Rate my Draft Thread

EaglesPeteC

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

The receivers are certainly a risk. I don't have a lot of faith in Thomas, and I only have so much faith in Hopkins, though I like him as a WR2 just fine. Everything else is fine positionally, though I see no reason to go Kyler and then Stafford unless you're just really worried about the injury bug. 

As an aside, don't love Dillon as a flex play in terms of week to week lineup. I'd probably replace him with Bateman. 

The massive Saints homer is going to get crushed. 

25 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Standard League.. 12 teams, pick 6, I am very happy with this team

QB: Joey B

RB: Ekeler

RB: D. Swift

WR: Davonte Adams

WR: Adam Thielan

WR: Jaylen Waddle

TE: Pitts

Defense: Bills

K: Tyler Bass

Reserves:

RB: Burkhead

RB: Tony Pollard

WR: Marvin Jones

WR: Tyler Lockett

WR:  Sammy Watkins

TE: Mike Gesicki

QB: Matthew Stafford

Was there a keeper or something? No idea how you ended up with Ekeler, Swift and Adams. That's an amazing start. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The massive Saints homer is going to get crushed. 

I almost commented on the number of Saints, but honestly that isn't a big deal. We know that Lutz, Kamara and Thomas can profitably co-exist as big time producers if the team is good enough. I assume that defense will likely fluctuate month to month. 

I have to imagine that the Thomas selection was a reach though looking at the roster. That's not ideal. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Was there a keeper or something? No idea how you ended up with Ekeler, Swift and Adams. That's an amazing start. 

Must of been a super casual league where Swift fell to the third. Pretty high on Swift this year with a very high ownership share. 

Just now, Forge said:

I almost commented on the number of Saints, but honestly that isn't a big deal. We know that Lutz, Kamara and Thomas can profitably co-exist as big time producers if the team is good enough. I assume that defense will likely fluctuate month to month. 

I have to imagine that the Thomas selection was a reach though looking at the roster. That's not ideal. 

He’s a huge Michael Thomas homer. The forum’s Ace of Michael Thomas. 

I don’t trust Thomas at all. WR version of Trent Brown who is just out to get paid. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

no keeper.. just worked out really well. again, I am super pumped about this team... Rated A+ by CBS, so thats ok.. lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

The receivers are certainly a risk. I don't have a lot of faith in Thomas, and I only have so much faith in Hopkins, though I like him as a WR2 just fine. Everything else is fine positionally, though I see no reason to go Kyler and then Stafford unless you're just really worried about the injury bug. 

As an aside, don't love Dillon as a flex play in terms of week to week lineup. I'd probably replace him with Bateman. 

Yeah there’s definitely some risk with the WR’s, I am certainly more optimistic on Thomas than most others this season, so only time will tell if that gamble will pay off. Hopkins is a tough one for me because he played injured much of last year and is still only 30 years old. I feel like there’s potential for him to have a couple more high level seasons before falling off, but obviously could backfire as well. Hoping he can worst case be a solid #2. Stafford was available at the end of the draft and there was a pretty substantial dip in quality from him to the next QB available. I love Murray for fantasy purposes but also have concerns about him getting hurt with his style of play. Plugging in Stafford I felt would allow me to remain competitive if Murray gets hurt.

The Dillon pick might not come to fruition like I hope, but as of now he’s one of my favorite sleepers going into the year. It seemed like he was getting more heavily involved in the 2nd half of the year last season. From November until the end of the season he had more touches than Aaron Jones. AJ Dillon played 9 games in that span and had 15+ touches in 6 of those games (10+ touches in 8 of those 9 games). He also had 6 touchdowns in that stretch of games. During that same stretch from November until the end of the season Aaron Jones played in 7 games. He has 15+ touches in 2 of those 7 games (10+ touches in 6 of those 7 games).

Fast forward to this season, the Packers have lost Davante Adams and MVS, which accounted for a combined 224 targets last season. I think it’s safe to say there is a good chance the Packers are going to rely more heavily on AJ Dillon and Aaron Jones this season. The loss of Adams also means a ton of red zone/goal line chances will go elsewhere this season. I like AJ Dillion’s odds to pick up on some of those extra opportunities this season. I’d also mention even before losing Adams and MVS this year, Dillon still had 34 catches last year. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him improve a bit on that this season, so he does provide some in the receiving game as well even if he isn’t on Aaron Jones’s level in that regard.

