Pre-season Raiders vs Patriots

raidr4life

20 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Remember when some people around here was saying Leatherwood was going to be one of the best guards in the league one day.  Lolol. 

Well he's not a tackle that's for sure. I still think he could be better at Guard but he can not play tackle ever.

7 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Well he's not a tackle that's for sure. I still think he could be better at Guard but he can not play tackle ever.

Being better than a tackle isn't saying much at all. Even at guard teams would attack him unmercifully in every pass pro down they can. Stunts, blitzes, and one on one's. His technique is just so bad and when his bad technique don't work he gives up. At Bama he was just faster and stronger than 90% of the guys he was facing. And Mac Jones had wrs, where he didn't have to hold the ball long at all. 

If we get a conditional 7th. I'll be happy. Smart of the Raiders to leak multiple teams are interested so they can get an offer. 

In every preseason game we saw a focused and discipline team. Two things that have held this team back for years. 

Having UDFA guys like Butler,Masterson,Webb show up like they have is huge for building good depth and then start to develop them into possible starters down the line. 

Vibes are good for the Raiders. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

In every preseason game we saw a focused and discipline team. Two things that have held this team back for years. 

Having UDFA guys like Butler,Masterson,Webb show up like they have is huge for building good depth and then start to develop them into possible starters down the line. 

Vibes are good for the Raiders. 

Yeh, very apparent. I think it’s a reflection of the coaching and application. Every game we’ve looked more organised and disciplined than the opposition which is a great sign. We protected the ball well and our second string against some of the Pats starters looked great. Stidham looks comfortable out there. 

The two young DTs had a lot of snaps and they looked to have grown up a little. Some very tough decisions to make in cut downs.

Watching it now 

Trent brown looking slim af 🤷🏾‍♂️

oline first qtr very nice. bart not looking to shabby as a ot option 

2nd qtr oline not so good so far but it’s vs ne first team tho

defense is balling cle looking ok the young lbs wow 

leatherwood is in now

12 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, very apparent. I think it’s a reflection of the coaching and application. Every game we’ve looked more organised and disciplined than the opposition which is a great sign. We protected the ball well and our second string against some of the Pats starters looked great. Stidham looks comfortable out there. 

The two young DTs had a lot of snaps and they looked to have grown up a little. Some very tough decisions to make in cut downs.

I'm surprised there aren't more posts re: this game. It's true are backups played well against some of the Pat's starters.  But, the best thing of all was after the game. McDaniels gave a BIG hug to several of the pat's coaches whom he worked with over the years.  The one by far over all others was the look on Belichick's face when McDaniels hugged him.  Belichick scowled and wasn't happy.

• Like 1