Rate my Draft Thread

EaglesPeteC

12 team half point PPR (11th pick)

QB- Kyler Murray

RB- Alvin Kamara

RB- Nick Chubb

WR- Michael Thomas

WR- Deandre Hopkins* (starter once back from suspension)

Flex- AJ Dillon

TE- Darren Waller

K- Will Lutz

Defense- Saints

Bench- Rashod Bateman

Bench- Kenneth Walker

Bench- Tyler Lockett

Bench- Kadarious Toney

Bench- Matthew Stafford 

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I hate trying to judge 8 team leagues because everyone has a stacked roster and given that, I dont love this.  Najee is one I dont love this year as he had high usage and bad YPC last year.  He ownt see as many touches so will need to improve his efficiency a lot and with a bad O line and bad QB, thats not easy.  I dont love Diggs that high either and Mclaurin as a WR2 in an 8 man doesn't excite me. It seems like a solid team with a lot of upside but would have to see the other teams to have a fair comparison.  

Appreciate your insight! Have to say I respectfully disagree with your opinions on Harris and Diggs, both are in position for huge years, this is a 1pt ppr and Harris will see a huge # of targets again. Diggs is the #1 option in what I think will be the best offense in the league. The other route I could have taken was Mixon and Adams, but I like my picks better. 

McLaurin was the best WR available with guys like JuJu, Michael Thomas and Dionte Johnson going after him. I think he's got an upgrade at QB in Washington too. If he starts off slow I have Metcalf, and my two big fantasy sleepers, Mooney and Bateman to plug in there.

It is tough to gauge an 8 man draft like you said, I feel pretty confident with my roster top to bottom. But we shall see how things unfold! 

On 9/4/2022 at 11:29 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

Last draft of the year. Did the Fantasy Footballers Megalabowl. That **** was hard. 

12 team half PPR from the 2 spot

QB- Mahomes

RB- McCaffrey/CEH

WR- Deebo/AJ Brown/Metcalf 

TE- Kmet

Flex- Pierce/Claypool

DEF- Eagles

Bench RB- Henderson/Hines/Mostart

Bench WR- Landry/Tolbert/Gage

I hate CEH as an RB2 given I feel like if he doesnt produce, they will finally move on from him and I am not sure he has it in him to produce.  I think Pierce will be your RB2, which isnt horrible but still an unknown.  The rest is very solid though.  Metcalf and Claypool are scary with iffy QB play but solid 3/4 WRs. Mix of upside/vet depth.  

1 hour ago, ReadyToThump said:

Appreciate your insight! Have to say I respectfully disagree with your opinions on Harris and Diggs, both are in position for huge years, this is a 1pt ppr and Harris will see a huge # of targets again. Diggs is the #1 option in what I think will be the best offense in the league. The other route I could have taken was Mixon and Adams, but I like my picks better. 

McLaurin was the best WR available with guys like JuJu, Michael Thomas and Dionte Johnson going after him. I think he's got an upgrade at QB in Washington too. If he starts off slow I have Metcalf, and my two big fantasy sleepers, Mooney and Bateman to plug in there.

It is tough to gauge an 8 man draft like you said, I feel pretty confident with my roster top to bottom. But we shall see how things unfold! 

it depends on who went ahead of you but I feel like a start of Harris and Diggs is a solid grab for someone drafting in the 10 spot of a 12 man league so in an 8, it seems underwhelming.  I am guessing the first 7 picks were some order of Taylor, CMC, Ekeler, Kupp, Jefferson, Chase and then either Cook or Henry.  If it was Henry I would have definitely went Cook there but understand Najee.  Harris is due for regression and they have openly stated they want him to get less touches to keep fresh.  I think he is a first round pick, but in an 8 team league, I am not as high on him.  I do think Mixon, Swift and Kamara score more in PPR leagues given Harris will get some reduction in touches and has new QBs that are likely going to be worse than the trash he had last year.

Diggs will get his, and is better than Adams situation wise but neither are exciting at 9 IMO.  I get it in a 1 point PPR though and don't hate it.  Again I would have went with Swift and Kamara (maybe Najee over one of them) and then turned at 24/25 with two of the best available WRs.  I would have stayed away from Andrews since you don't have to start a TE since I also think he is set up for regression if Jackson stays healthy and Dobbins gets healthy.  

