Rate my Draft Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Best waivers are Nico Collins, Julio, davante Parker. 

I'm putting out feelers now to the guys who are most amenable to trades . Mike Williams and guys like that.

The guy who has kamara really wants to get rid of him, so that may distract me if I can get him at a discount 😂

Parker and Collins? I’d grab both if you can. Parker I really like this year. Surprised he went undrafted in a 17 spot draft. Usually he goes in the 12th Round almost any league I’m in. And I have a decent share of him. He has proven he can be an elite WR in fantasy (although only one season) and has been Mac’s favorite target in training camp. 

Edited by BayRaider

19 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

If it's re-draft, I actually feel a lot better about Henry.  It's just age-28 season, which has historically been the statistical-best season for A LOT of talented RB's (in spite of the drop-off after 30 rule tending to hold true).  LT, Marshawn, Tiki, Priest, Shaun Alexander, Marshall, and Westbrook all had career years in their age-28 season.

Yeah but if we are looking at recent years, 27 has been the cutoff. But if anyone can have a great season at 28, it’s Henry. 

5 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Just finished a 12 team PPR draft from the 5 spot. Feeling quite meh about this squad

QB- Trey Lance

RB- Christian McCaffrey

RB- Travis Etienne

WR- Ceedee Lamb

WR- Courtland Sutton

WR- Devonta Smith

TE- Mark Andrews

Flex- AJ Dillon

Flex- Brandon Aiyuk

K- Jake Elliott

DEF- Browns

Bench RBs- Kenneth Walker, James Cook, Raheem Mostart 

Bench WR’s- Skyy Moore, Romeo Doubs, Jahan Dotson, Josh Palmer.

I like my starters ok but my bench feels pretty gross and too many rookies 

Well I think it’s really good 🤷🏻‍♂️ I think overall your WR depth is elite, RBs hit or miss, could struggle there if/when CMC goes down. But you’ve added a lot of the “risers” that this forum has named. Aiyuk and Skyy for example 

Edited by Hunter2_1

15 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Downside of pick #2. Ekeler, Kupp, and JJ we’re also under consideration but wanted a RB with depth being not that great and ultimately went in banking on CMac having a healthy year. 

The best RB left when I took Mitchell we’re him, Dobbins, and Dillon. Still don’t trust Dillon with Jones being there and Dobbins injury made me worry but had to think hard between those two.

My biggest back and forth was Godwin and Mooney. I ultimately went with Godwin who I think is primed for a star season once he’s back completely healthy. I know what Mooney did but I just can’t trust Fields.

I hear ya on that one with your RB conundrum ... I personally like Dillon better than Dobbins and Mitchell, I think Aaron Jones will play alot of the "Wide Back" type role. I think they play a similar role of a Alvin Kamara/Mark Ingram circa 2017. Both will eat in an offense begging for playmakers to fill the Tae Adams void. 

On 8/29/2022 at 1:01 PM, Tommy_C said:

12 team, 2 keeper (whatever round they were drafted/kept last year goes up one). .5 PPR. I had the 9th pick. 

QB: Joe Burrow (6)
WR: CeeDee Lamb (k-5)
WR: Michael Pittman (k-8)
RB: Saquan Barkley (1)
RB: Zeke Elliot (2)
TE: Darren Waller (4)
Flex: Jaylen Waddle (3)
K: Dunstin Hopkins (16)
DEF: **empty (will make move before week 1)

Bench:
RB Miles Sanders (7)
RB Kenneth Walker (9)
WR Chris Olave (10)
WR Marquez Valdez-Scantling (11)
TE Robert Tonyan (12)
WR Rondale Moore (13)
RB JD McKissick (14)
QB Deshaun Watson (15)

Thoughts/opinions? I'll be honest I'm not excited about this team. I did receive a "A" from Yahoo, FWIW. 

Bumping cuz I want the attention and I still don't love my draft. Red Headed step child vibes. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 12:01 PM, Tommy_C said:

12 team, 2 keeper (whatever round they were drafted/kept last year goes up one). .5 PPR. I had the 9th pick. 

