2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

23 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So what should we have done because we just took a QB at 15 the year before? 

Yeah I mean it's not like the Cardinals didn't give up on Josh Rosen drafting him even higher the previous year. Anyone who objectively watched Haskins his rookie year knew he was a train wreck. I doubt Ron Rivera and Scott Turner even watched him. 

44 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So what should we have done because we just took a QB at 15 the year before? 

Obviously in his hindsight Taylormade would’ve taken Justin Herbert & he would’ve been right but that wasn’t reality on draft day. And, if we had taken Herbert we’d still likely be a team with only 1 playoff appearance in 2 seasons. Last time I checked, Herbert’s never made the playoffs.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, taylor made said:

Yeah I mean it's not like the Cardinals didn't give up on Josh Rosen drafting him even higher the previous year. Anyone who objectively watched Haskins his rookie year knew he was a train wreck. I doubt Ron Rivera and Scott Turner even watched him. 

Chase Young was the Kyler Murray prospect of his draft. What do you have amnesia? 

36 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Herbert wasn’t a realistic option at 2. They weren’t going to pick him. So you’d be fine with Tua as opposed to Chase? The same Tua who Miami has been trying to replace with Watson since the moment he became available? Tua who basically gets hurt every time he plays….yeah, I’ll pass. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

https://tankathon.com/nfl

There is a logjam of 7 teams at 1-3 (Houston has #1 pick at the moment at 0-3-1).

We currently hold the 7th pick due to our SoS. 

Gonna keep this updated each week since this is now our yearly ritual by Halloween.

By Halloween? Heck, we’re basically a month before Halloween but obviously I have no problem with this bc this is where we are. I am 100% looking forward to the 2023 draft more than the rest of the season. I know it won’t happen but I’d much rather look forward Howell every Sunday than Wentz.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

https://tankathon.com/nfl

There is a logjam of 7 teams at 1-3 (Houston has #1 pick at the moment at 0-3-1).

We currently hold the 7th pick due to our SoS. 

Gonna keep this updated each week since this is now our yearly ritual by Halloween.

Can’t wait until we use the third pick on someone none of us have ever heard of 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

By Halloween? Heck, we’re basically a month before Halloween but obviously I have no problem with this bc this is where we are. I am 100% looking forward to the 2023 draft more than the rest of the season. I know it won’t happen but I’d much rather look forward Howell every Sunday than Wentz.

Well some years we like to keep hope alive until right around Halloween. This year, we decided to beat the Christmas rush

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Can’t wait until we use the third pick on someone none of us have ever heard of 

Honestly, when have we done that? Yeah, we’ve done it in later rounds but I can’t remember one time ever that we took a player in round 1 that none of us have ever heard of.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Honestly, when have we done that? Yeah, we’ve done it in later rounds but I can’t remember one time ever that we took a player in round 1 that none of us have ever heard of.

Well, Jamin Davis is about as close as you can get. A lot of people had no clue who he was until he ran a fast forty. I mean, I’m watch a ton of college football and pretty much had no clue who he was up until a few months before the draft. I didn’t know Phidarian Mathis was a person until we picked him in the second round which is a relatively high pick. 

And yes, before you reply I know you’ve been watching them both since high school and knew they were studs. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Well, Jamin Davis is about as close as you can get. A lot of people had no clue who he was until he ran a fast forty. I mean, I’m watch a ton of college football and pretty much had no clue who he was up until a few months before the draft. I didn’t know Phidarian Mathis was a person until we picked him in the second round which is a relatively high pick. 

And yes, before you reply I know you’ve been watching them both since high school and knew they were studs. 

People knew who Jamin was, most just didn’t think he should’ve been a top 20 pick. Most thought even as he rose that he should go in round 2. That doesn’t mean we didn’t know who he was. Thankfully, Jamin is starting to play pretty well by everyone’s  account, he’s playing better than Holcomb who for some reason seems to have taken a step back this season. 

The fact that you didn’t know who Phil Mathis was is sad. He was Alabama’s best interior DT in 2021 on a team that played in the National Championship game who was dominant against the run & had 9 sacks. You should’ve know who he was. 

Edited by turtle28

51 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

People knew who Jamin was, most just didn’t think he should’ve been a top 20 pick. Most thought even as he rose that he should go in round 2. That doesn’t mean we didn’t know who he was. Thankfully, Jamin is starting to play pretty well by everyone’s  account, he’s playing better than Holcomb who for some reason seems to have taken a step back this season. 

The fact that you didn’t know who Phil Mathis was is sad. He was Alabama’s best interior DT in 2021 on a team that played in the National Championship game who was dominant against the run & had 9 sacks. You should’ve know who he was. 

I’m fairly certain I’m not the only one on this forum who had no idea who Mathis was…

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I’m fairly certain I’m not the only one on this forum who had no idea who Mathis was…

Go back and look at picks 22-32 in the 2021 draft. You knew every single one of those? 

Go look at the 2021 and 2022 2nd round? Did you know all of those except Mathis?

21 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Go back and look at picks 22-32 in the 2021 draft. You knew every single one of those? 

Go look at the 2021 and 2022 2nd round? Did you know all of those except Mathis?

Probably the majority of them…but I had absolutely no idea who Cole Strange was 

Edited by lavar703