GDT: Preseason Week 3: Packers at Chiefs

packfanfb

GDT: Preseason Week 3: Packers at Chiefs  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Play Starters or No Starters?

On 8/23/2022 at 10:25 PM, Gopackgonerd said:

Idk even if its 1.5 percent thats still a sizeable risk. I understand it from both sides theres pros and cons I just don't see how it's gonna alter how they play THAT much. Hell we could do that and come out sloppy anyways, I would rather LaFleur just stick to his guns every year because either way it could be for not.

The flaw in the logic is that it's the same risk of injury in those preseason snaps as it would be in game 1. You're just risking it earlier, and forcing an extra 15 snaps on your key players.

8 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Why do people assume not playing our starters led to the NO blowout? Does anyone really believe a drive or two in pre-season woulda changed anything? If they do play and we lose week 1 then what??

Sometimes the team just doesn't have it that day.

There was a combo of things going on.  We always stink when playing in Florida in the first month of the season, the game was moved to Jacksonville.  Yeah, it is hot and humid in Green Bay in the summer.  But it is not nearly as hot and humid as it is in the South. The Saints were a lot better last season than probably anyone thought that they would be.  Breesus was retired, they had 30 for 30 at QB, Michael Thomas has every ailment possible, they never had a defense since the bounties were stopped.  We also caught a good Jameis week.  Jameis is as good as any QB when he is on, but he is very inconsistent, and his lows are not worth the highs.  

Come On Jordan Love. Increase your trade value.

The battle for backup Edge rushers continues. Enagbare seems to be winning so far. Garvin, Hamilton, Galeai and Jones the other contenders. Probably 5 guys going for 3 spots.

Hoping to see a strong performance from Tom. I like Newman/Tom at RG/RT better than Hanson/Newman in the event that Jenkins isn't ready.

Sure would be fun to see Doubs and Watson light it up tonight.

Battle for #3 RB could be decided tonight. Don't ignore what happens on special teams.

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Why do people assume not playing our starters led to the NO blowout? Does anyone really believe a drive or two in pre-season woulda changed anything? If they do play and we lose week 1 then what??

Sometimes the team just doesn't have it that day.

I do not assume that it "led" to that result, but I'm deeply suspicious it had an impact.

My gut feeling is that playing some in the pre-season is beneficial to week 1 performance.

• Like 1