QB: Joe Burrow (6)
WR: CeeDee Lamb (k-5)
WR: Michael Pittman (k-8)
RB: Saquan Barkley (1)
RB: Zeke Elliot (2)
TE: Darren Waller (4)
Flex: Jaylen Waddle (3)
K: Dunstin Hopkins (16)
DEF: **empty (will make move before week 1)

Bench:
RB Miles Sanders (7)
RB Kenneth Walker (9)
WR Chris Olave (10)
WR Marquez Valdez-Scantling (11)
TE Robert Tonyan (12)
WR Rondale Moore (13)
RB JD McKissick (14)
QB Deshaun Watson (15)

Thoughts/opinions? I'll be honest I'm not excited about this team. I did receive a "A" from Yahoo, FWIW. 

Cant go wrong wit Joey B great QB in an offense thatll score a ton of points

Dont love Pittman this year but for a 8th round keeper thats exceptional value considering where hes going this year. Same thought process with CeeDee except Im a fan of CeeDee in that Dallas offense

RBs are meh, personally Im not high on Zeke at all this year as I think he might be OTH, Kinda funny because Im in on King Henry and hes a year older but King Henry is a freak and the exception if there ever was going to be one (I also agree with  @Dr LBC take he mentioned a post or 2 above), I like Barkley this year (I liked him last year as well but he got hurt again) I think Daboll can do big things for him, Miles Sanders Ive never been a fan of and I dont think I will ever own him in the draft, Im fine if I miss the boat on him, Kenneth Walker can be a good pick as Penny can never stay healthy along with a hopeful improved OL with the investments they made this year and last years 3rd round pick in Damien Lewis.

Waller you cant go wrong with. You can see some of your lack of depth with taking him in the 4th but it also doesnt paint the entire picture considering its a keeper league, so he may of been the obvious choice. Tonyan is a good backup TE and wouldnt be surprised at all If he finishes in the top 8 at TE

I like Olave as he seems pretty silky smooth along with Michael Thomas recent injury history he could easily slide into the #1 as I dont think Juice Landry would If he got hurt, MVS is a good boom or bust type of WR3 that could thrive in the KC offense with Patrick Mahomes throwing him the rock. (guess you could say the same thing about GB and Rodgers but maybe a change of scenery will do him well) I dont know what to think with Waddle this year with Tyreek being there I guess thats why Im fading him this year just an unknown for me, I could easily see him over or under producing at his ADP, Rondale Moore I dont have much of an opinion on. No no Watson is the obvious choice of who to drop for a D/ST

I wasnt going to rate any more teams this year as most people dont really know how this thread works but I saw you give an opinion on someone elses draft before re posting and your post above made me laugh out loud, so thanks for that lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Cant go wrong wit Joey B great QB in an offense thatll score a ton of points

Dont love Pittman this year but for a 8th round keeper thats exceptional value considering where hes going this year. Same thought process with CeeDee except Im a fan of CeeDee in that Dallas offense

RBs are meh, personally Im not high on Zeke at all this year as I think he might be OTH, Kinda funny because Im in on King Henry and hes a year older but King Henry is a freak and the exception if there ever was going to be one (I also agree with  @Dr LBC take he mentioned a post or 2 above), I like Barkley this year (I liked him last year as well but he got hurt again) I think Daboll can do big things for him, Miles Sanders Ive never been a fan of and I dont think I will ever own him in the draft, Im fine if I miss the boat on him, Kenneth Walker can be a good pick as Penny can never stay healthy along with a hopeful improved OL with the investments they made this year and last years 3rd round pick in Damien Lewis.

Waller you cant go wrong with. You can see some of your lack of depth with taking him in the 4th but it also doesnt paint the entire picture considering its a keeper league, so he may of been the obvious choice. Tonyan is a good backup TE and wouldnt be surprised at all If he finishes in the top 8 at TE

I like Olave as he seems pretty silky smooth along with Michael Thomas recent injury history he could easily slide into the #1 as I dont think Juice Landry would If he got hurt, MVS is a good boom or bust type of WR3 that could thrive in the KC offense with Patrick Mahomes throwing him the rock. (guess you could say the same thing about GB and Rodgers but maybe a change of scenery will do him well) I dont know what to think with Waddle this year with Tyreek being there I guess thats why Im fading him this year just an unknown for me, I could easily see him over or under producing at his ADP, Rondale Moore I dont have much of an opinion on. No no Watson is the obvious choice of who to drop for a D/ST

