Nick Chubb V Jonathan Taylor

mdonnelly21

Better RB Right Now   

36 members have voted

1. 1. Better RB Right Now 

It’s close. JT has some of the best vision I think you’ll find in the NFL. Chubb breaks tackles a little more ease, Taylor likes to fight through the contact. Both home run threats that are big, strong, and have great speed. Think Taylor offers more on third down. JT does get an extra mark for showing that his efficiency goes absolutely nowhere on 330+ carries. It’s a coin toss.

13 minutes ago, biggie. said:

This forum loves to award #1 of a position to whoever had the best season previously. If we are talking all things equal, and usage is the same, Chubb is the best. 

But if you wanna give it to Taylor for being more versatile, I’m fine with that. 

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

This forum loves to award #1 of a position to whoever had the best season previously. If we are talking all things equal, and usage is the same, Chubb is the best. 

But if you wanna give it to Taylor for being more versatile, I’m fine with that. 

Neither is better than Derrick Henry.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If Taylor goes 16  or 17 games 1600 yards around 5 ypc what do people think will happen with his contract? 

the most recent big deals regressed from 16 million too 12 million. Will JT see a market recovery or continued regression? 

If the Colts are smart, they'll let JT run out his contract, then maybe franchise him for a year or two, and then move on.  Giving any RB long term money past 28 or 29 just isn't a winning strategy nowadays.  

As for the best right now, that's a tough call.  I lean towards Chubb, but I certainly won't begrudge an opinion that's the opposite.

6 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Jonathan Taylor. More explosive runner and better all around game. 

I would hear an argument for "better all around game", but the explosive runner part is interesting to me and frankly I don't see that at all.

• Like 1