The Last Of Us - HBO ***No Game Spoilers***

Broncofan

8 hours ago, Broncofan said:

If I was Druckmann, I would have it be 2 seasons per game.   There's plenty of buzz that LOU3 will be out there by 2025-6 or so....if we go 2 seasons per game, we get to S4 by 2026, and 2 more seasons with the 3rd installment.   

I think if I am understanding correctly from what I read, Season 1 is the first game in case it was 1 and done. So there is more or less a story wrapped up.

If successful (and so far so good). Game 2 would encompass two seasons with more filler. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Broncofan said:

If I was Druckmann, I would have it be 2 seasons per game.   There's plenty of buzz that LOU3 will be out there by 2025-6 or so....if we go 2 seasons per game, we get to S4 by 2026, and 2 more seasons with the 3rd installment.   

I doubt this series is going more than 5-6 seasons.   Remember, GOT was 8 seasons long, but let's be kind and say 7-8 were mixed their perspective.   

This is where I'm at as well. Completing the game, if you don't do much exploring, is easily 15-16 hours. You can add enough content in there to easily get ten one hour episodes and do as you suggested w/ 2 season per. The second game was also quite a bit longer so you can even get more out of that

Spoiler

and man, that forest scene w/ Lev, I'm 100% on board for that. We got a long ways to go for that though

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I think if I am understanding correctly from what I read, Season 1 is the first game in case it was 1 and done. So there is more or less a story wrapped up.

If successful (and so far so good). Game 2 would encompass two seasons with more filler. 

That’s do able but IMO it’s a bit rushed.   Given that a couple of eps are going to be solely about character development game 1 could have spanned 2 seasons.   Oh well.  

I will say if Game 2 goes 2 seasons then likely we get a 5 season series.  And we could very well get a 18-24 month gap between S3 & S4, depending on when LOU3 releases (no extra delay if it’s 2025 & extra 6-12 months if it’s 2026).  

27 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

This is where I'm at as well. Completing the game, if you don't do much exploring, is easily 15-16 hours. You can add enough content in there to easily get ten one hour episodes and do as you suggested w/ 2 season per. The second game was also quite a bit longer so you can even get more out of that

Reveal hidden contents

and man, that forest scene w/ Lev, I'm 100% on board for that. We got a long ways to go for that though

Spoiler

Game 2 going 2 seasons is an obvious fit.    The other key variable is how much free time the cast has / are signed for.   I’ll post in the Spoiler thread on that. 

Edited by Broncofan

On 1/18/2023 at 8:17 AM, MikeT14 said:

I think that was incredible filmmaking in that scene itself. 

Keeping her out of focus was a great move, prevented it from coming across as hokey and laughable if you had a precision close up on the actress.

• Like 2

I rewatched it’s yesterday. I feel like I haven’t really seen a scene in a vehicle filmed like that was done (which totally honored the game) and it felt more real to me. I wondered how they’d handle getting you to care as much about the characters when you’re not a character yourself but much of the episode felt like you were right there with them. 

47 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I assume you play as Joel?  Regardless, i'm all in on him, Pascal was great.

Spoiler

Not really a spoiler, but you play as a small variety of players, but namely Joel and Ellie. 

Pascal is killing it. Which isn’t surprising at all 

On 1/16/2023 at 10:32 PM, Broncofan said:

This series is going to be HBO's flagship, and become as much must-watch as GOT.  

Absolutely nailed 1.1, and frankly, they're just getting started. 

Do we know how many seasons? Because at most it’ll be four right?

57 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I could see them doing each game over two seasons. So 3-4 makes sense right now. There are rumors of a 3rd game coming out, so that could extend it.

The 3rd game is pretty much a lock as long as Druckmann / Naughty Dog are still in business (and FWIW, reports were leaking since December production has started - can take 2+ years, even 3 before you see the game release, but it's not hard to believe).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

The 3rd game is pretty much a lock as long as Druckmann / Naughty Dog are still in business (and FWIW, reports were leaking since December production has started - can take 2+ years, even 3 before you see the game release, but it's not hard to believe).

Yep this show is gonna drum up so much interest for them. A lot of people didn’t like the second game but I thought it was good. Albeit incredibly long 

49 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Yep this show is gonna drum up so much interest for them. A lot of people didn’t like the second game but I thought it was good. Albeit incredibly long 

The 3rd installment was a lock b4 the series IMO.   This is just icing on the cake.  

For all the mixed reviews LOU2 got from fans it was still a massive financial success.    And a great game gameplay wise.  Without spoiling my main objection was the game was so tough to play through because of how dark it got.   The gameplay was actually stellar.   And it certainly left fans looking for the trilogy.  

But yeah this won’t hurt ND prospects at all.   It’s going to be like printing cash when it comes out.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Never understood the hate for the second to be honest. Yeah, it was longer but the story was excellent. Not as good as the first but still really damn good.

Spoiler

Only gripe I can understand is playing as Abby as long as you did but even then, some of those scenes (the forest when introduced to Lev for example) were fantastic