I wasnt going to rate any more teams this year as most people dont really know how this thread works but I saw you give an opinion on someone elses draft before re posting and your post above made me laugh out loud, so thanks for that lol

HAHA - I appreciate the opinions! Makes me feel a little bit better. The draft didnt fall like I wanted it to. With Zeke, Im just hoping for last years production, at the turn with the players who were kept. I had the choice of Zeke, Dobbins or Breece Hall. I went for the known v the unknown. Maybe I'll learn to love this little rascal as my own someday ... we'll see ween 5. 😄

1 minute ago, Tommy_C said:

HAHA - I appreciate the opinions! Makes me feel a little bit better. The draft didnt fall like I wanted it to. With Zeke, Im just hoping for last years production, at the turn with the players who were kept. I had the choice of Zeke, Dobbins or Breece Hall. I went for the known v the unknown. Maybe I'll learn to love this little rascal as my own someday ... we'll see ween 5. 😄

I guess In that case I would of gone with the home run potential in Breece Hall but Zeke does give you a pretty decent floor every week. Where Breece I could see him having a lot of ups and downs. Im also not too bullish on Breece this year as well like @Forgementioned and I usually love my rookie RBs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Just finished a 12 team PPR draft from the 5 spot. Feeling quite meh about this squad

QB- Trey Lance

RB- Christian McCaffrey

RB- Travis Etienne

WR- Ceedee Lamb

WR- Courtland Sutton

WR- Devonta Smith

TE- Mark Andrews

Flex- AJ Dillon

Flex- Brandon Aiyuk

K- Jake Elliott

DEF- Browns

Bench RBs- Kenneth Walker, James Cook, Raheem Mostart 

Bench WR’s- Skyy Moore, Romeo Doubs, Jahan Dotson, Josh Palmer.

I like my starters ok but my bench feels pretty gross and too many rookies 

I like your squad, but it's full of high ceiling lower floor guys. Lance might be a Top 5 guy... or not. McCaffrey if he stays injury free is Top 2. Bench same - Boom/Bust. I'm not high on Etienne but I think you did well.

I posted a while back but it got lost and nobody responded.  Thoughts on this team?

12 Team, .5 PPR, 6 pt passing TDs. Auction league

QB - Kirk Cousins
RB - Saquan Barkley
RB - Breece Hall
WR - DJ Moore
WR - Hollywood Brown
TE - Travis Kelce
Flex - Mark Andrews
DL - Aaron Donald
LB - Fred Warner
LB - Isaiah Simmons
DB - Mincah Fitzpatrick

Bench:
QB - Tua 
RB - Kareem Hunt
RB - James Cook
RB - Kenneth Walker
WR - Drake London
WR - Darrell Mooney
WR - Brandon Ayuik
WR - Jameson Williams IR
TE - Albert O

I didnt get the elite talent I wanted at WR/RB because I got screwed trying to bid up Mark Andrews.  I already had Kelce but figured what he was at I had to bid him up and then I got him relatively cheap.  Mt WR's at the top took the biggest hit from that but I do think I have great depth at WR and RB so hopefully a couple of them outplay their expectations.  Moore should if he gets in the endzone at all.  I forgot there were position limits (5 RB and 6 WR) so I missed out on a couple WRs I wanted because I got Jameson early. 

If I look at it by round in a redraft league based on ADP, I have a late first in Kelce, second in Barkley, early Third in Mark Andrews, 2 fourths with Moore and Hall, a fifth in Hollywood, sixth with Mooney, 7th for Hunt, three 8ths in Walker/Ayuik/London, a 9th with Cook, 10th for Cousins, the rest are later picks but still good value for Tua, Albert, and Jameo.  So even though I didn't get the elite WRs or RBs, it would be a really solid team depth wise in a regular draft. 

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I posted a while back but it got lost and nobody responded.  Thoughts on this team?

