The Justin Fields watch thread

JAF-N72EX

Just now, abstract_thought said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on the improvement. IMO what we're seeing is a guy succeeding in a very narrow, unconventional way because he's a unique athlete.

We will need to agree to disagree because for me the improvement is clear...lots of work still to do but no doubt in my mind he is getting better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on the improvement. IMO what we're seeing is a guy succeeding in a very narrow, unconventional way because he's a unique athlete.

ugh, can't believe the Bears drafted an extremely unique (in a good way) athlete with the hopes of developing him into a really good player. and then they started turning that athleticism into success? gross. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Fields’ last 4 games: 59-92 (64.1%) 728 yd (7.9/att), 5 TD 2 INT 97.6 QB rating

42 rush, 277 yd (6.6 ypc), 2 TD

Volume is still down in terms of pass attempts, but we’re starting to see the passing game efficiency to go along with the splash plays. 

It seems pretty obvious that we’ve got a good QB, but we will have to see if we have a Great QB.

The concern I have is if we move to more passing do those numbers, and more importantly the decisions he makes, also start to dip?

That's what we have to find out in the next 18 months

• Like 4

10 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Volume is still down in terms of pass attempts, but we’re starting to see the passing game efficiency to go along with the splash plays. 

Exactly. As defenses sell out against the run it will just open up more in the passing game. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure if any of you listen to Parkins and Speigal (local guys on 670 the Score), but whenever they have Trent Dilfer on to talk about Justin Fields, it gets me very excited about the future. You can find some of their clips with Dilfer on YouTube.

• Like 3

On 10/31/2022 at 10:45 AM, AZBearsFan said:

This offense works better for everyone involved.

The heavy play action and moving pockets save the OL. The QB runs allow Fields to make big contributions without as much pressure in the passing game.

We are also throwing into light secondaries because of the run game and our personnel usage.

Getsy deserves a ton of credit. Coach rarely pivot this drastically to their talent. They talk about it but never do it.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2022 at 7:45 AM, malak1 said:

I’m not sure if any of you listen to Parkins and Speigal (local guys on 670 the Score), but whenever they have Trent Dilfer on to talk about Justin Fields, it gets me very excited about the future. You can find some of their clips with Dilfer on YouTube.

Dilfer has gotten very bullish about Fields and was again on Cowerd.

Amazing what happens when you see a QB be placed in a system that actually works for where he is at.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 12:34 PM, StLunatic88 said:

It seems pretty obvious that we’ve got a good QB, but we will have to see if we have a Great QB.

The concern I have is if we move to more passing do those numbers, and more importantly the decisions he makes, also start to dip?

That's what we have to find out in the next 18 months

The Ravens provided the road map.

Stick to the BeaRaven offense and slowly open up the passing game. Don’t rush it. The offense works as it is right now. Slowly open it up.

• Like 1