Sonny’s # to be retired

turtle28

16 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I guess they are anticipating this being a lost season. Why else are we waiting until the rivalry game right in the middle of winter, especially for someone who just turned 88. 

I swear, every time this team tries to do something right, it still makes me think other things. 

I think they didn't think enough last year and thinking too much this year.

They want to connect the past to the Commanders name and figure retiring a guy a lot of former guys admire will get them to show up for Sonny. Then the last thing they want is a repeat of Sean Taylor last year where former players and fans complained about not having time to make it to the game.

Love Jason Wright the person, Jason Wright the team president is too indecisive or has to many Idiots working under him.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I guess they are anticipating this being a lost season. Why else are we waiting until the rivalry game right in the middle of winter, especially for someone who just turned 88. 

I swear, every time this team tries to do something right, it still makes me think other things. 

My guess is they wanted to do it at home against Dallas bc that is our biggest rivalry & it’s what the greats like Sonny will always be remember for. They can’t help that the game isn’t scheduled until January 8th.

18 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

I think they didn't think enough last year and thinking too much this year.

They want to connect the past to the Commanders name and figure retiring a guy a lot of former guys admire will get them to show up for Sonny. Then the last thing they want is a repeat of Sean Taylor last year where former players and fans complained about not having time to make it to the game.

Love Jason Wright the person, Jason Wright the team president is too indecisive or has to many Idiots working under him.

Or……someone higher up is telling Wright what to do, how to do it and when to do it. 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

My guess is they wanted to do it at home against Dallas bc that is our biggest rivalry & it’s what the greats like Sonny will always be remember for. They can’t help that the game isn’t scheduled until January 8th.

I understand the rivalry part, but you also have to account for the stadium possibly being 50% (or more) Cowboys fans, it being late in the season in the winter…….this just doesn’t make any sense to me.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I understand the rivalry part, but you also have to account for the stadium possibly being 50% (or more) Cowboys fans, it being late in the season in the winter…….this just doesn’t make any sense to me.  

I hear you, but I still think it makes the most sense and gives them ample time to prepare unlike the Sean Taylor Jersey retirement which wasn’t planned very well & people who needed to be there complained they weren’t notified with enough time to plan.

The game which would make the most sense to do the Sonny Jersey retirement to me is the home game vs the Eagles since Sonny played for both teams but, the game is September 25th so maybe they feel they don’t have enough time to plan for that.

https://youtu.be/l-acLhyuhpk

The best pure passing QB and the legendary voice and personality of the Redskins.  And was an accurate behind his back as well. I ran into him at the Crab one Saturday where he and his entourage were well lubricated and the next day he’d throw for 400 yards. The 60’s was such a different and better era where QB’s partied hard and played great the same day. He has one of the weakest OL’s every year and no defense otherwise- if he had both above average he would have given the Packers some real competition.  Another one just passed Lenny Dawson who used to light up on the bench at the Super Bowl and all the other games too in between series. Ok I’ll say it- when men were men. 

• Like 1