The other aspect of AJ Dillon that intrigues me is he is a physical 250lb RB playing in probably the coldest weather stadium in the league. It seems that the Packers may have taken a page out of the Derrick Henry playbook, as trying to tackle these massive bruising RB’s in late season cold weather games is less than ideal for opposing defenses. Judging by his usage down the stretch last season, it seems to be a part of the Packers plan as well, which more importantly also coincides with the most crucial weeks of fantasy football.

Edited by tyler735

14 team with 10 keepers.  2x defending champ!!!!! Looking for 3 in a row.   0.5 PPR with starters QB, 2 RB, 2WR, TE, 3 flex

Here is my team, where would you look to improve.  Main starting core in bold with the players in italics as my fillers

QB:  Wilson
RB:  Swift, Conner, Carter, Penny, Jamaal Williams, Darrel Williams, Rachaad White, Pierre Strong, Jerome Ford
WR:  Adams, Higgins, Woods, Chark, Dotson, Alec Pierce, Green, Marvin Jones
TE:  Kittle, Jordan

This past offseason I made the following trade

Trade 1:  Ekeler + 2022 4th (4.14) for Swift and 2022 2nd (2.07 .. became Alec Pierce)

Trade 2:  Lamb + 2023 3rd for Higgins + 2022 1st (1.13... became Dotson) + 2023 2nd

It was tough to give up Lamb, but felt that Higgins + 1.13 and a round up in 2023 was worth it

#################

I'd really like to grab another higher end RB.  Feel like Conner/Carter/Penny are ripe for later season let downs.  

Couple RB trade targets:  Edmonds, Henry, Elliott, Etienne, Mitchell

Need to see how those players teams do the first few weeks of the season and hope 1-2 of them are facing a losing season and are in selling mode.  

Open to thoughts on things!!!! 

Thanks in advance

15 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

10 team, 0.5 PPR, picked #3:

QB: Burrow, Dak

RB: CMC, Chubb, Aaron Jones, Hunt, James Robinson

WR: McLaurin, Metcalf, Hopkins, Aiyuk, Olave

TE: Kittle

D: Colts

K: Butker

Love your QB options, but feel that in a 1 QB league, having 2 is overkill

Like your top 3 RB + Hunt as a handcuff/4th option.  Injury risk is there with CMC, but the upside is too good to pass up

I think you need an upgrade at WR.  Not loving the #1 option  you have with McLaurin, Metcalf.  Hopkins is out 6 weeks, so you are rolling with a possible rough patch with no high floor type player.  

I would really look to move Burrow/Dak to someone for an upgrade at WR.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Love your QB options, but feel that in a 1 QB league, having 2 is overkill

Like your top 3 RB + Hunt as a handcuff/4th option.  Injury risk is there with CMC, but the upside is too good to pass up

I think you need an upgrade at WR.  Not loving the #1 option  you have with McLaurin, Metcalf.  Hopkins is out 6 weeks, so you are rolling with a possible rough patch with no high floor type player.  

I would really look to move Burrow/Dak to someone for an upgrade at WR.  

To add to this.  I'd look to find a QB - WR/TE stack.

Move Dak +Hopkins  for Higgins + something 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Lol not sure what his problem is. Regardless as you mentioned it’s not like I took 4 offensive skill players that will fight for carries/targets each week. Thomas and Kamara have had excellent fantasy seasons in years past with each other (whether Thomas will be the Thomas of old I suppose is a separate argument though). I took him in Round 7, so not all that early in the draft.

I view a defense as a completely different entity from offense when it comes to fantasy as you aren’t worrying about any sort of target share. I feel like most in the football world are high on the Saints defense based off of recent performances the past couple years (top 5 last year) and adding a guy like the Honeybadger to the mix certainly seems to be an overall positive for a fantasy system that gives points to defenses for turnovers, fumbles, etc.

Will Lutz is an easy cut player if need be as kickers are easy to stream if needed. 

Edited by tyler735

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

10 team, 0.5 PPR, picked #3:

QB: Burrow, Dak

RB: CMC, Chubb, Aaron Jones, Hunt, James Robinson

WR: McLaurin, Metcalf, Hopkins, Aiyuk, Olave

TE: Kittle

D: Colts

K: Butker

Did you need to draft two QBs? I'd have probably continued with depth if not, but two good options regardless

Love the RB depth, you've got adequate cover if/when CMC goes down, but whilst he plays, there's a ton of points in that group. Generally feel Chubb is being under-drafted, even if .5 PPR.

I'm out on Metcalf and Hopkins, but Aiyuk is a nice pick up that late in the draft. McLaurin will rake in what he always does, and maybe even more this season.

• Like 1