The 2022 Jacoby Brissett Thread

brownie man

How will Jacoby play in general this year?   

21 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think Jacoby's will do this year?

• He'll perform better than his career average
    • He'll perform about his career average
    • He'll perform below his career average

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That’s gotten happen soon. Brissett looks slow as hell he can’t extend plays. When you have a terrible qb you have to run gimmicks. We need to see Dobbs do something out there. 

Yeah it’s really gotta be gimmicks, smoke, mirrors, trickery, bullsht, all of the above until Watson is back.

Jacoby can run a basic offense, but we’re gonna need some big plays at some point. 

24 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I didn't think Brissett was this bad. He looks like he has no arm, no mobility, and no balls to throw it up deep. This is going to be a rough year once we get past the cupcakes.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing Josh Dobbs at some point.

Eh, even Jacoby said he was having a hard time managing emotions and it was evident in the post game presser.  I think once he settles in he’ll be better, but not a lot better.  There’s a reason he’s a backup QB.

I think he’s gonna need to make some plays, sure, and Stefanski is gonna have to recalibrate his aggressiveness on the opponents side of the field temporarily as well as lean on the run more, but he can be an adequate game manager imo.

Full disclosure, I get we didn't play JB because of the fear of losing essentially your "starting" (and backup LOL) QB in a meaningless game, but the rust absolutely showed, especially early on some of those huge missed throws. (See: Amari Cooper running free)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, even Jacoby said he was having a hard time managing emotions and it was evident in the post game presser.  I think once he settles in he’ll be better, but not a lot better.  There’s a reason he’s a backup QB.

I think he’s gonna need to make some plays, sure, and Stefanski is gonna have to recalibrate his aggressiveness on the opponents side of the field temporarily as well as lean on the run more, but he can be an adequate game manager imo.

I don't like his elongated delivery and shot-put style throwing motion. I feel like DB's are going to be able to break on those throws so easily. Colt McCoy didn't have an arm, but at least the ball came out quickly for him. This dude just lobs moon balls out there. I'm frightened by him! Hopefully I'm wrong and he can manage the game effectively for us, but I am very concerned about his game 1 performance. 

4 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I don't like his elongated delivery and shot-put style throwing motion. I feel like DB's are going to be able to break on those throws so easily. Colt McCoy didn't have an arm, but at least the ball came out quickly for him. This dude just lobs moon balls out there. I'm frightened by him! Hopefully I'm wrong and he can manage the game effectively for us, but I am very concerned about his game 1 performance. 

Eh, he’s got almost 1300 passing attempts and 8k career yards, he’s not exactly inexperienced or “unseen” by defenses.  I think he sort of is what he is at this point.

58 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Full disclosure, I get we didn't play JB because of the fear of losing essentially your "starting" (and backup LOL) QB in a meaningless game, but the rust absolutely showed, especially early on some of those huge missed throws. (See: Amari Cooper running free)

Yeah it never made sense to me that we sat him like he was Peyton manning. A new system with new players around him. He should have seen every snap he could possibly get in pre season. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah it never made sense to me that we sat him like he was Peyton manning. A new system with new players around him. He should have seen every snap he could possibly get in pre season. 

That’s all well and good until he gets hurt in preseason.

He’s not great, but I’m not sure there’s a better option available.

On 9/12/2022 at 10:18 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Honestly working in some packages for Dobbs to maybe add another element to the offense is something they need to be doing imo.  Not every drive obviously, but occasionally being able to add a new dimension to the offense may help overcome some of the QB deficiencies we have until Watson comes back.

Like I understand that Jacoby is going to be the smarter, safer player, but it almost bit them in the butt cause he kinda left a lot of points on the field.

I honestly would like to see Dobbs. I think he would greatly add another element to the run game just because of his ability to be mobile with the ball in his hands. Him being able to roll out, spring out, and run boots would greatly help the run game cause its going to force the defense to keep a defender home on the backside contain in case it is a run play. Hell, even if Dobbs doesnt have a wide open throw, just tell him to rip off 5 yards and go down unless he has a massive running lane. I think Dobbs compared to Jacoby has a way bigger, big play threat compared to Jacoby. I would feel comfortable with him because if he does make a mistake, the defense is good enough (at least the 1st half defense last week) to bail out the QB.

On 8/26/2022 at 1:49 PM, Kiwibrown said:

this offense lacks deep speed which would help Brissett a lot he isnt accurate but he can throw deep. 

On 9/11/2022 at 6:38 PM, Kiwibrown said:

HAs anyone ever seen a deep ball as bad as Brissets? its a cross between a shot put and a punt 

On 9/11/2022 at 6:56 PM, Kiwibrown said:

He is like Cody Kessler 

On 9/13/2022 at 12:44 PM, Kiwibrown said:

We should seenif Fitz wants one last rodeo. At least he can chuck it

On 9/13/2022 at 12:50 PM, Kiwibrown said:

I'd even trade like a 4th and D'Ernest Johnson for Nick Foles

I see now why you wanted to start up that new thread

You wanted posters to look over the fact you was slandering my mans BIG TIME

I mean we even got a Nick Foles request 

Big Boi Smh GIF by Outkast

Thats a damn shame @Kiwibrown all you had to do was say you wanted to hop on the bandwagon. We woulda let you on. You aint have to act like you werent clowning my mans in multiple posts. But its alright brotha I'm just glad you came to your senses. Better put some respect on Jacoby name for these remaining 8 games. 

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

I see now why you wanted to start up that new thread

You wanted posters to look over the fact you was slandering my mans BIG TIME

I mean we even got a Nick Foles request 

Big Boi Smh GIF by Outkast

Thats a damn shame @Kiwibrown all you had to do was say you wanted to hop on the bandwagon. We woulda let you on. You aint have to act like you werent clowning my mans in multiple posts. But its alright brotha I'm just glad you came to your senses. Better put some respect on Jacoby name for these remaining 8 games. 

I deny all allegations made against me.