Nick Chubb V Jonathan Taylor

mdonnelly21

Better RB Right Now   

36 members have voted

1. 1. Better RB Right Now 

Jonathan Taylor may be the most explosive RB in the league right now. He has a freakish combo of size/speed (226lbs, 4.39 in the 40, 10.49 in the 100m). Looking beyond Taylor’s testing numbers (which are better than Chubb’s 4.52 40, 10.69 100m), his play on the field has also shown he has elite home run ability with his explosive runs.

Taylor also posted 3 of the top 5 fastest ball carrier speeds last season

He also led the NFL as a rookie in most runs of 20+ MPH.

Jonathan Taylor has 9 runs/catches that have gone for 40+ yards in just 2 seasons. Nick Chubb in 4 seasons has 14 runs/catches of 40+ yards. Last season Jonathan Taylor had 6 plays that went for 40+ yards. That is more than any season in Nick Chubb’s career. Chubb had career best of 4 plays of 40+ yards in 2019 and 2018. 

Jonathan Taylor also had 19 runs/catches that went for 20+ yards last season. Chubb had a career best of 15 plays of 20+ yards in 2019. 

I just don’t see an argument for Chubb being more explosive than Taylor. Sure Chubb is up near the top of NFL RB’s from an explosive standpoint, but it just seems Taylor is on another level in that regard.

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I like JT but I need to see another year or so of production before I'm ready to automatically vault him.

2nd round pick.

Excellent rookie season.

Elite sophomore season.

What else do you need?

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 12:02 PM, tyler735 said:

I just don’t see an argument for Chubb being more explosive than Taylor. Sure Chubb is up near the top of NFL RB’s from an explosive standpoint, but it just seems Taylor is on another level in that regard.

Nothing you put out there is wrong, but I’d add that a lot of those are counting numbers (most ___ runs). We’d all love to see Chubb get a 350-400 touch season…

Give the nod to the man that somehow made Wisconsin's offense look legitimate by himself for 3 seasons. Taylor is otherworldly with his combination of insane vision and elite explosion. Oh and his ability to stay healthy through massive workloads has been impressive, going back to college. 926 carries at 6.7 YPC in an offense with turds surrounding him in college and then 5.3 YPC on 564 attempts to start his NFL career? Yeah, gimme that dude.

On 8/26/2022 at 4:02 AM, tyler735 said:

Jonathan Taylor may be the most explosive RB in the league right now. He has a freakish combo of size/speed (226lbs, 4.39 in the 40, 10.49 in the 100m). Looking beyond Taylor’s testing numbers (which are better than Chubb’s 4.52 40, 10.69 100m), his play on the field has also shown he has elite home run ability with his explosive runs.

Taylor also posted 3 of the top 5 fastest ball carrier speeds last season

He also led the NFL as a rookie in most runs of 20+ MPH.

Jonathan Taylor has 9 runs/catches that have gone for 40+ yards in just 2 seasons. Nick Chubb in 4 seasons has 14 runs/catches of 40+ yards. Last season Jonathan Taylor had 6 plays that went for 40+ yards. That is more than any season in Nick Chubb’s career. Chubb had career best of 4 plays of 40+ yards in 2019 and 2018. 

Jonathan Taylor also had 19 runs/catches that went for 20+ yards last season. Chubb had a career best of 15 plays of 20+ yards in 2019. 

Taylor got a ton more carries. 

Taylor is the best. Similar backs where Chubb has a bit more power, but Taylor is an even greater house call option. Taylor is also the superior receiving option as well.

I think Taylor is the marginally superior runner of the football, but on the same tier but is higher tier as a receiving threat. Making him IMO comfortably ahead of Chubb… and by comfortable I mean 1a best to 3rd best. It’s not a huge difference but I think it’s clear that Taylor is superior (though I trust Chubb carrying the rock without fumbling more). Was a big fan of them both coming out. Felt Lamar with Taylor would’ve been an unstoppable combo (though a healthy Dobbins is a quality consolation prize).

My rankings:
1. Taylor
2. Henry
3. Chubb

I wonder if chubb will age better than Taylor, Chubb gets more bang for his buck with cuts and vision than Taylor, while Taylor seems like more of a beast of a runner. Chubb has had a bigger knee injury than Taylor has. 

Both could break the mold of running backs falling off a cliff in their mid 20s