Rate my Draft Thread

EaglesPeteC

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

14 team with 10 keepers.  2x defending champ!!!!! Looking for 3 in a row.   0.5 PPR with starters QB, 2 RB, 2WR, TE, 3 flex

Here is my team, where would you look to improve.  Main starting core in bold with the players in italics as my fillers

QB:  Wilson
RB:  Swift, Conner, Carter, Penny, Jamaal Williams, Darrel Williams, Rachaad White, Pierre Strong, Jerome Ford
WR:  Adams, Higgins, Woods, Chark, Dotson, Alec Pierce, Green, Marvin Jones
TE:  Kittle, Jordan

This past offseason I made the following trade

Trade 1:  Ekeler + 2022 4th (4.14) for Swift and 2022 2nd (2.07 .. became Alec Pierce)

Trade 2:  Lamb + 2023 3rd for Higgins + 2022 1st (1.13... became Dotson) + 2023 2nd

It was tough to give up Lamb, but felt that Higgins + 1.13 and a round up in 2023 was worth it

#################

I'd really like to grab another higher end RB.  Feel like Conner/Carter/Penny are ripe for later season let downs.  

Couple RB trade targets:  Edmonds, Henry, Elliott, Etienne, Mitchell

Need to see how those players teams do the first few weeks of the season and hope 1-2 of them are facing a losing season and are in selling mode.  

Open to thoughts on things!!!! 

Thanks in advance

I like your starters. Losing Lamb is tough especially given he's the clear cut viable option for Dak now - he may go off properly. Higgins is a good number 2, I won a league last year with him being very reliable down the stretch. Woods is being under-drafted, IMO, so that's a good one

I like your pass catching RB options on bench. As a Pats fan I do expect Strong to get a decent workload later in the season. You know how we lurrrve our snakey catching RBs. The WRs may dissapoint you, not sure how much a workload the likes of Jones and Green will have. I do like Pierce at this spot though. You'd think he's a good candidate for a surprising amount of looks, given the lack of overall options outside of Pittman there. Might be a sneaky flex option there.

Etienne would be on my radar.

Small full PPR 8 team league I've done with 7 close friends for years. I know 8 team leagues are usually looked down upon so I debated even posting this. The league manager has it set where we have an extremely large bench since there are only 8 of us.

My first 3 picks were CMC/Kelce/Barkley. My mindset was "either CMC and Barkley set the league on fire or they set my team on fire"

QB - Lamar Jackson

RB - Christian McCaffrey

RB - Saquon Barkley

WR - Terry McLaurin

WR - Courtland Sutton

TE - Travis Kelce

FLX - Robert Woods

DST - Broncos (weeks 1-2)

K - Brandon McManus

BE - Tom Brady

BE - AJ Dillion

BE - Tony Pollard

BE - Melvin Gordon III

RB - Isiah Pacheco

BE - Chris Godwin

BE - Michael Thomas

BE - Deandre Hopkins

BE - Brandon Aiyuk

BE - George Pickens

BE - Irv Smith Jr.

BE - Chargers (weeks 3-7)

Hoping that late season Godwin and Hopkins pay off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LieutenantGains said:

Small full PPR 8 team league I've done with 7 close friends for years. I know 8 team leagues are usually looked down upon so I debated even posting this. The league manager has it set where we have an extremely large bench since there are only 8 of us.

My first 3 picks were CMC/Kelce/Barkley. My mindset was "either CMC and Barkley set the league on fire or they set my team on fire"

QB - Lamar Jackson

RB - Christian McCaffrey

RB - Saquon Barkley

WR - Terry McLaurin

WR - Courtland Sutton

TE - Travis Kelce

FLX - Robert Woods

DST - Broncos (weeks 1-2)

K - Brandon McManus

BE - Tom Brady

BE - AJ Dillion

BE - Tony Pollard

BE - Melvin Gordon III

RB - Isiah Pacheco

BE - Chris Godwin

BE - Michael Thomas

BE - Deandre Hopkins

BE - Brandon Aiyuk

BE - George Pickens

BE - Irv Smith Jr.

BE - Chargers (weeks 3-7)

Hoping that late season Godwin and Hopkins pay off.

As you said, 8 teams is tough to judge because everyone has a stacked team.  I do like the upside of CMC and Barkley.  If both are healthy, you should have a leg up on the rest of the teams.  Taking Kelce hurts your WR1 but its a solid choice as I think he will benefit more this year with Hill gone than the WRs trying to replace Hill. Your WR depth is solid with which makes up for your starting WRs likely being weaker than the rest of the league.  If Thomas and Godwin get back to normal you will have fun playing matchups and likely guessing wrong some times on who to start.  Your RB depth is not great so if one or both of your starters is hurt, you will struggle some but should have WR depth to swap for another mid tier RB.  But in an 8 man league mid tier doesn't cut it usually.  Again have to see all of the teams but I think overall you have a pretty solid team. 

Had my last big money league draft last night, right during a birthday party so wasn't fully focused.  

Its a 16 team league and I got stuck with the 16th pick.  You can keep up to two players and lose the pick from the round drafted last year.  There were approximately 25 players kept so it bumps up draft position for many. I kept Deebo for a 6th and Dobbins for a 10th.  

