind of arc. 
2. He thinks Ellie will be the cure

3. He thinks Tommy will get infected and Ellie’s cure will save him 

4. He thinks the dvd in the first episode that got so much attention will play a part later on, potentially the info on it having some bearing on how to stop those already infected. This one was interesting but I don’t think it’s any deeper than them making a throwback Easter egg to the game. 
5. He thinks Ellie will be a lesbian and find love

He nailed 1. 2 and 3 we never got to find out obviously, as they went a different direction by killing the only scientist capable of figuring out and didn’t allow Ellie to die for the cure. 4 I think was a whiff and 5 happened in dlc throwback stuff in the game but didn’t figure into the future plot so much. It could happen though, since Hollywood is so obsessed with love interests.

9 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I just read an article that hypothesized what would happen at the end of the season, done by a guy that never played the game but still might be spoilery, even if it isn’t 100% accurate. 

Hide contents

maybe spoilers

I'd probably delete your spoilers tbh

Edited by kingseanjohn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:
  Hide contents

This is another time where the game and series should diverge.    You play EP2 first as Ellie then as Abby because you want to switch perspectives completely and then lead to the finale.  In the series, you can alternate episodes from different perspectives, and IMO be OK with it.   You could even have the 2 perspectives in the same ep.     

Really, you can tackle it a bunch of different ways with a TV series and it can work.   I don't think 1 season as 1 character alone and another as the other would be well-received, though.   Intertwining perspectives would be the way to go.  

Spoiler

I think they did the game pretty well in how they went from story arc to story arc with Abby and Ellie. It will be very interesting but I hope what you're suggesting in your last statement is true. The way The Walking Dead did the Terminus episodes was really annoying to me but maybe I'm the minority. I didn't like one episode on one person, then another devoted to that person, then another etc etc. Have to intertwine and like I said, how the game did it was done well. Still think you might have to go back and forth to the characters a little more but that's so much easier in a show than a game. Don't want to play Ellie for 45 minutes, then Abby for 10 minutes, then Ellie for 20, and so on. I'll worry about that after this season ends lol

25 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Keep your spoilers to the other thread or I post Fairy Tale spoilers

You have beem warned bucko

I can google the ending of fairy tale and take us both out. This is about to become the ground zero spoiler thread 

Darth Vader was gay. Dumbledore is Legolas’s dad. Bruce Willis was dead the whole time 

Edited by Ty21

8 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Great. Might as well not even watch Die Hard now

Isn’t Die Hard the Stephen King movie about the dude that died while banging his wife and then she’s handcuffed to their bed for days