The 2022 Jacoby Brissett Thread

brownie man

How will Jacoby play in general this year?   

21 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think Jacoby's will do this year?

• He'll perform better than his career average
    • He'll perform about his career average
    • He'll perform below his career average

Jacoby Brissett 2022 Browns QB

Jacoby-Brissett-080122-GETTY-FTR.jpg?ito

I think our starter deserves his own thread. 

And bring that jersey back out because we got another name to add. 

I've got some questions/topics to get the ball rolling. 

1. Does Jacoby Brissett start all 11 games before Deshaun's return? 

2. How many games does Jacoby win? 

3. Who will Jacoby's first touchdown be to? 

4. Does Jacoby beat either of the team he's previously played for? (New England/Miami)

5. Does Jacoby beat Brady? 

6. Which player will Jacoby have the most targets to? 

7. How many rushing TDs will Jacoby have this year? 

8. What will Jacobys average passing yardage per game be? 

9. Who will Jacoby have the most touchdowns to? 

10. What will Jacoby's record vs our division be? (He plays all three of Cinci, Bmore, and Pitt.) - as a side note I like how that turned out. Forseeably Deshaun and Jacoby will both get to play against each team in our division. That's pretty cool and could throw some of the teams off preparation wise.

Edited by brownie man

8 hours ago, brownie man said:

1. Does Jacoby Brissett start all 11 games before Deshaun's return? Doubtful

2. How many games does Jacoby win? 6 if he plays all 11

3. Who will Jacoby's first touchdown be to? Njoku

4. Does Jacoby beat either of the team he's previously played for? (New England/Miami) Yes

5. Does Jacoby beat Brady? No

6. Which player will Jacoby have the most targets to? Cooper

7. How many rushing TDs will Jacoby have this year? 2

8. What will Jacobys average passing yardage per game be? 164

9. Who will Jacoby have the most touchdowns to? Hunt

10. What will Jacoby's record vs our division be? 1-2

• Like 1

It’s funny most people are voting Jacoby will perform his average. 

I think this is going to be the best season of Jacobys career. This is the best team he’s ever played on. I don’t think he’ll be amazing but I definitely think this year is gonna be the pinnacle of his career. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brownie man said:

1. Does Jacoby Brissett start all 11 games before Deshaun's return? 

2. How many games does Jacoby win? 

3. Who will Jacoby's first touchdown be to? 

4. Does Jacoby beat either of the team he's previously played for? (New England/Miami)

5. Does Jacoby beat Brady? 

6. Which player will Jacoby have the most targets to? 

7. How many rushing TDs will Jacoby have this year? 

8. What will Jacobys average passing yardage per game be? 

9. Who will Jacoby have the most touchdowns to? 

10. What will Jacoby's record vs our division be? (He plays all three of Cinci, Bmore, and Pitt.) - as a side note I like how that turned out. Forseeably Deshaun and Jacoby will both get to play against each team in our division. That's pretty cool and could throw some of the teams off preparation wise.

1. Starts 9 or 10. He probably misses one due to injury or the coaching staff getting antsy.

2. He wins 5 or 6. Does better than expected, but not a top-12 guy. 

3. First TD is to Harrison Bryant off of a play action checkdown, where Bryant is running a shallow crosser and finds ten yards of open space due to a Panthers miscommunication.

4. He beats New England, loses to Miami. 

5. Jacoby loses to Tampa. Plays close through three quarters before punting twice in the fourth, while Brady scores a TD and leads his team on a field goal to widen the gap to 13.

6. Amari Cooper will see his fair share of targets, but don't be surprised if David Njoku comes really close, like 70 targets in 10 games. Njoku has never had a massive season at the NFL level, but he's shown some bright flashes and Brissett likes to funnel targets to TEs. Jack Doyle tied for the team lead in targets in 2019 when Brissett started, and was second in targets in 2017 (Brissett's other starting year in IND). The margin between Doyle and first-place that season? One single target. TY Hilton had 109 targets, Doyle had 108. Last season, in games where Brissett played the majority of snaps, Dolphins TE Mike Gesicki averaged 8.2 targets. Gesicki's lowest target number came in week 2 against Buffalo, a shutout loss where Brissett came in for an injured Tua Tagovailoa. Gesicki still had 6 targets in that game. 

7. Two rushing TDs.

8. He'll have about 205 yards per game, slightly better than his career average (as a starter).

9. Brissett doesn't throw a ton of TDs. He's mostly someone who avoids major mistakes through check-downs and throwaways if the play he's looking for isn't there. I'd GUESS Amari Cooper will lead the team in TDs through week 11, with 4 or 5.

10. Brissett is going to be 1-2 in-division. He beats Pitt in a slugfest, loses to Baltimore and Cincinnati. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

It’s funny most people are voting Jacoby will perform his average. 

I think this is going to be the best season of Jacobys career. This is the best team he’s ever played on. I don’t think he’ll be amazing but I definitely think this year is gonna be the pinnacle of his career. 

Absolutely. 10 games, about 2,050 yards and 15 TDs. 4 picks. We'll say about 7 YPA and a 5-4 or 6-5 record.

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

After the final preseason game I’m thinking 6-5 with Jacoby is about the limit of where he can take us. Which leaves us well in the hunt.

His play was better than his stat line, I really do not like AS. He had an easy drop, a hard drop and a fall that caused an INT. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, brownie man said:

The league needs to start putting some respect on Jacoby’s name 

That game winning drive was immaculate 

Getting hit I the face and a what should have been penalty. As lucky as he was good  

He has literally the worst deep ball o have ever seen, it's like a shot put.

19 minutes ago, brownie man said:

The league needs to start putting some respect on Jacoby’s name 

That game winning drive was immaculate 

He came up when it mattered most. But like I said before, we're likely not even in a position where we need to come back if Brissett plays better throughout the game. If JB keeps playing like he did today, we're in for a long season.