Preseason, Week 3: Vikings (0-2) at Broncos (1-1)

swede700

Game 2

NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif?width=320&heat NFL_Broncos.gif?width=320&height=320&fit

When:  9:00 PM EST August 27th

Where: Empower Field at Mile High (Denver, CO)

TV/Radio: KMSP, NFLN (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio); Replay on NFLN: August 29th, 2:00 AM EST/September 2nd, 8:00 PM EST/September 4th, 8:00 PM EST

Announcers: Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Ben Leber

Coverage Map:  N/A

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Broncos - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None 

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Another snooze fest lol

I've always found the last preseason game tough to watch, and it’s not because of the talent level on the field.There’s just something a bit morbid about watching players that aren’t going to make the team. We know it. They know it.

Agreed...but there will be less of them since they have to cut 5 more players by tomorrow.  

I'll be interested to see how they handle the 4th ILB spot (which is generally what is kept in a 3-4), as the battle will be between Dye and Lynch.  I know most people seem to prefer Lynch (I really have no care one way or the other), but Dye is often running with the 2s in practice and they both play about the same on special teams.  

And then, of course, we have the punt-off.  

I’ve always preferred Lynch over Dye. Dye is the better athlete and has the better range, but Lynch hasn’t always seemed to be the more instinctive linebacker. He also seems to do a better job disengaging from blocks and is the better tackler. 

Same goes for special teams. I’ve actually seen Lynch make a play, while Dye seems to just be running around. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 9:27 AM, swede700 said:

I'll be interested to see how they handle the 4th ILB spot (which is generally what is kept in a 3-4), as the battle will be between Dye and Lynch.  I know most people seem to prefer Lynch (I really have no care one way or the other), but Dye is often running with the 2s in practice and they both play about the same on special teams.  

And then, of course, we have the punt-off.  

Dye looks like a punter out there. I prefer Lynch though. 

Besides them, I'm interested in WR 5 and 6. I like Bisi and Nailor but I think Chisena steals a spot again.

The CB group seems wide open after Peterson/Dantzler/Sullivan/Booth/Evans. I think Nickerson gets the last spot.

And TY McGill should make the team. I don't think Twyman will make it unfortunately.

True story - I was in Cleveland last weekend.  As I was waiting for someone in the lobby of the hotel, two young men (early twenties) are arguing loudly, calling each other names, with a plethora of F-bombs accenting their disdain for each others position.  What was the argument about? Politics? Religion? Beer?  No, they were arguing about where Russell Wilson is from.  It went something like this:

Man 1: "You idiot!  He played at the University of Wisconsin!  He's originally from Wisconsin, you blankety blank blank!

Man 2:  "You are an effing moron!  He transferred to UW after playing at NC State.  He's from Norfolk, Virginia!"

Me: "Gentleman.  I'm from Virginia.  I can tell you for a fact that Russell Wilson is from Richmond, Virginia.  He was recruited to NC State from Collegiate High School in Richmond.  Further, I was fortunate enough to meet both his father and his grandfather.  Both were exquisite gentlemen.  Google it if you don't believe me."

(Pause) Both men stare at me as if I was a Martian.  Then they continue to argue with one another as they got on the elevator.

Man 1:  I tell you he's from Wisconsin!

Man 2: Norfolk, VA you jacka..!!

Me: Sigh!  It's hard to give factual information to some people.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

True story - I was in Cleveland last weekend.  As I was waiting for someone in the lobby of the hotel, two young men (early twenties) are arguing loudly, calling each other names, with a plethora of F-bombs accenting their disdain for each others position.  What was the argument about? Politics? Religion? Beer?  No, they were arguing about where Russell Wilson is from.  It went something like this:

Man 1: "You idiot!  He played at the University of Wisconsin!  He's originally from Wisconsin, you blankety blank blank!

Man 2:  "You are an effing moron!  He transferred to UW after playing at NC State.  He's from Norfolk, Virginia!"

Me: "Gentleman.  I'm from Virginia.  I can tell you for a fact that Russell Wilson is from Richmond, Virginia.  He was recruited to NC State from Collegiate High School in Richmond.  Further, I was fortunate enough to meet both his father and his grandfather.  Both were exquisite gentlemen.  Google it if you don't believe me."

(Pause) Both men stare at me as if I was a Martian.  Then they continue to argue with one another as they got on the elevator.

Man 1:  I tell you he's from Wisconsin!

Man 2: Norfolk, VA you jacka..!!

Me: Sigh!  It's hard to give factual information to some people.

They need something to do to pass the time.  A Google search would be too quick and easy

• Like 1

I wish Mond was playing in the 1st half or at least does, would be interesting to see him with Reed and Jesse Davis as the guards.  I hope they do not cut Hinton but honestly would not hate if they kept Wyatt Davis over Reed or Jesse Davis just on potential but I doubt it.