The positions to start are QB, WR/RB, WR/RB, WR/TE, WR/TE, DEF/St, IDP, K.  Scoring is odd with a lean towards QB/WR with .5 PPR, .25 PP completion, 4 points per TD thrown, QB Bonuses for 300 yards (1), 400 yards (2), and 500 yards (4). WR/RB bonuses at 100 yards (3), 200 (5), and 250 (3).  Also, has 1 point bonuses for 40+ yard plays (run/pass/throw) and receiving first downs (.25 per). Bonuses stack. 

QB - Tom Brady
W/R - Deandre Swift
W/R - JK Dobbins
W/T - Travis Kelce
W/T - Deebo Samuel
IDP - TJ Watt
DEF - Eagles
K - Rodrigo Blankenship

Bench:
QB - Derrick Carr
RB - James Cook
WR - Hunter Renfrow
WR - Chase Claypool
WR - Wandale Robinson
WR - Calvin Ridley (Potential keeper for next year drafted in the 14th/final round)

Overall I had to reach on a couple players with the keepers taking a lot of talent in the 2nd-5th round range but I am happy with my team due to the keepers.  At the first turn I took Swift and Kelce.  I probably should have taken Tyreke Hill instead with his big play ability and bonuses but I think Kelce benefits from him leaving with more targets and the first down bonuses.  Kelce was 15th in scoring last year of all non QBs so figured it was worth the risk even if WR gives me more flexibility.  Swift I think has a big year running and catching so thought that was an easy pick based on who was left.  

Second turn I went with Brady and Renfrow (picks 45/46).  I know this is early but with QB binuses, a bunch went before this and Brady was the third highest scorer in the league last year behind Kupp and Allen.  The WR that went in the rounds after I selected Renfrow and before my next picks were Jeudy, Brandin Cooks, Thielen, Mooney, Michael Thomas, Devonte Smith, drake London, Amari Cooper.  I like Renfrow's 1st down perk and think he still has a big year this year.  He was a top 20 player last year and compared to the others left, I liked the upside. 

The next turn I went with Carr and then had a keeper for Deebo.  Again given the Qb perks I like to have two in this league as they go quick.  I probably should have waited but also forgot I lost one of these picks for a keeper.  The options which would have helped are Robert Woods, Aiyuk, Hunt, Gibson.  None break my heart missing on and I think Carr has a huge year too so at worst he or Brady will be trade bait. 

I panicked at the next turn as I wasn't paying close attention but grabbed the best WR left in Claypool and James Cook with his receiving upside.  I probably should have taken a chance on a rookie WR instead of Claypool as Wilson and Williamson were left.  Not too mad at the upside but I think Claypool loses share to Pickens who was long gone at this point and the others have keeper potential at this point if they hit. Olave, Burks, Moore, London, Pickens were all gone by these picks.    

Ridley I took in the last round as a potential keeper.  Also snagged Wandale hoping he could maybe be kept if I dont want to keep Deebo at a 4th next year.  I typically will start 4-6 different players through the year between the four spots so wasting a roster spot is ok for now and could be super helpful for next year. 

• Like 1

10 team PPR - 2 Keeper League (Player kept has round from last year go up 1. FA is a last round pick). 

QB - Russell Wilson DEN (7)
WR - Ja'Marr Chase CIN (k-10)
WR - Courtland Sutton DEN (3)
RB - Alvin Kamara NO (1)
RB - D'Andre Swift DET (2)
TE - Irv Smith (11)
W/R/T - Gabe Davis BUF (k-17)
W/R/T - Allen Robinson LAR (4)
K - Dustin Hopkins (FA)
DEF - New England (FA)

Bench:
WR Diontae Johnson PIT (5)
RB  Chase Edmonds MIA (6)
RB Rhamondre Stevenson NE (8)
RB Kareem Hunt CLE (9)
RB Rachaad White TB (12)
RB Jamaal Williams DET (13)
WR Treylon Burks TEN (14)
IR: WR Jameson Williams DET (15)
IR: RB Gus Edwards BAL (16)

I know I need TE help, but some of the teams doubled up on TE (NOT a TE premium league). I think Irv Smith could produce in that offesne and tbh I dont need him to be a top 4 TE ... just a TE1 

Thoughts? 

I thought I nailed it. D. Johnson in the 5th was someone I couldnt pass up. 

On 9/6/2022 at 11:27 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

10 team, 0.5 PPR, picked #3:

QB: Burrow, Dak

RB: CMC, Chubb, Aaron Jones, Hunt, James Robinson

WR: McLaurin, Metcalf, Hopkins, Aiyuk, Olave

TE: Kittle

D: Colts

K: Butker

Dont love the WRs tbh ... I do think Aiyuk will have a great year this year, I am high on him. Metcalf scares me becuase the QB play is so meh in seattle now. McLaurin is still a dog but Wentz... 

2 hours ago, Tommy_C said:

10 team PPR - 2 Keeper League (Player kept has round from last year go up 1. FA is a last round pick). 

