Update: Alex Leatherwood waived

RaidersAreOne

What would you do?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Try to find a trade partner, if nothing works then release him. Time to cut our loses.
    • Keep him and start him, and just hope he improves with playing time.
    • Keep him but purely as a backup. He hasn't earned a starting spot yet.

I’ll be the first to admit that I liked what I read about Jenkins aggressiveness ( it’s football after all. Lol) but when I watched his highlights he did have guard written all over him. Lol!! Darrisaw however looked athletic enough to be an OT on either side. On a side note, when people compared leather heads rookie year to Miller, one big point that hardly anyone mentioned is Miller played hurt for cryin out loud. He looked way better the first couple games. And btw, penalties have zero to do with physical talent. That’s a mental thing. We’ll see....

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 8:51 PM, drfrey13 said:

Did you see him on the left side at any point in the preseason?  Did you hear from anyone that they had him on the left at practice?  No and no.  So them seeing him fail on the right and making the judgment that because of that he could not make it on the left when that is where he played most of his career is just as stupid as Cable thinking he can just switch a guy from the left to the right without him having playing time there and it will turn out great.  Who here does not watch Leatherwood play on the left at Alabama and think to themselves I would draft him in the 2nd or 3rd?  But one year playing where he should not have been and he is a garbage player that can not be the last O-linemen when his pay is guaranteed?  I am not into scholarship players but this is a bit on the other extreme.

I can totally see the logic in this point of view and it makes sense. Therefore, there must have been something else in the situation other than just terrible play. Most teams don’t just move a guy then cut him after one year as a first round pick after not even trying him in his original college position. Then again we’re not just ‘every team’ 😄

On 8/31/2022 at 11:57 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone wearing leatherwood’s jersey

out of our last 4 draft classes I’ve only seen maxx jerseys 

Crikey, imagine if you were an optimist and bough a Leatherwood, Ruggs or Arnette jersey the last couple years 😂😂

No sir, not the way things are nowadays.....Woodson Jersey got salvaged a few years down the road. I was wanting a Mack, glad I didn’t, especially now. I’m not digging the idea of seeing him in powder freakin blue at all. Next jersey I get will either be Tatum, or #27 with Rice on the back lmao! Yes, my last name and football #.  It’s one of the reasons I love my jerry jersey.....the name on back works really well for me! Lmao! 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 10:36 AM, big_palooka said:

1000% Sanjit is making this up. That dude is a hack. How he has an audience is crazy to me. He doesn't know football and is a total homer about every player on the team. Has no ability to look objectively at anything.

He made a huge fuss because I said Chandler Jones is currently better then Maxx Crosby.

On 9/2/2022 at 6:45 AM, Devilshark69 said:

I’ll be the first to admit that I liked what I read about Jenkins aggressiveness ( it’s football after all. Lol) but when I watched his highlights he did have guard written all over him. Lol!! Darrisaw however looked athletic enough to be an OT on either side. On a side note, when people compared leather heads rookie year to Miller, one big point that hardly anyone mentioned is Miller played hurt for cryin out loud. He looked way better the first couple games. And btw, penalties have zero to do with physical talent. That’s a mental thing. We’ll see....

I wanted Spencer Brown so bad, he's basically a Kolton Miller clone at RT, Buffalo grabbed him in the 3rd and he's starting for them. 

Kolton had his struggles for sure but he profiled as a LT and as you said he was playing hurt for a good portion of the season. Despite his struggles he only committed 8 penalties as a rookie, Leatherwood committed 15. 

• Like 1