Gimme a reason as to why Amari Rodgers should make the team?

vegas492

Amari Rodgers. Cut or kept?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Amari Rodgers. Cut or kept?

• Cut the kid. He's flashed nothing.
    • Keep him. He's shown enough.
    • Feed him some of @Norm's Mom's meatloaf and he will be just fine.

25 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Why would I want Amari Rodgers taking a rushing snap away from Jones or Dillon?

Somehow I don’t think that terrifies an opposing defense. 

Could be depth as RB3 until Hill gets back. You wouldn’t want it to be your first or second option but could get you out of a game if we only head into to season carrying 2 or 3 at RB. 

30 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

It's hard to see where Amari fits in the offense. Anything he currently can do we have someone else who can probably do it better.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Well....Richie was swearing and yelling at Amari early in practices to field the god dam$#! ball.

Like I believe more in what you said, but the fact remains, coach was livid with him for not fielding punts in practice.  No idea if they were inside the 5 yard line.

It's Training Camp. He's almost guaranteed to be told to return everything. 

34 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Go 01 Personnel to bait Dime personnel from the defense. 

Motion Rodgers into the backfield and let him take a handoff against an extremely light box.

The 49ers do it all the time. 

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's hard to see where Amari fits in the offense. Anything he currently can do we have someone else who can probably do it better.

It feels like the jet motion is a thing LaFleur really likes in order to get the defense to tip its hand, and this wouldn't be the first time they will be doing it with someone the defense isn't particularly worried about.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

It feels like the jet motion is a thing LaFleur really likes in order to get the defense to tip its hand, and this wouldn't be the first time they will be doing it with someone the defense isn't particularly worried about.

I like Watson more in that role. Plus, he's better at other things whilst on the field that make the defense think.

To me Amari looks like the kind of guy who will have trouble creating separation on his own. You will need to manufacture ways of getting him the ball (handoffs, screens, misdirection). But if you can, there are some possibilities there as we saw on his catch and run for TD in the 1st preseason game.  

1 minute ago, Brat&Beer said:

To me Amari looks like the kind of guy who will have trouble creating separation on his own. You will need to manufacture ways of getting him the ball (handoffs, screens, misdirection). But if you can, there are some possibilities there as we saw on his catch and run for TD in the 1st preseason game.  

I think he's a great piece off the bench for the offense. And a solid (with potential) STer. 

Which makes me think he has a roster spot. Those guys have game day value.

At present, Amari appears to be #1 punt.  (With their defense, I'm hoping the Packers may force a lot of punts?)  

Anti-awful in underrated.  There is value in anti-awful; plus value in not exposing an important snaps-player or Buildican guy on punts. 

*If* the Packers conclude that Amari is their best, or just most OK, least-awful punt returner, that's a reason to keep him.  I'm fine to entrust that decision to them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R T said:

Two of the more impressive plays from preseason have come from Amari, the 50-yard KO return and his 22-yard TD catch. 

He has some Ty Montgomery qualities to him which is a very good thing. In time he will be a valuable piece to the offense, just might not be this season. Crazy how many people are completely missing the boat on this guy.  

I didn't see that game, except for like 10 plays when I was out at a bar.

The most impressive plays I've seen were Engabare plays.  Or the Etling run.  Or the Etling pass to the RB Baylor.  Or the Love to Doubs TD catch.  Or the Love dime that Toure didn't quite get.

But again...I didn't see those Rodgers plays.  Guessing the catch game in the 4'th quarter?

From the reports I'm hearing from practice I guess they're going to use Rodgers in the old Tyler Irving role.

Makes sense because he's built more like a RB playing WR.  I don't want Watson doing jet sweeps in the NFL because he's too big of a target.

This may be the perfect role for him. He's not going to beat guys deep like Doubs, Watson or Watkins but he'll be a great yac receiver out of the backfield.

Edited by St Vince

3 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

No doubt Watson and Doubs have more talent, but Rodgers likes reliability. Winfree runs good routes and is where he should be when he should be. Amari not so much. Admittedly, Winfree is just a place holder until Watson and Doubs gain Rodger's trust. 

Winfree struggles to get separation against CBs desperate to even make their own teams.  What's he gonna do against 1st team CBs since you have him penciled in as a starter?  The only way he beats Rodgers out is if he outplays him on special teams imo.