Rate my Draft Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Superflex?  Not a QB?

My league is....weird. Even in a superflex, only one person in the league has adjusted, so I don't worry about it. One QB was off the board by the time my second pick rolled around. The league is running back crazy as opposed to QB crazy even though it's superflex. A couple of years ago like 4 QBs went off the board in the first two rounds and it threw off my draft completely because I didn't expect them to do that lol 

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

FML...Lance went two picks before me and I really did have to settle on Cousins LOL 

Cousins is like the final startable QB imo, so you did ok. Even Rodgers and Carr give me hesitation. Cousins could be on a Top 5 pass offense. 

I have no idea what a good 2 QB team looks like though. Never played in one. I know you need two good QB’s. Hopefully Cousins is enough. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

My league is....weird. Even in a superflex, only one person in the league has adjusted, so I don't worry about it. One QB was off the board by the time my second pick rolled around. The league is running back crazy as opposed to QB crazy even though it's superflex. A couple of years ago like 4 QBs went off the board in the first two rounds and it threw off my draft completely because I didn't expect them to do that lol 

what are the QB scoring settings?  3 points per TD?

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Cousins is like the final startable QB imo, so you did ok. Even Rodgers and Carr give me hesitation. Cousins could be on a Top 5 pass offense. 

I have no idea what a good 2 QB team looks like though. Never played in one. I know you need two good QB’s. Hopefully Cousins is enough. 

I ran through a lot of my season last year with cousins as my qb2 and I scored the most points in the league. The year before that Wentz was my QB1 until he got benched I'm pretty sure (my live blog of that draft is in the rate my draft thread from a couple of years ago). I made the playoffs that year and finished second in points. It's doable, just harder

Just finished a 12 team PPR draft from the 5 spot. Feeling quite meh about this squad

QB- Trey Lance

RB- Christian McCaffrey

RB- Travis Etienne

WR- Ceedee Lamb

WR- Courtland Sutton

WR- Devonta Smith

TE- Mark Andrews

Flex- AJ Dillon

Flex- Brandon Aiyuk

K- Jake Elliott

DEF- Browns

Bench RBs- Kenneth Walker, James Cook, Raheem Mostart 

Bench WR’s- Skyy Moore, Romeo Doubs, Jahan Dotson, Josh Palmer.

I like my starters ok but my bench feels pretty gross and too many rookies 

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Just finished a 12 team PPR draft from the 5 spot. Feeling quite meh about this squad

QB- Trey Lance

RB- Christian McCaffrey

RB- Travis Etienne

WR- Ceedee Lamb

WR- Courtland Sutton

WR- Devonta Smith

TE- Mark Andrews

Flex- AJ Dillon

Flex- Brandon Aiyuk

K- Jake Elliott

DEF- Browns

This team is actually really good, don’t feel bad about it. 

Stay on top of the waiver wire and be ready to drop Palmer, Doubs, Cook, and Mostert if someone becomes available. 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

My receivers are in trouble lol.  I was really hoping to land Aiyuk on my last round and he went a little before that. Really soft spot of the draft now which is pretty meh. 

Yeah, holy god...the receivers are in bad shape. I'll need to play the waiver wire well early on. Need to fix that. I may need ot make a trade even before week 1. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Nico Collins, Christian Watson get drafted? Two deep guys I like

I almost took Nico Collins. Big fan. Opted for Russell Gage instead. 

Watson won't be ready for week one and has done limited stuff this off season. Out on him to start the season in redraft. Will likely be able to claim him later in the season. 

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

QB- Trey Lance

RB- Christian McCaffrey

RB- Travis Etienne

WR- Ceedee Lamb

WR- Courtland Sutton

WR- Devonta Smith

TE- Mark Andrews

Flex- AJ Dillon

Flex- Brandon Aiyuk

K- Jake Elliott

DEF- Browns

Maybe it's just how long this is but it feels like you have a bajillion roster spots lol 

I like most of this team except Mark Andrews. Not all in on that, but it looks like you got him in a good spot - pick 29? 

12 team full PPR, 1 keeper.   drafted in the 9 slot.  I kept Etienne for my 10th

Players that were kept:  Jefferson (5th) --  Higgins (4th) -- ARSB (14th) --  Waddle (6th) -- Davis (12th) -- Mike Williams (10th) --Jeudy (6th) -- Batemon (13th)  -- Conner (6th) -- Akers (10th)

QB:  Burrow (6th)
RB:  Jones (2nd), Hall (3rd), Etienne (10th), Carter (9th), R White (11th), T Davis Price (14th)
WR:  Adams (1st), Sutton (4th), Mooney (5th), E Moore (8th), J Williams (12th), Pierce (13th), Collins (FAAB after Williams went to IR)
TE:  Ertz (7th)
Def:  SF (15th)
K:  Prater (16th)

I think this team contends.  Need Burrow to have the year he is capable of producing with the weapons and improved OL. I could have grabbed Wilson to pair with Sutton for the QB-WR stack, but have Burrow rated higher. 

Wanted Javonte in the 2nd, he went 1 pick ahead of mine.  

This is legitimately one of my least favorite drafts ever in this league. I don't know that I've ever had such a substantial weakness after drafting like I do with the receiver group right now. I feel like I overcompensated and took risks for top end guys at the receiver spot which leaves me in a pretty big lurch early on and hoping for the best later on. 

1. Jonathan Taylor
  2. Saquon
  3. Travis Kelce
  4. Kyler Murray
  5. Courtland Sutton
  6. Chris Godwin
  7. Allen Robinson
  8. Kirk Cousins
  9. Chase Edmonds
  10. Deandre Hopkins
  11. Rashaad Penny
  12. Matt Gay 
  13. Justin Fields
  14. 49ers D
  15. Darrell Henderson
  16. Robbie Anderson
  17. Russell Gage

By position: 

QB - Murray, Cousins, Fields

RB - JT, Saquon, Edmonds, Penny, Henderson

WR - Sutton, Godwin, ARob, Hopkins, Gage, Anderson

TE - Kelce

D - SF 

K - Gay

Just some thoughts...obviously we know how I feel about the receiver situation. This is a tragic misfire and I'll have to figure out how to fix that quickly.

Yes, I took a kicker in round 12. It was a very, very soft area for both running backs and receivers. Nobody that interested me there whatsoever, so I generally just like to feel better about my kicker. Tucker went a few picks before me, would have preferred him, but Gay should be fine. The 49ers defense was a tad early, but I think it's one of the best defenses in the league and they have a pretty easy all in or fold schedule, tbh. 4 of the first 6 weeks they should be lights out (Chicago, Seattle, Carolina, Atlanta). Fields was a dart throw. I could have skipped him there and just snagged Mac Jones at the very end, but given the options, I figure this was the right play as an upside. I won't need him until week 7; if he's a dumpster fire, he gets cut. 

Thinking of offering something around JT + something else for Kamara + JJ