Rate my Draft Thread

EaglesPeteC

12 Man league, Full PPR. Picked 9th.. ESPN app rated me the 2nd best team. I had myself anywhere from 3rd to 5th.

QB: Josh Allen
RB : Dalvin Cook, Bryce Hall, Travis Etienne, James Cook, A. Mattison, I Pacheco
WR: Deebo Samuel, T. McLaurin, M. Thomas, Allen Lazard, D, Parker, Romeo Doubs
TE: Dawson Knox
DEF: Bills
Kicker : D.Carlson 

Edited by GHARMON9

Just an FYI this thread works a lot better when you ask for an opinion about your team, you give yours about another persons team, otherwise this thread is just a bunch of people posting their teams asking for an opinion with only 1 or 2 people giving opinions.

I know Yahoo certainly isn't the end all be all, but they graded me as the worst draft in my league with a projected record of 1-13 lol. What am I missing? Full PPR, 12 team league, I picked #7. (No D or K in this league)

QB: Kyler Murray; Deshaun Watson (To IR, Murray's bye is week 13, allows me to keep his replacement sans roster spot)

RB: Derrick Henry; Alvin Kamara; JK Dobbins; Marlon Mack; Alexander Mattison

WR: Terry McLaurin; Darnell Mooney; Tyler Lockett; Devonta Smith; Nico Collins; Garrett Wilson; OBJ

TE: George Kittle 

2 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

12 Man league, Full PPR. Picked 9th.. ESPN app rated me the 2nd best team. I had myself anywhere from 3rd to 5th.

QB: Josh Allen
RB : Dalvin Cook, Bryce Hall, Travis Etienne, James Cook, A. Mattison, I Pacheco
WR: Deebo Samuel, T. McLaurin, M. Thomas, Allen Lazard, D, Parker, Romeo Doubs
TE: Dawson Knox
DEF: Bills
Kicker : D.Carlson 

The only concern I would have on your roster is that your stable of backs outside of Cook are young and unproven and all could be in committee's. They're all one injury away from being the lead dog unquestioned though. Allen, Cook, Samuel and McLaurin should carry you regardless, and if Thomas regains form, I could see this being a top 2 team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I know Yahoo certainly isn't the end all be all, but they graded me as the worst draft in my league with a projected record of 1-13 lol. What am I missing? Full PPR, 12 team league, I picked #7. (No D or K in this league)

QB: Kyler Murray; Deshaun Watson (To IR, Murray's bye is week 13, allows me to keep his replacement sans roster spot)

RB: Derrick Henry; Alvin Kamara; JK Dobbins; Marlon Mack; Alexander Mattison

WR: Terry McLaurin; Darnell Mooney; Tyler Lockett; Devonta Smith; Nico Collins; Garrett Wilson; OBJ

TE: George Kittle 

For a 12 team league, I think you've got yourself a pretty stong team and I like it a lot. You're a little lighter in the wr department as I'm not a fan of a few of those wrs, but you can't be stacked everywhere.  Only concern is some pretty significant risks in which there's a world where things go terribly south (I don't think it's likely though).

On paper you have a Strong QB

2 #1 RBs

a top 5 TE

and WRs that could prove to be values.

However the hypothetical disastrous season looks something like this:

QB: Kyler has a late season plunge for a 3rd year and Watson's time off is to much to overcome

RB: Henry's age and foot are legit problems, Kamara's legal stuff shows up and Dobbins never gets over his injury.  Mack and Mattison don't see the field as backups

WR: Wentz torpedoes McLaurin, Mooney can't overcome Bear's offensive struggles, Lockett has more bust than booms, Hurt's love for A.J. kills Smith's production, Nico=Texans, Wilson=Jets and OBJ is never signed

TE: Lance becomes a problem for his pass catchers.

Again, I don't think it's likely and I've drafted quite a few of your dudes but just want to point out the risks you took.  I'm pretty prone to taking risk and gambles myself as there's no prize for 2nd place, so I get it.

Edited by 101Raider
  • Like 2

12 team, 2QB league, 0.5 PPR, 4pt passing TD, 3 pt bonus for: 100 yds rushing and/or receiving and/or 300yds passing

QB: Jalen Hurts

QB: Kyler Murray

RB: Derrick Henry

RB: AJ Dillon

WR: Keenan Allen

WR: Gabriel Davis

TE: Njoku/H. Henry (have to drop one of them to pick up a kicker…)

Flex: Chase Edmonds

Bench

QB: Mariota

RB: K. Hunt, D. Pierce, J. Robinson

WR: D. Hopkins, C. Claypool

Edited by 101Raider

12 team, 2 keeper (whatever round they were drafted/kept last year goes up one). .5 PPR. I had the 9th pick. 

QB: Joe Burrow (6)
WR: CeeDee Lamb (k-5)
WR: Michael Pittman (k-8)
RB: Saquan Barkley (1)
RB: Zeke Elliot (2)
TE: Darren Waller (4)
Flex: Jaylen Waddle (3)
K: Dunstin Hopkins (16)
DEF: **empty (will make move before week 1)

Bench:
RB Miles Sanders (7)
RB Kenneth Walker (9)
WR Chris Olave (10)
WR Marquez Valdez-Scantling (11)
TE Robert Tonyan (12)
WR Rondale Moore (13)
RB JD McKissick (14)
QB Deshaun Watson (15)

Thoughts/opinions? I'll be honest I'm not excited about this team. I did receive a "A" from Yahoo, FWIW. 

Edited by Tommy_C

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

The only concern I would have on your roster is that your stable of backs outside of Cook are young and unproven and all could be in committee's. They're all one injury away from being the lead dog unquestioned though. Allen, Cook, Samuel and McLaurin should carry you regardless, and if Thomas regains form, I could see this being a top 2 team. 

I'm banking on my team to carry the young RBs till about half way thru to when they establish themselves.  I'm thinking of dropping the KC running back and picking up Tonyan or another TE like Hurst from CIN. 

Watson and Winston are both in Free agency for QBs.

I think Lazard will surprise some people too.

1 hour ago, 101Raider said:

12 team, 2QB league, 0.5 PPR, 4pt passing TD, 3 pt bonus for: 100 yds rushing and/or receiving and/or 300yds passing

QB: Jalen Hurts

QB: Kyler Murray

RB: Derrick Henry

RB: AJ Dillion

WR: Keenan Allen

WR: Gabriel Davis

TE: Njoku/H. Henry (have to drop one of them to pick up a kicker…)

Flex: Chase Edmonds

Bench

QB: Mariota

RB: K. Hunt, D. Pierce, J. Robinson

WR: D. Hopkins, C. Claypool

I like it. Good move going QBs with good rushing upside in a 4pt pass TD league. 
WRs are a little boring tbh but you know Keenan always puts up good numbers, but i like him better in a full PPR league. I'm high on Gabe too, once Hopkins comes back he'll add a good stack with Kyler. Good job. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tommy_C said:

I like it. Good move going QBs with good rushing upside in a 4pt pass TD league. 
WRs are a little boring tbh but you know Keenan always puts up good numbers, but i like him better in a full PPR league. I'm high on Gabe too, once Hopkins comes back he'll add a good stack with Kyler. Good job. 

Team slightly changed as I just sent K. Allen  and Hunt for D. Adams. Slight overpay IMO, but I was carrying a ton of RBs.

4 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Team slightly changed as I just sent K. Allen  and Hunt for D. Adams. Slight overpay IMO, but I was carrying a ton of RBs.

I think you completely won this trade.  Allen doesn't score TDs and Hunt is stuck in a situation he doesn't want to be in. 

• Like 1