QB - Kirk Cousins
RB - Saquan Barkley
RB - Breece Hall
WR - DJ Moore
WR - Hollywood Brown
TE - Travis Kelce
Flex - Mark Andrews
DL - Aaron Donald
LB - Fred Warner
LB - Isaiah Simmons
DB - Mincah Fitzpatrick

Bench:
QB - Tua 
RB - Kareem Hunt
RB - James Cook
RB - Kenneth Walker
WR - Drake London
WR - Darrell Mooney
WR - Brandon Ayuik
WR - Jameson Williams IR
TE - Albert O

I didnt get the elite talent I wanted at WR/RB because I got screwed trying to bid up Mark Andrews.  I already had Kelce but figured what he was at I had to bid him up and then I got him relatively cheap.  Mt WR's at the top took the biggest hit from that but I do think I have great depth at WR and RB so hopefully a couple of them outplay their expectations.  Moore should if he gets in the endzone at all.  I forgot there were position limits (5 RB and 6 WR) so I missed out on a couple WRs I wanted because I got Jameson early. 

If I look at it by round in a redraft league based on ADP, I have a late first in Kelce, second in Barkley, early Third in Mark Andrews, 2 fourths with Moore and Hall, a fifth in Hollywood, sixth with Mooney, 7th for Hunt, three 8ths in Walker/Ayuik/London, a 9th with Cook, 10th for Cousins, the rest are later picks but still good value for Tua, Albert, and Jameo.  So even though I didn't get the elite WRs or RBs, it would be a really solid team depth wise in a regular draft. 

I've mentioned it before, but I'm pretty much a hard pass on Breece for where he gets drafted (or what he costs in auction). I think non first round pick running backs are typically massively overrated at draft time and usually don't come on until later in the season when you can get them for much cheaper in trade (or perhaps even on the waiver wire).  In general, I think you are too rookie heavy on the running back market, especially when Barkley (who I love and have made it a point to own as many shares as possible of this year) does carry some risk of his own. 

Andrews will be fine, but he's on my list of guys who I will have very limited shares of this year. HIs projection is massively skewed by a 5 game sample last year with a back up QB. His numbers with Huntley are nearly twice as high as they are with Jackson over the years. Obviously you have Kelce too, so if things go right, I Think that you can have a pretty nice trade chip later in the season if you want, though I'd try to move him sooner. Andrews mostly just doesn't have efficient value, especially in this set up as a flex imo. If I had to guess, I'd say that Mooney and Andrews would be comparable flex players this year and I have to imagine that you paid significantly less for Mooney than you did Andrews. 

DJ Moore is one of the safest receivers you can get and I like him pretty much every year as a value because I'm convinced that at some point he's going to have a 9 TD season that basically catapults him into WR1 status lol. But every year I love him as a selection. 

Also, in general, I love Kirk Cousins in fantasy. There isn't a more underrated player at the position. He's basically a QB1 every year (or a high end QB2), gets way overlooked, and he plays every game. His value for what it costs to acquire him is always top notch. 

I'd really like if you can move Andrews for a good running back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

QB - Kirk Cousins
RB - Saquan Barkley
RB - Breece Hall
WR - DJ Moore
WR - Hollywood Brown
TE - Travis Kelce
Flex - Mark Andrews
DL - Aaron Donald
LB - Fred Warner
LB - Isaiah Simmons
DB - Mincah Fitzpatrick

Bench:
QB - Tua 
RB - Kareem Hunt
RB - James Cook
RB - Kenneth Walker
WR - Drake London
WR - Darrell Mooney
WR - Brandon Ayuik
WR - Jameson Williams IR
TE - Albert O

I honestly like it. QB is kinda Meh - but Kirk should see an uptick with Kevin O'Connell as the HC. I love Barkley, Hall is a up/down but you have Kareem who has a low ceiling but a solid floor. James Cook might surprise some people this year, Kenny Walker could be the RB1 by mid season depending on if Penny  gets hurt or not but that offense is water trash. I dont love your WRs, but you have some solid depth, Ayuik might outscore Deebo since Ayuik and Lance have formed a good connection, by reports. Obv TE is the best position and youll be head and shoulders above everyone else in your league. Plus you have a flex who can easily score 15-18 points a game consistently. Its different but I like it. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've mentioned it before, but I'm pretty much a hard pass on Breece for where he gets drafted (or what he costs in auction). I think non first round pick running backs are typically massively overrated at draft time and usually don't come on until later in the season when you can get them for much cheaper in trade (or perhaps even on the waiver wire).  In general, I think you are too rookie heavy on the running back market, especially when Barkley (who I love and have made it a point to own as many shares as possible of this year) does carry some risk of his own. 

