The Justin Fields watch thread

JAF-N72EX

28 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Albright is kind of a jerk and has hated on Fields ever since the Broncos passed on him for Surtain.

Maybe he's right though and was right all along that Fields would be a bust. Maybe the Jets and Shanahan passed on him for Wilson and Lance for a reason.

It's still too early to say though.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Albright is kind of a jerk and has hated on Fields ever since the Broncos passed on him for Surtain.

Maybe he's right though and was right all along that Fields would be a bust. Maybe the Jets and Shanahan passed on him for Wilson and Lance for a reason.

It's still too early to say though.

He was against anyone taking Fields high even before Denver passed on him

14 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Fields was atrocious today. Some of the worst QBing we have seen since Krenzel and Hutchinson.

I wouldn't go that far since we've seen some pretty bad QBing the past few years with Mitch and the QB carousel under John Fox but point taken

16 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I wouldn't go that far since we've seen some pretty bad QBing the past few years with Mitch and the QB carousel under John Fox but point taken

I can’t think of any.

Field's struggled to throw for 100 yards, threw 2 brutal picks with guys open, and pretty much had the training wheels put on.

This is really bad.

Edited by WindyCity

Just now, WindyCity said:

What game of Mitch’s was as bad as what we are seeing?

Field's struggled to throw for 100 yards, threw 2 brutal picks with guys open, and pretty much had the training wheels put on.

This is really bad.

And Mitch never had a consistently dominant running game that Fields has had the first three weeks.

28 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

And yet Trubisky never had a two game stretch like Fields has had these last two weeks, even the Fox offenses haven't been as bad in consecutive weeks.

I haven't fact checked these numbers but if this is true then Fields has only completed 4 passes under pressure (one of which I assume was the broken play).

Whenever the pass game is this bad then it's not just one person or units faults.....it's everyone.  Some of this is on Fields, some of it is on the OL, some of it is on the skill players, and some of it is on the coaches (Getsy in particular). Now however you choose to hand out percentages of responsibility is your own prerogative but it doesn't change the fact that it's not just one piece at fault.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am legit worried that this low… is too low.

This is pathetic right now.

I think the look on Fields face today said it all. Defeated, humiliated, and zero confidence. Another win for this incredible franchise. Another master plan of retread wide receivers and poor line play. How many times do the powers that be have to see this fail to realize it just doesn't work? 

• Like 2

Just now, Pool said:

I think the look on Fields face today said it all. Defeated, humiliated, and zero confidence. Another win for this incredible franchise. Another master plan of retread wide receivers and poor line play. How many times do the powers that be have to see this fail to realize it just doesn't work? 

Just throwing this out there.  I was banging the table for him to sit last year for numerous reasons including killing his confidence before it even had a chance and the entire fan base fought me on it. How many times have we thrown the QBs to the wolves only see them totally ruined a couple years later (ie. Rex, Mitch).

What the definition of insanity again?