Jump to content

2023 draft prospects and college football talk.


ripsean21
 Share

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

That Texas defense man they were communicating well those Safties and back end looked amazing. 

Yeah, I thought so too. And, they have Overstreet who may be available in round 3 or even round 4. We definitely need some DBs, I hope we take a few in next years draft. A CB or FS prospect in round 1/round 2 or vice versa would be a dream draft for me or a 2nd round/3rd round LB.

My feeling on a way too early draft for us is:

1. Antonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M

2. Tre'vius Hodges-Tomlinson, slot CB, TCU

3. Comp pick for Scherff: Jack Campbell, MLB/SLB, Iowa

4. Javion Cohen, OG, Alabama 

5. Brenton Cox, Jr., Edge, Florida


6. Joe Tippmann, C, Wisconsin  

7. Cody Simon, OLB, Ohio State

Edited by turtle28
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2022 at 10:55 PM, turtle28 said:

So, I guess the Anthony Richardson hype that he’s the next Patrick Mahomes has worn off after just 1 week when he faced his 1st SEC D. 14/35, 40%, 143 yds & 2 Ints doesn’t look like a Heisman contender or a top 10 draft picks to me!

Remember, it's not about the numbers its about the skillset and trying to find out if they can develop what he does well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2022 at 9:17 PM, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I thought so too. And, they have Overstreet who may be available in round 3 or even round 4. We definitely need some DBs, I hope we take a few in next years draft. A CB or FS prospect in round 1/round 2 or vice versa would be a dream draft for me or a 2nd round/3rd round LB.

My feeling on a way too early draft for us is:

1. Antonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M

2. Tre'vius Hodges-Tomlinson, slot CB, TCU

3. Comp pick for Scherff: Jack Campbell, MLB/SLB, Iowa

4. Javion Cohen, OG, Alabama 

5. Brenton Cox, Jr., Edge, Florida


6. Joe Tippmann, C, Wisconsin  

7. Cody Simon, OLB, Ohio State

I agree because I hope we take CB round one or get a stud OL. That said I know this is only going to get trashed but I’d take Grimes from UNC. Been watching him since COVID where he was playing college as a early graduate HS senior. That guy has a similar skillset to Patrick Surtain who I loved he and Samuel JR their year. I think Grimes is the CB in this class 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

There’s some generational talent at QB in this draft so we’ll make sure we’re just good enough to not have a chance to draft one 

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

There’s some generational talent at QB in this draft so we’ll make sure we’re just good enough to not have a chance to draft one 

I love this QB class so far!!! NC State Kentucky and Miami have really really promising QB’s. I love this class so far still doing notes on them

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I agree because I hope we take CB round one or get a stud OL. That said I know this is only going to get trashed but I’d take Grimes from UNC. Been watching him since COVID where he was playing college as a early graduate HS senior. That guy has a similar skillset to Patrick Surtain who I loved he and Samuel JR their year. I think Grimes is the CB in this class 

I trust you, question can he play the slot? I went S round 1 & CB round 2 bc I wanted a guy who could play the slot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, turtle28 said:

I trust you, question can he play the slot? I went S round 1 & CB round 2 bc I wanted a guy who could play the slot.

He’s played inside and out but he plays the right side they do things alittle different on defense at that school. But he has he did in HS cause he shadowed there

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

He’s played inside and out but he plays the right side they do things alittle different on defense at that school. But he has he did in HS cause he shadowed there

Personally I think we need an elite slot guy. It’s so important in today NFL to have that vs todays small shifty slot WRS. Until we fix that issue we can’t even hope to have a top 10 D. 
 

I know people clown the idea but I’d still sign Jimmy Moreland to have him compete vs Juice there. It can’t hurt, juice is miscast in the slot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/11/2022 at 10:30 AM, turtle28 said:

 

SBC taking scalps and getting coaches fired. Love it. Hopefully JMU adds to it when we play Louisville later this year but I'm not holding out hope for that given this is our first FBS year. 

Marshall beats ND and App State beats TexasA&M and both are STILL disrespected by everyone because they aren't P5 teams.

But this is interesting:

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Personally I think we need an elite slot guy. It’s so important in today NFL to have that vs todays small shifty slot WRS. Until we fix that issue we can’t even hope to have a top 10 D. 
 

I know people clown the idea but I’d still sign Jimmy Moreland to have him compete vs Juice there. It can’t hurt, juice is miscast in the slot.

I'd love to have him back because I think he played really well in the slot for us (outside was worse due to the tall receivers he covered playing there). But he did pretty well. 

As much as I love him and think he can play, I don't think I'd sign him because he hasn't been healthy during any of his seasons (except his last one here). Got cut here as a result of a leg injury. Didn't crack lineup in Houston as a result of late add to the team and he was injured. Signed with Iggles and was having great OTAs and camp and got injured again right before the 1st preseason game. If he can stay healthy, he would be a good addition. I'm just not confident he can stay out of the trainer's tent and s much as I love the guy, I'm just not sure on signing him at the moment. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

SBC taking scalps and getting coaches fired. Love it. Hopefully JMU adds to it when we play Louisville later this year but I'm not holding out hope for that given this is our first FBS year. 

Marshall beats ND and App State beats TexasA&M and both are STILL disrespected by everyone because they aren't P5 teams.

But this is interesting:

 

 

Amazing, what coach got fired?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...