Christian Watson this, Christian Watson that....dude's done NOTHING, literally NOTHING.

vegas492

2 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Jordan Love would have sailed it 5 yards over his head. Rodgers putting way too much pressure on the kid to start the game. Such a bad leader to allow the kid to be put in that position. 

Nagler actually jokingly suggested he would have caught it if it was a worse ball that he had to jump for or something. But we just needed Love. 

18 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

I wish I was surprised by that. 

Watsons going to be a stud.

I dunno.

What I do know is that he needs about 7 pounds of NFL muscle on that frame.

And he just looks too nice out there.  He needs to get that killer instinct.  Not the Rae Carruth kind, but more of the Adams kind where he just knows that he is going to shred the defense.

To be fair, Watson looked like a deer in headlights during the game.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 12:55 PM, vegas492 said:

I dunno.

What I do know is that he needs about 7 pounds of NFL muscle on that frame.

And he just looks too nice out there.  He needs to get that killer instinct.  Not the Rae Carruth kind, but more of the Adams kind where he just knows that he is going to shred the defense.

To be fair, Watson looked like a deer in headlights during the game.  

....................GB does not draft "killer instinct" players. When is the last one? (I have to go way back.) We are the anti "killer instinct" team. .....oh!!!! I just remembered one. I so wish Eddie Lacy had a good foot. One of my favorite Packer's players, esp because he had that instinct. I miss that. Also, I do see flashes of it in Eric Stokes. He brings the wood at times. So..... there's a drop of hope. ...... Come to think of it, Lazard has that too. But it is a rare quality in GB.

Really hope we keep Lazard. He's upped his game this year and brings a needed element. Patrick had it also. hmmmm..... he probably solves the "problem" at RG.

edit: I didn't finish reading your post. sorry. You were talking about Adams type "killer instinct." I guess I must have stopped reading at "killer instinct" and thought "THAT is NOT GB." Not at least in a long long time. But Lazard definitely has some Hines Ward in him, and the team definitely can use it. 

As to Watson, based on a teaney tiny little sample, I'd say we have to wait. He has a lot to learn, a lot more than Doubs. But his athleticism and some superior football traits do FLASH big time. Too early to say whether he can figure it out. His hands are the thing that concern me most. The rest, I think he'll learn. But hands, they be kind of important. We'll see. 

They drafted Watson for his upside, which is off the charts. .....and that is fine. Gotta swing for the fences now and again. But I expect very very little this year. He'll be better than MVS, his rookie year, I think. As to his ceiling, who knows? We won't know for a few years probably.

Edited by JaireAlex
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...