Rate my Draft Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

10-team, 0.5 PPR. I had the 1st pick

QB: Hurts, Brady

WR: M. Williams, Sutton, G. Davis, London, Olave

RB: Taylor, Barkley, Dillon, Henderson, Gainwell

TE: Andrews

Yahoo gave me an A- and an 11-3 projected record, but I'm overly critical and I require further opinions lol

Even for a 10 team you nailed it. 2 Top-12 RBs, Top-2 TE, 2 Top-10 QBs, and say 3 Top-30 WRs

12 team PPR, had 10th pick

QB: Hurts
RB: Swift
RB: Conner
WR: Lamb
WR: Bateman
WR: Godwin
TE: Pitts
Flex: CEH

BN: Olave
BN: Hockenson
BN: Gainwell
BN: Jamaal Williams
BN: Nico Collins
BN: Alec Pierce
BN: Jameson Williams

By far the least amount of research I've done in a while and it probably shows in the mid rounds.  Really happy with Hurts/Swift/Conner/Lamb/Pitts but the rest is pretty meh.  Godwin really has to be healthy for this to work. 

Edited by flyers0909

12-team, Dynasty (8-keepers out of 13) Auction draft (1/2pt PPR)

QB: Aaron Rodgers (K)
RB: Alvin Kamara
RB: Cam Akers (K)
WR: Davante Adams (K)
WR: Ceedee Lamb (K)
TE: David Njoku
Flex: Travis Etienne (K)
D/ST: San Francisco (K)
K: Greg Joseph (Min)

Bench: Michael Thomas (k), Rashad Penny (k), Allen Lazard, Jameson Williams ($1 keeper value, IR eligible - we have 2 IR slots)

I started with a little less than half the normal budget after keepers.  Knew I had to come out hard early on a high-floor RB - and paid chalk for Kamara (he and C-Mac were only available because we used to be 14 teams but 2 guys didn't come back this year).  So, accepting I wasn't going to get McCaffrey with 2 teams starting the draft with no RB's at all, I was dead set on 1 of Kamara or Breece Hall (and lucked out because Breece was the 1st nominee out of the gate).  I tried hard but in vain for Dalton Schultz - I just happened to run up against the Dak owner who had almost 3x the budget remaining I did.

My only other main aims going into the draft I managed to satisfy.  I wanted to bide my time and wait till late goings to snag Jameson Williams for cheap and so I could IR stash him and basically get a free speculative pick for Week 1 off the WW.  And then I wanted to make sure I came out with Lazard in order to maintain the stack of Rodgers with his WR1 that I had from the previous season; Lazard isn't Davante, but with Rodgers as the QB he doesn't need to be Davante.  Honestly, I kept the Niners D/ST simply to avoid the headache of having to overpay for a defense in the auction format.  Njoku should be serviceable in a PPR format, especially with Jacoby as his QB (go back and look at Jack Doyle's spllts in Indy when Brissett was his QB, dude was a Top 5 fantasy TE when he wasn't injured).

8 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

12-team, Dynasty (8-keepers out of 13) Auction draft (1/2pt PPR)

QB: Aaron Rodgers (K)
RB: Alvin Kamara
RB: Cam Akers (K)
WR: Davante Adams (K)
WR: Ceedee Lamb (K)
TE: David Njoku
Flex: Travis Etienne (K)
D/ST: San Francisco (K)
K: Greg Joseph (Min)

Bench: Michael Thomas (k), Rashad Penny (k), Allen Lazard, Jameson Williams ($1 keeper value, IR eligible - we have 2 IR slots)

I started with a little less than half the normal budget after keepers.  Knew I had to come out hard early on a high-floor RB - and paid chalk for Kamara (he and C-Mac were only available because we used to be 14 teams but 2 guys didn't come back this year).  So, accepting I wasn't going to get McCaffrey with 2 teams starting the draft with no RB's at all, I was dead set on 1 of Kamara or Breece Hall (and lucked out because Breece was the 1st nominee out of the gate).  I tried hard but in vain for Dalton Schultz - I just happened to run up against the Dak owner who had almost 3x the budget remaining I did.

My only other main aims going into the draft I managed to satisfy.  I wanted to bide my time and wait till late goings to snag Jameson Williams for cheap and so I could IR stash him and basically get a free speculative pick for Week 1 off the WW.  And then I wanted to make sure I came out with Lazard in order to maintain the stack of Rodgers with his WR1 that I had from the previous season; Lazard isn't Davante, but with Rodgers as the QB he doesn't need to be Davante.  Honestly, I kept the Niners D/ST simply to avoid the headache of having to overpay for a defense in the auction format.  Njoku should be serviceable in a PPR format, especially with Jacoby as his QB (go back and look at Jack Doyle's spllts in Indy when Brissett was his QB, dude was a Top 5 fantasy TE when he wasn't injured).

