Update: Alex Leatherwood waived

RaidersAreOne

What would you do?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Try to find a trade partner, if nothing works then release him. Time to cut our loses.
    • Keep him and start him, and just hope he improves with playing time.
    • Keep him but purely as a backup. He hasn't earned a starting spot yet.

17 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

7th round pick doesnt move the needle. Develop him into something. If he sucks next offseason, cut him. No point letting him go for nothing. 

Getting a team to take a his contract and opening up a roster spot for a better player is more what this is about.

If you can't trade him, then keep him vs. taking the cap hit. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Getting a team to take a his contract and opening up a roster spot for a better player is more what this is about.

If you can't trade him, then keep him vs. taking the cap hit

That will be hard. Exactly my point. I think as an OL, better to keep him and hope he turns the corner. I don't think we'll get a team to take on his salary imho.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

NFLN just said we're looking at potentially trading him. Not sure what we'd get in return but we need line help and he's at least a body. Not sure how many of those were even have right now

What team in their right mind, having watched him in pre-season would trade for him? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Him being a body is not enough to keep him around. He legit cannot step a foot on that field on Sundays. He’s about as useless as you can be as an OL. 

I agree. And ipso-facto you simply cannot have a guy on your roster that could kill you on the field. I'm all for getting rid of him, by any means necessary. In my mind, paying him to leave is a roster improvement, and therefor worth it. 

• Like 3