Rate my Draft Thread

EaglesPeteC

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Damn, I May just go RB / RB / RB. 

I feel like Taylor / Barkley / Aaron Jones is going to be sick in a PPR league. 

I don’t think Jones is falling to the 3rd…

If you want Robust RB (3 RB’s first 5 Rounds)?this year I like RB-RB and Breece Hall in the 5th. Can get some pretty quality WR’s in the 3rd/4th. Hall is still my pick for ROTY too, I don’t care what reports come out. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t think Jones is falling to the 3rd…

it's a super flex league. I've seeing him hover around 20-24 in a lot of standard leagues. I can count on a few QBs going before I come back to my second and third round picks. 

I'm thinking if things break right, I could get something like Taylor / Barkley / JOnes / Pitts / QB ? Kind of like it. Will require a little luck...but I like that start. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If you want Robust RB (3 RB’s first 5 Rounds)?this year I like RB-RB and Breece Hall in the 5th. Can get some pretty quality WR’s in the 3rd/4th. Hall is still my pick for ROTY too, I don’t care what reports come out. 

I almost never take rookie running backs. I think Carter gets a bigger share of that backfield than most project. In this league I tend to pounce on rookie running backs about halfway through the season when their owners are frustrated lol 

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

It has to be Taylor, right? CMC is super intriguing, but I think it has to be Taylor even though i expect pretty substantial TD regression given the amount of times he ran the ball inside the 10 

I would personally go CMC, but it depends how good your league is… if you think they are meh, maybe I go Taylor for the floor. If they are all good, you have to go CMC for the ceiling. Playing it safe against other sharp players is a failing strategy. 

As for the 24-25 turn, I would go RB and WR. Whoever falls between Aaron Jones (not likely), D’Andre Swift (realllllly not likely), Leonard Fournette (very possible), Javonte Williams (should be there. Swift would be my #1 choice, closely followed by Jones. 

WR, Mike Evans is a good pick in that range. But I may reach on Pittman Jr for the possible breakout campaign. Up to you and whatever you’re feeling. 

Idk what to think of my draft 

.5 ppr, 12 team, 4th pick (got henry)

QB: Kyler Murray

RB: Henry, Saquon Barkley, AJ Dillon, Darrell Henderson, Dontrell Hilliard (handcuff)

WR: Waddle, Michael Thomas, Rashod Bateman, Elijah Moore, George Pickens, DeVante Parker

TE: Kyle Pitts, David Njoku

D/ST: Browns

K: Jason Sanders

Honestly I went QB/TE early and neglected my WR position so i went crazy on the depth to overcompensate. I'm thinking if I should drop Njoku and go with either: Saquons backup, another WR on the waiver wire, a backup qb (kirk cousins)?

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I would personally go CMC, but it depends how good your league is… if you think they are meh, maybe I go Taylor for the floor. If they are all good, you have to go CMC for the ceiling. Playing it safe against other sharp players is a failing strategy. 

As for the 24-25 turn, I would go RB and WR. Whoever falls between Aaron Jones (not likely), D’Andre Swift (realllllly not likely), Leonard Fournette (very possible), Javonte Williams (should be there. Swift would be my #1 choice, closely followed by Jones. 

WR, Mike Evans is a good pick in that range. But I may reach on Pittman Jr for the possible breakout campaign. Up to you and whatever you’re feeling. 

I am underwhelmed by the prospect of Taylor, but I do have to believe that he's just a safer pick than CMC at this juncture. In this league, because of the pot, I tend to like to play it a little safer in the first round. 

The annoying part is that I don't like any of the receivers at the turn. Not that much, at least. I will see who is available. I'm just not ruling out RB / RB / RB if those three present themselves as options, tbh. 

3 minutes ago, CaribouLou said:

Idk what to think of my draft 

.5 ppr, 12 team, 4th pick (got henry)

QB: Kyler Murray

RB: Henry, Saquon Barkley, AJ Dillon, Darrell Henderson, Dontrell Hilliard (handcuff)

WR: Waddle, Michael Thomas, Rashod Bateman, Elijah Moore, George Pickens, DeVante Parker

TE: Kyle Pitts, David Njoku

D/ST: Browns

K: Jason Sanders

Honestly I went QB/TE early and neglected my WR position so i went crazy on the depth to overcompensate. I'm thinking if I should drop Njoku and go with either: Saquons backup, another WR on the waiver wire, a backup qb (kirk cousins)?

I don't love Henry at 4. I am legit worried this year. 

But I love Barkley as the RB2. I like him more in full ppr, but I think he's set for a good size season this year. I also like Dillon as an RB3. Not sure I love him as a flex play - strictly RB fill in. 

The receivers are a weakness, but also the easiest to address through waivers and trades if we are being honest. At least you have upside there. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I am underwhelmed by the prospect of Taylor, but I do have to believe that he's just a safer pick than CMC at this juncture. In this league, because of the pot, I tend to like to play it a little safer in the first round. 

The annoying part is that I don't like any of the receivers at the turn. Not that much, at least. I will see who is available. I'm just not ruling out RB / RB / RB if those three present themselves as options, tbh. 

If you do decide to go triple RB, I would only take 4 the entire draft and not take another one until R10. Since you would have three monsters basically. If you decide to do trio RB, you’re gonna have to hammer WR hard, maybe even 5 in a row. And do a late QB-TE strategy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

And we are off! Taylor to start. 

For your 48-49 turn WR’s, if Sutton or Mike Williams fall that far, no brainer, but they likely won’t. 

Love McLaurin as well in that range. I think he has a big year. I like Hollywood too. 

For your 6-7 turn, Elijah Moore/Aiyuk combo is my favorite. Or Aiyuk/Lance if you want QB early.