Very strong team if you ask me for a 12 team league 

clear cut RB1 and a low end RB1/ high end RB2

2 clear cut #1 WRs

flex is meh but could easily get better with Thomas and Lazard on the bench

and a nice home run pick in Jameson Williams as a stash

And Ive been warming up onto Njoku lately and think he could be Jacobys safety blanket as you mentioned

13 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

12 team PPR, had 10th pick

QB: Hurts
RB: Swift
RB: Conner
WR: Lamb
WR: Bateman
WR: Godwin
TE: Pitts
Flex: CEH

BN: Hockenson
BN: Gainwell
BN: Jamaal Williams
BN: Jameson Williams

By far the least amount of research I've done in a while and it probably shows in the mid rounds.  Really happy with Hurts/Swift/Conner/Lamb/Pitts but the rest is pretty meh.  Godwin really has to be healthy for this to work. 

I dont know how I feel about this team so I will start out with your bench, Im personally not a fan of many players on it besides Olave, Hockenson and Jameson Williams but it will be awhile until he returns

I love Hurts, Swift, and Lamb and Pitts

Conner not a huge fan of at all but thats just me, Ive never been high on him but hesa your RB2 so it isnt terrible

Bateman I think could be sneaky good this year he was doing pretty well last year with Lamar before he got hurt iirc, I could see a lot of 8 receptions for 80 or so yards for Bateman with TD upside, Not bad for a WR2/3

And agreed with your take on Godwin, hes gotta hit if you this team to do something

CEH I honestly have no idea what to think, I was high on him last year and It didnt work out

I think you can see your lack of bench depth by taking both Pitts and Hockenson fairly early in the draft, Maybe try and trade Hockenson and someone else to a TE needy team for an upgrade at RB2 or flex?

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 1

Re posting from a few days ago. My first and probably only draft this year, I dont mind it at all really, went boom or bust pretty much this year

PPR, 10 man league drafting in the 5 spot, Number in the ( ) is the round I drafted them in

QB Kyler (8), Trey Lance (12)

RBs King Henry (1), Saquon B. (2), Cam Akers (3), Antonio Gibson (9), Michael Carter (10), Alex Mattison (15), Zamir White (18)

WRs Diontae Johnson (4), Allen Robinson (5), Michael Thomas (6), JuJu (7), DeVante Parker (11), Robby Anderson (16), Danny Gray (20)

TEs Irv Smith (13), Brevin Jordan (17)

K Robbie Gould (19) Yes we still use kickers

D/ST Saints

Overall It isnt bad, Kinda stinks I dont have a clear cut #1 WR but the sum of the parts aint too bad IMO a lot riding on both Barkley and King Henry but If they both hit Im looking pretty. Wanted Dalles Goedert around the 9th-11th rounds but someone took Hockenson and Dallas Goedert at the 8-9 turn so I waited longer than usual. Also thought Kyler in the 8th was really good value considering he was like a top 40 pick last year

Edited by mattyice0401

3 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Very strong team if you ask me for a 12 team league 

clear cut RB1 and a low end RB1/ high end RB2

2 clear cut #1 WRs

flex is meh but could easily get better with Thomas and Lazard on the bench

and a nice home run pick in Jameson Williams as a stash

And Ive been warming up onto Njoku lately and think he could be Jacobys safety blanket as you mentioned

I'm gonna need it in this league.  I won it last year, but too many owners in it don't understand the concept of price-enforcing in an auction draft.  So one team legit has Jefferson, Chase, Burrow, Pitts, and Swift as keepers.

13 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

12 team auction, half PPR

QB: Lawrence
WR: Deebo
WR: Diontae
RB: Barkley
RB: Kamara
TE: Irv Smith
Flex: Conner
BN: Dameon Pierce
BN: Fields
BN: Brevin Jordan

BN: Skyy Moore
IR: Jameson Williams

Solid team.  RBs are great being 4 deep there.  QB is scary IMO as both of those guys are being drafted with expectations of improvement but could end up being Danny Dimes.  WR depth is questionable but should be ok there.  Likely will have to play the waiver for another WR if someone breaks out early.  

