Seahawks sign CB Byron Maxwell

showtime

I haven't seen anything about the money portion, but we know it's a one year deal.  I guess bringing Maxwell back doesn't hurt, but it also shows how bad the CB unit might be full time without Richard Sherman.  Huge test vs the Falcons coming up on Monday Night Football.

14 hours ago, animaltested said:

Desperation.

So is the Packers starting Hundley then.

Desperate moves are sometimes your only moves. 

3 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Desperation.

Why? Seems more like a common sense move.

I think it's both. It's desperate, but it's probably your best option so it's also common sense. 

15 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Desperation.

So is the Packers starting Hundley then.

Desperate moves are sometimes your only moves

Pretty much. If you're scrambling for players in November, you're not exactly finding Patrick Peterson to pop in your lineup...

8 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Pretty much. If you're scrambling for players in November, you're not exactly finding Patrick Peterson to pop in your lineup...

Seattle is plucking a dude that has been standing around doing nothing for 8-9 weeks, and will be asked to play a significant role going into late November and December. Yah... in my opinion, desperation. Banking on what he was, not what he is. 

Maybe im just a little depressed at the thought of watching Jeremy Lane/Justin Coleman try and guard Julio Jones. 

8 hours ago, animaltested said:

Seattle is plucking a dude that has been standing around doing nothing for 8-9 weeks, and will be asked to play a significant role going into late November and December. Yah... in my opinion, desperation. Banking on what he was, not what he is. 

That's what happens when you lose a star player this late. You're never going to find a quality guy sitting around, so yo try to find someone with familiarity to your team and hope for a spark. Pretty much the majority of Texans' fans were expecting Mario Williams to walk through the door once JJ Watt got hurt again (glad that didn't happen, but point remains).

You're not wrong by calling it desperation, but it's desperate times when your #1 CB is lost for the year.

8 hours ago, animaltested said:

Maybe im just a little depressed at the thought of watching Jeremy Lane/Justin Coleman try and guard Julio Jones

Well - yeah, I can understand that.

Archived