Final pre season game: Bills at Panthers

Trentwannabe

12 minutes ago, Tommy_C said:

What are we looking for in this game?

- CB battle between Jackson/Elam/Benford

- Zack Moss see if he can make the team?

- Isaiah Hodgins/Jake Kumerow?

I want another 80 yard punt! Oh, and keep the winning streak going. It's amazing to see the intensity that McD instills in ALL of the players regardless of whether or not they have a realistic shot of making the team. That's a testament to his leadership skills.

I'm curious to see how Keenum does as he will be playing against their starters. Had a rough Week 1, great Week 2 but against all backups. Seems like Carolina is playing starters through 2nd so im guessing we get Keenum 1st half and Barkley 2nd half. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DER10N92 said:

I'm curious to see how Keenum does as he will be playing against their starters. Had a rough Week 1, great Week 2 but against all backups. Seems like Carolina is playing starters through 2nd so im guessing we get Keenum 1st half and Barkley 2nd half. 

it may be tough to gauge if the starting oline isnt playing. I kind of hope they do play so you can get an idea if keenum can get it done as I am probably the minority and rather roll with Barkley and save that 3.5 mil for other purposes. I am not confident in Barkley nor Keenum and see if Allen goes down the offense is in trouble. While Keenum may give a bit more then barkley I just dont know if its that much more off. Some people will argue and say he got the vikings to the playoffs but that same guy has been on 8 other teams too which means he is expendable especially a team willing to bring in brisset over keeping keenum knowing that watson was going to be suspended 

51 minutes ago, DER10N92 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Keenum didn’t play much more than a quarter. He’s the clear #2 and they may not want to risk him to injury either. 

29 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

it may be tough to gauge if the starting oline isnt playing. I kind of hope they do play so you can get an idea if keenum can get it done as I am probably the minority and rather roll with Barkley and save that 3.5 mil for other purposes. I am not confident in Barkley nor Keenum and see if Allen goes down the offense is in trouble. While Keenum may give a bit more then barkley I just dont know if its that much more off. Some people will argue and say he got the vikings to the playoffs but that same guy has been on 8 other teams too which means he is expendable especially a team willing to bring in brisset over keeping keenum knowing that watson was going to be suspended 

Barkley isn’t good lol. He should look good in pre season against rookies and young players. 

Keenum isn’t great but he’s arguably the best back up in the league right now. He played well with our starters against Denver. If he has to come in for 3-4 games I’d be WAY more confident then I would be with Barkley who’s never had any success as a starter.