As I said, you have a lot of big names, as all teams in an 8 man league should have and I just am not as high on some of these guys.  You went early on TE and QB and both of those positions are diminished in an 8 man league that doesnt start a TE.  I also would have went more high upside WRs later instead of loading up on lower end RBs like CEH and Gibson.  I dont mind one of them in an 8 man but two is overkill when you likely will be starting WRs in your flex and you have 4 solid RBs before that.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Non PPR. 5th overall pick

QB Dak Prescott

RB Austin Ekeler

RB Travis Etienne

WR Tyreek Hill

WR Tee Higgins

TE Mark Andrews

FLEX Gabe Davis 

K Tyler Bass

D Dallas

Bench Christian Kirk

Bench Michael Thomas

Bench Cole Kmet

Bench Nyheim Hines

Bench Cowboys

Bench Jameis Winston

Bench Rachaad White

You have a solid starting group but I don't like your depth.  RB is really shallow for you and if James Robinson comes back healthy early, you are struggling there.  I would probably have not drafted Kmet or Winston and went with RBs in those spots, or at least one RB and a WR.  I like Thomas as a 4th WR and I think Kirk has upside but I am still nervous about the Jacksonville offense until i see it work/produce.  

7 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

You have a solid starting group but I don't like your depth.  RB is really shallow for you and if James Robinson comes back healthy early, you are struggling there.  I would probably have not drafted Kmet or Winston and went with RBs in those spots, or at least one RB and a WR.  I like Thomas as a 4th WR and I think Kirk has upside but I am still nervous about the Jacksonville offense until i see it work/produce.  

I will be eyeballing waivers / other teams via trade for a RB early. I really need to. The Kmet thing was interesting. Mostly because there was a run on TEs and three teams had not even drafted ONE yet. I was just trying to further screw them over tbh, while maybe having a trade chip for later. 

Jameis is what it is. Wanted a decent backup QB and they were falling fast. 

I 100% admit I screwed up at RB though. I have time to fix though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

it depends on who went ahead of you but I feel like a start of Harris and Diggs is a solid grab for someone drafting in the 10 spot of a 12 man league so in an 8, it seems underwhelming.  I am guessing the first 7 picks were some order of Taylor, CMC, Ekeler, Kupp, Jefferson, Chase and then either Cook or Henry.  If it was Henry I would have definitely went Cook there but understand Najee.  Harris is due for regression and they have openly stated they want him to get less touches to keep fresh.  I think he is a first round pick, but in an 8 team league, I am not as high on him.  I do think Mixon, Swift and Kamara score more in PPR leagues given Harris will get some reduction in touches and has new QBs that are likely going to be worse than the trash he had last year.

Diggs will get his, and is better than Adams situation wise but neither are exciting at 9 IMO.  I get it in a 1 point PPR though and don't hate it.  Again I would have went with Swift and Kamara (maybe Najee over one of them) and then turned at 24/25 with two of the best available WRs.  I would have stayed away from Andrews since you don't have to start a TE since I also think he is set up for regression if Jackson stays healthy and Dobbins gets healthy.  

As I said, you have a lot of big names, as all teams in an 8 man league should have and I just am not as high on some of these guys.  You went early on TE and QB and both of those positions are diminished in an 8 man league that doesnt start a TE.  I also would have went more high upside WRs later instead of loading up on lower end RBs like CEH and Gibson.  I dont mind one of them in an 8 man but two is overkill when you likely will be starting WRs in your flex and you have 4 solid RBs before that.  

Once again, appreciate your input. It's always helpful hearing from a different point of view! 

My league does have a TE only slot and a RB/WR/TE FLEX spot aswell.

I did take Andrews over guys like Michael Pittman and Tee Higgins, my mindset at the time was; I'd rather have an elite TE than a WR3. I can definitely see where one may question that pick.

I also think I'll be able to trade a guy like CEH or Montgomery for a solid WR, if injuries start piling up. 

Rashod Bateman at 72 and Mooney at 88 were my later round high upside guys. Mooney may be a top 12 WR given all the targets he'll get. 

With that said, who do you like @WR3 for me? Metcalf @ Denver, Bateman @ Jets or Mooney @ 9ers? So far have Bateman penciled in due to match-up. 

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

QB- Kyler Murray

RB- Alvin Kamara

RB- Nick Chubb

WR- Michael Thomas

Flex- AJ Dillon

TE- Darren Waller

K- Will Lutz

Defense- Saints

Bench- Rashod Bateman

Bench- Kenneth Walker

Bench- Tyler Lockett

Bench- Kadarious Toney

Bench- Matthew Stafford 

You took on a lot of risk in your starting lineup with Kamara, Thomas, Hopkins, and Waller. I'm assuming you went Waller/Dillon at the 3/4 turn and Bateman/Thomas with your 4/5 turn? I don't love your 3/4 turn, not a Dillon fan or a Waller in round 3 fan, but I like your 4/5 turn. I really like Lockett as a later round player. I don't think Smith can sustain both Metcalf and Lockett week-to-week, but I think they will alternate productive weeks.

