The 2022 Jacoby Brissett Thread

brownie man

How will Jacoby play in general this year?   

21 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think Jacoby's will do this year?

• He'll perform better than his career average
    • He'll perform about his career average
    • He'll perform below his career average

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

HAs anyone ever seen a deep ball as bad as Brissets? its a cross between a shot put and a punt 

It's bad. Any pass that he threw beyond 10 yards I held my breath. I'm hoping he'll get better as he gets used to the offense, but the defense and running game will have to be dominant for us to still be in good shape once Watson returns. He's certainly not the worst QB we've had, but man he just seems so slow out there. Slow running, slow rolling out, slow windup, etc. Like I've said, if we had even average play at QB today we likely totally blow Carolina out.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

It's bad. Any pass that he threw beyond 10 yards I held my breath. I'm hoping he'll get better as he gets used to the offense, but the defense and running game will have to be dominant for us to still be in good shape once Watson returns. He's certainly not the worst QB we've had, but man he just seems so slow out there. Slow running, slow rolling out, slow windup, etc. Like I've said, if we had even average play at QB today we likely totally blow Carolina out.

He is like Cody Kessler 

We ran it 39x, almost all of which were the two RBs. We aren’t going to be able to go 11 games holding the QBs hand like we did in the past. If we’re going to be successful, they’re going to have to rely on Brissett to provide at least a chunk of the production. He gave us 147 yards on 34 attempts. Think the pass selection could have been better. Think Brissett isn’t good. Also think, as I have the past how many ever years now, we throw a trash unit out there at WR outside of like 1-2 guys. Adding Cooper and losing Landry/OBJ wasn’t enough. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

We ran it almost 60% of the time…I guess I’m not sure what more you guys want in the NFL. I’d wager that % and those attempts are towards the top if not alone at the top of the league outside of the monsoon in Chicago.

It’s not just numbers though, it’s when they decided to run/pass.  In the first half especially there were a lot of drives where we came out throwing for no real reason tbh.  Like iirc there was like a 3rd and 2 or some ish and we proceeded to pass it twice.  Like bro, you have Chunt, don’t overthink it.

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s not just numbers though, it’s when they decided to run/pass.  In the first half especially there were a lot of drives where we came out throwing for no real reason tbh.  Like iirc there was like a 3rd and 2 or some ish and we proceeded to pass it twice.  Like bro, you have Chunt, don’t overthink it.

That was a head scratcher, but I’d argue it was absolutely the right call considering Cooper was wide open college style and JB missed him. At some point it’s on the players to execute. JMHO

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That was a head scratcher, but I’d argue it was absolutely the right call considering Cooper was wide open college style and JB missed him. At some point it’s on the players to execute. JMHO

I get that, and you’re not wrong, but week 1/2 I’m remembering where my bread is buttered and letting Jacoby and Cooper develop some chemistry for a few weeks.

It’s just another in a never ending line of examples where head coaches outsmart themselves.  Like, if I was running that offense yesterday I’m gonna run that ball until they stop it on multiple drives.  When I do pass it’s largely going to be play action shots down the field just to keep the defense honest.