12 Team, .5 PPR, 6 pt passing TDs. Auction league

QB - Kirk Cousins
RB - Saquan Barkley
RB - Breece Hall
WR - DJ Moore
WR - Hollywood Brown
TE - Travis Kelce
Flex - Mark Andrews
DL - Aaron Donald
LB - Fred Warner
LB - Isaiah Simmons
DB - Mincah Fitzpatrick

Bench:
QB - Tua 
RB - Kareem Hunt
RB - James Cook
RB - Kenneth Walker
WR - Drake London
WR - Darrell Mooney
WR - Brandon Ayuik
WR - Jameson Williams IR
TE - Albert O

I didnt get the elite talent I wanted at WR/RB because I got screwed trying to bid up Mark Andrews.  I already had Kelce but figured what he was at I had to bid him up and then I got him relatively cheap.  Mt WR's at the top took the biggest hit from that but I do think I have great depth at WR and RB so hopefully a couple of them outplay their expectations.  Moore should if he gets in the endzone at all.  I forgot there were position limits (5 RB and 6 WR) so I missed out on a couple WRs I wanted because I got Jameson early. 

If I look at it by round in a redraft league based on ADP, I have a late first in Kelce, second in Barkley, early Third in Mark Andrews, 2 fourths with Moore and Hall, a fifth in Hollywood, sixth with Mooney, 7th for Hunt, three 8ths in Walker/Ayuik/London, a 9th with Cook, 10th for Cousins, the rest are later picks but still good value for Tua, Albert, and Jameo.  So even though I didn't get the elite WRs or RBs, it would be a really solid team depth wise in a regular draft.  

On 8/30/2022 at 12:41 PM, Dr LBC said:

I'm gonna need it in this league.  I won it last year, but too many owners in it don't understand the concept of price-enforcing in an auction draft.  So one team legit has Jefferson, Chase, Burrow, Pitts, and Swift as keepers.

Can you explain how this works?

I've only done redrafts every year. Never keeper leagues or auctions.

4 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

Can you explain how this works?

I've only done redrafts every year. Never keeper leagues or auctions.

There are multiple types of dynasty formats.  The most common is one where you can keep a set amount of players (typically capped at 3) from your previous season's roster at a cost of forfeiting you pick this year corresponding to the pick that you drafted that player at the previous year (i.e. say you drafted Javonte Williams in the 5th round last year, you would be eligible to keep him on your roster this season at the cost of your 5th round pick this year.

My league does dynasty auction draft, wherein you can keep up to 8 players off your 13-man (technically 15 if you've used your 2 IR slots to their full extent) roster from one year to the next at the cost of whatever you paid in the past year's auction draft (or FAAB $ in free agency off the waiver wire) +$5; capped the Average Draft Price (or ESPN's suggested player value) - so basically, you have in worst case scenario right-of-first-refusal on paying chalk for the player.

It encourages people to not just cast aside stars because they're on season-long IR (unless they absolutely need the roster spot) even if they're not having the best of season, because someone else could just snag the guy inexpensively off the waiver wire, stick him in their IR, and have a really quality, cheap keeper the following year.

It also cut down on the length of our auction drafts, which in previous years before we went to dynasty (and were just operating on a 2 keeper system) were lasting 3+ hours as a 14-team league.

So basically, last year, as the startup year of the dynasty, the guy who ended up with most of those guys (he traded for 1 of them - either Burrow or Pitts, I believe) as keepers this year, won most of those guys in the auction, in large part because, especially last year when we had like 3-4/14 autodrafting (hence why we pared the league down this year), half our league still hasn't grasped the idea of price-enforcing (keeping the bid going up on a player even if he isn't a sure-fire target of yours, for the sake of not letting someone get him on the cheap, when everyone is operating with the same starting budget).

• Like 1

14 team work league
Full PPR
4 Point Pass TD
7th Pick
2 RB/2 WR/FLEX

Starters
QB 
Matthew Stafford
RB Nick Chubb
RB JK Dobbins
WR Ja'Marr Chase
WR CeeDee Lamb
TE Darren Waller
FLEX Antonio Gibson
DST Denver Broncos
Dustin Hopkins

Bench
QB Carson Wentz (probably drop him but want to see how week 1 goes)
RB Rashaad Penny, Zamir White
WR Skyy Moore, Robbie Anderson, Jameson Williams
TE Albert Okwuegbunam

My Take: 14 teams are hard to project but I can live with those starters for sure. Bench is nothing but wildcards but them's the breaks.