QB - Russell Wilson DEN (7)
WR - Ja'Marr Chase CIN (k-10)
WR - Courtland Sutton DEN (3)
RB - Alvin Kamara NO (1)
RB - D'Andre Swift DET (2)
TE - Irv Smith (11)
W/R/T - Gabe Davis BUF (k-17)
W/R/T - Allen Robinson LAR (4)
K - Dustin Hopkins (FA)
DEF - New England (FA)

Bench:
WR Diontae Johnson PIT (5)
RB  Chase Edmonds MIA (6)
RB Rhamondre Stevenson NE (8)
RB Kareem Hunt CLE (9)
RB Rachaad White TB (12)
RB Jamaal Williams DET (13)
WR Treylon Burks TEN (14)
IR: WR Jameson Williams DET (15)
IR: RB Gus Edwards BAL (16)

I know I need TE help, but some of the teams doubled up on TE (NOT a TE premium league). I think Irv Smith could produce in that offense and tbh I dont need him to be a top 4 TE ... just a TE1 

Thoughts? 

I thought I nailed it. D. Johnson in the 5th was someone I couldnt pass up. 

Given your keepers, your team is pretty stacked.  To nitpick, I would say that your 9-12 were not my favorite.  I can understand Hunt at that point but your RBs were pretty deep already.  Not sure who was available at TE there but may have done that instead but also I dont hate Irv.  White is a decent upside pick and Williams is protection for Swift but I think I would have gone with another WR there or another QB like Carr/Tua/Fields etc that has upside in case Wilson isn't what we think he is in Denver.  I don't think its a big issue but enough to consider when being picky as I doubt unless injury, White or Williams will never start for you.  I do like the Jameson and Burks picks late as potential keepers but am guessing you will keep Chase and Davis again unless one of the rookies blows up.  

I think you can look to move a RB with Irv to maybe upgrade the TE spot but not sure its needed.  I also would potentially keep an eye on Likely at TE as an upside pickup as I think Baltimore will be a lot of two TE sets this year.  Not sure I would drop anyone yet for him but would consider dropping Jamaal Williams since even if Swift does get hurt, he will be in a time share with Reynolds and likely wont start over the other 4 RBs you have.  

• Like 1

12 team Full PPR, picking out of the 1.12 slot. 

Starters

QB - Aaron Rodgers

RB - Joe Mixon

RB - Saquan Barkley

WR - Michael Pittman

WR - Courtland Sutton

TE - Cole Kmet 

Flex - Gabe Davis

Flex - Michael Thomas

K - Ryan Succop 

DST - Denver Broncos

Bench

RB - Kareem Hunt

RB - Raheem Mostert

RB - Darrell Henderson 

WR - Robert Woods

WR - Sky Moore

IR - Jameson Williams 

Edited by NYRaider

In my main super flex league I ended up with (Full PPR, 10 man, 1.09 slot):

QB: Josh Allen | Justin Herbert | Ryan Tannehill

RB: Aaron Jones | Chase Edmonds | Raheem Mostert | Nyheim Hines

RB: Leonard Fournette | Rhamondre Stevenson | Devin Singletary 

WR: Courtland Sutton | Allen Robinson | Julio Jones

WR: Mike Williams | Darnell Mooney | Michael Gallup 

WR: Gabe Davis | Elijah Moore 

TE: Dawson Knox | Austin Hooper 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

12 team Full PPR, picking out of the 1.12 slot. 

Starters

QB - Aaron Rodgers

RB - Joe Mixon

RB - Saquan Barkley

WR - Michael Pittman

WR - Courtland Sutton

TE - Cole Kmet 

Flex - Gabe Davis

Flex - Michael Thomas

K - Ryan Succop 

DST - Denver Broncos

Bench

RB - Kareem Hunt

RB - Raheem Mostert

RB - Darrell Henderson 

WR - Robert Woods

WR - Sky Moore

IR - Jameson Williams 

Thoughts @BayRaider

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Thoughts @BayRaider

I mean I love the team except the Anti Barkley and Thomas stances I have. Your team will be fine even if Thomas busts though. But if Barkley busts, the team will be finished. You need Barkley to perform. 

I like Mixon this year. 

I like Rodgers this year, although don’t love him. 

Sutton and Pittman are two of my favorite WR’s this year and I own a massive share of both. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I mean I love the team except the Anti Barkley and Thomas stances I have. Your team will be fine even if Thomas busts though. But if Barkley busts, the team will be finished. You need Barkley to perform. 

I like Mixon this year. 

I like Rodgers this year, although don’t love him. 

Sutton and Pittman are two of my favorite WR’s this year and I own a massive share of both. 

I think even in the scenario that Barkley doesn't pan out I'd be able to find a solid RB2 between Henderson, Mostert, and Hunt.

On 9/7/2022 at 2:58 PM, jakez said:

10 team 0.5 ppr

QB - Brady

RB - Taylor

RB - Dobbins

WR - Deebo

WR - Evans

TE - Waller

Flex - Thielen

K - Folk

Def - Baltimore (planning on streaming)

bench

Juju

Hunt

Walker

London

Lockett

Hines

I’d aggressively be scouring benches and the waiver wire for another RB. Trade a WR if you needed.