Andrews will be fine, but he's on my list of guys who I will have very limited shares of this year. HIs projection is massively skewed by a 5 game sample last year with a back up QB. His numbers with Huntley are nearly twice as high as they are with Jackson over the years. Obviously you have Kelce too, so if things go right, I Think that you can have a pretty nice trade chip later in the season if you want, though I'd try to move him sooner. Andrews mostly just doesn't have efficient value, especially in this set up as a flex imo. If I had to guess, I'd say that Mooney and Andrews would be comparable flex players this year and I have to imagine that you paid significantly less for Mooney than you did Andrews. 

DJ Moore is one of the safest receivers you can get and I like him pretty much every year as a value because I'm convinced that at some point he's going to have a 9 TD season that basically catapults him into WR1 status lol. But every year I love him as a selection. 

Also, in general, I love Kirk Cousins in fantasy. There isn't a more underrated player at the position. He's basically a QB1 every year (or a high end QB2), gets way overlooked, and he plays every game. His value for what it costs to acquire him is always top notch. 

I'd really like if you can move Andrews for a good running back. 

I actually agreed with all of these points but for the values, I couldn't pass them up.  I do wish I would have got Javonte Williams instead Barkley for the same price.  All of the first round regular draft players went for close to or over 60.  I got Kelce for 46.  Andrews I got for 35 and that was my last bid just to bid him up but similarly ranked RBs and WRs went for low 40s other than Ceedee Lamb who I should have got who went cheap.    

Breece Hall I got for 19 which I found to be quite reasonable. That was RB22 in terms of cost.  He is ADP RB19 so gained some value.  

I do agree my dynasty drafts tend to be an issue for me but also I hate drafting guys like the GB WRs because they have been average forever.  I feel like upside is better later in drafts and there was more upside in the rookies than most others.  I did grab Hunt later because of this and tried for Miles Sanders as well but the only other guy with money left outbid me.  I dont like Sanders but he has a little more early season value.  

I would like to trade Andrews or Kelce for a better WR.  I would only trade Kelce for one of the top 4 or 5 WRs so will see how those guys are at TE.  I don't hate having a strong TE group but agree that Andrews has disappointment potential.  But Andrews dis screw up my bidding strategy as I would have grabbed Lamb and Diggs/Hill but likely would have had worse RB situation then. 

57 minutes ago, Tommy_C said:

I honestly like it. QB is kinda Meh - but Kirk should see an uptick with Kevin O'Connell as the HC. I love Barkley, Hall is a up/down but you have Kareem who has a low ceiling but a solid floor. James Cook might surprise some people this year, Kenny Walker could be the RB1 by mid season depending on if Penny  gets hurt or not but that offense is water trash. I dont love your WRs, but you have some solid depth, Ayuik might outscore Deebo since Ayuik and Lance have formed a good connection, by reports. Obv TE is the best position and youll be head and shoulders above everyone else in your league. Plus you have a flex who can easily score 15-18 points a game consistently. Its different but I like it. 

I did like my depth at WR.  Hate the top end but feel comfortable playing any of them week 1.  Its defintiely a different draft than usual for me.  Just need to hope Barkley stays healthy. 

Had my 2QB PPR league draft last night.  12 teams I had 3rd pick

QB: Jalen Hurts
QB: Kirk Cousins
RB: CMC
RB: Aaron Jones
WR: AJ Brown
WR: Allen Robinson
WR: Brandin Cooks
TE: Irv Smith
Flex: Antonio Gibson
BN: Darnell Mooney
BN: Mariota
BN: Ridder
BN: Alec Pierce
BN: George Pickens
BN: Rachaad White
BN: D'Onta Foreman

Was one pick away from having both Pickett and Ridder which I thought would be great trade bait once/if Mariota and Mitch get benched and that kinda threw me off a bit towards the end.  I think I have a solid QB duo, probably the best RB duo I could have asked for, and ended up with what I have as 3 top 20 WRs which is solid considering where I drafted them.  Bench is a little rough and I'm essentially punting week 7 (didn't realize that til after round 7), but overall I'm pretty happy. 

Edited by flyers0909