GDT: Preseason Week 3: Packers at Chiefs

packfanfb

GDT: Preseason Week 3: Packers at Chiefs  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Play Starters or No Starters?

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

They need the work .. defense is getting the best of them on a daily basis.  Two drives or one quarter of work sounds about right. 

Are you thinking Love or Rodgers at qb?  I also believe the 1st team on both sides needs exactly what you mentioned. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Rest them all and get ready to beat down the Vikings in MN. 

Yah, just like last years 1st game vs the Saints.  Plenty of teams have played starters already including KC.   I know the "old" thought process of starters getting injured .. they can get hurt in practice or the 1st quarter of a regular season game too.  I'm with Family Ghost on this one and hope it happens.

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Yah, just like last years 1st game vs the Saints.  Plenty of teams have played starters already including KC.   I know the "old" thought process of starters getting injured .. they can get hurt in practice or the 1st quarter of a regular season game too.  I'm with Family Ghost on this one and hope it happens.

True, but also true that every snap they take increases the odds of getting injured. Why temp fate? They will be ready to play game one. Our defense should dominate the Vikings and that weak offensive line. 

Their defense has taken a step back as well, especially in the middle of the line. 

I’m good either way but we will rest starters after a quarter of work so doubt it’s the full throttle ramp up that anyone might hope for. To top it off, 74 and 69 might play in MIN but won’t play in KC so any group of starters would not really be featuring our preferred line which is pretty consequential. Get Love a few drives behind the starting* line then let the backend of the roster fight it out for the last few spots. With any luck, both offenses will sputter and we’ll see tons of ST work. 

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

No starters. Not playing starters in 2021 led to blowout loss to Saints and catapulted Packers to 13-4 record and best record in NFC. Why change?

So we don’t get blown out by the Viqueens week 1 for starters. 

• Like 1

I think Rodgers always brings up practice always is better than a series or 2 in a preseason game. I get injuries can happen at any time. But the less amount of meaningless games you can keep these guys out of the better. I would rather be rusty coming out than risk an injury that could cost a valuable player a season ending injury. 

Edited by Gopackgonerd