My team. 12-team .5 PPR pick 4.

QB: Carr, Rd. 13

RB: D. Cook, Rd. 1

RB: Chubb, Rd. 2

WR: M. Williams, Rd. 3

WR: McLaurin, Rd. 5

TE: Kittle, Rd. 4

FX: Rashaad Penny, Rd. 6

FX: Hunter Renfrow, Rd. 7

BN: Tyler Lockett, Rd. 8

BN: J. Cook, Rd. 9

BN: Olave, Rd. 10

BN: K. Herbert, Rd. 11

BN: Dotson (dropped for Eno Benjamin)

48 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Once again, appreciate your input. It's always helpful hearing from a different point of view! 

My league does have a TE only slot and a RB/WR/TE FLEX spot aswell.

I did take Andrews over guys like Michael Pittman and Tee Higgins, my mindset at the time was; I'd rather have an elite TE than a WR3. I can definitely see where one may question that pick.

I also think I'll be able to trade a guy like CEH or Montgomery for a solid WR, if injuries start piling up. 

Rashod Bateman at 72 and Mooney at 88 were my later round high upside guys. Mooney may be a top 12 WR given all the targets he'll get. 

With that said, who do you like @WR3 for me? Metcalf @ Denver, Bateman @ Jets or Mooney @ 9ers? So far have Bateman penciled in due to match-up. 

Having a TE slot makes a big difference on Andrews.  I didn't see it in your description of the league so assumed it wasn't required.  I still think he slides as his production came without Jackson last year but he should still be good, although could have grabbed Kittle/Pitts/Waller likely 3 rounds later in a 8 man.  But I can see why you went Andrews but Pittman may have been my choice there.  

As for who to start, they all have +/-.  DK has the worst QB but is the most established.  Mooney has target share with Fields but they face the best D.  I would lean Bateman just because he has the best QB situation at this point and the Jets are the easiest matchup.  

• Like 1

Standard League.. 12 teams, pick 6, I am very happy with this team

QB: Joey B

RB: Ekeler

RB: D. Swift

WR: Davonte Adams

WR: Adam Thielan

WR: Jaylen Waddle

TE: Pitts

Defense: Bills

K: Tyler Bass

Reserves:

RB: Burkhead

RB: Tony Pollard

WR: Marvin Jones

WR: Tyler Lockett

WR:  Sammy Watkins

TE: Mike Gesicki

QB: Matthew Stafford

Edited by fluhartz

Last and final draft of the year 12 man, PPR, picked in the 11th spot. As always the number in the ( ) is the round I snagged them in

QB L. Jackson (6)

RBs Kamara (2), Akers (3), J. Cook (9), Hines (10), B. Robinson (11), J. Warren (15), Damien Williams (14), McKinnon (18)

WRs Adams (1), Sutton (4), M. Thomas (5), Cooper (7), Gallup (12), R. Anderson (13)

TE Goedert (8)

K Carlson (14)

D/ST Philly  (17)

Thoughts?

9 hours ago, tyler735 said:

QB- Kyler Murray

RB- Alvin Kamara

RB- Nick Chubb

WR- Michael Thomas

Flex- AJ Dillon

TE- Darren Waller

K- Will Lutz

Defense- Saints

Bench- Rashod Bateman

Bench- Kenneth Walker

Bench- Tyler Lockett

Bench- Kadarious Toney

Bench- Matthew Stafford 

The receivers are certainly a risk. I don't have a lot of faith in Thomas, and I only have so much faith in Hopkins, though I like him as a WR2 just fine. Everything else is fine positionally, though I see no reason to go Kyler and then Stafford unless you're just really worried about the injury bug. 

As an aside, don't love Dillon as a flex play in terms of week to week lineup. I'd probably replace him with Bateman. 

20 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

PPR 10 team

QB- Dak
RB- Najee
RB- Sanders
WR- Chase
WR- Deebo
Flex- Metcalf 
TE- Andrews
D/ST- Indy
K- Succop

Bench
RB- Hall
RB- Pierce
WR- Hopkins
WR- MT
WR- Burks 
RB- Pacheco 
RB- White

Two rookie late round fliers at RB because we get to keep one player from our bottom 8 picks. 

You took so many people I'm out on lol 

Your team will either be fantastic, or awful because of that. No in between 

• Like 1