2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

6 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I mean I know it’s def special circumstances but we just never know from year too year what the football gods will do. He is hometown and the bengals more too your case bad bad got their home town guy. Crazier things have happened

We’d have to get awfully lucky with bad injuries IMO if we’re talking about this team only winning 1 or 2 games next year. 

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We’d have to get awfully lucky with bad injuries IMO if we’re talking about this team only winning 1 or 2 games next year. 

We could maybe trade this years pick for a first and who knows what can happen for that team. Look at Denver and Seattle lol.

On 11/27/2022 at 2:44 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

Turtle you’re funny said McCarthy didn’t play that great. @ripsean21 says something positive about him, tune changed. 
Like when @e16bball said we should sign Payne all of a sudden you changed your tune on that situation. I guess it depends on the poster who opposes your views. 

He was throwing to wide open receivers. I don’t know if he hit a covered WR all game or hit any tight window throws. The stats are deceiving. It was like a high school game for him bc Ohio State sold out to stop  the run basically all game & his receivers were running wide open bc OSUs CBs & FS couldn’t cover the receivers 1 on 1.

McCarthy executed well, no one can take that away from him but, if that game was supposed to be some coming out game from a passing standpoint for a guy who the last two years couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn, I’m not buying it. The throws Stroud was making or the windows he was throwing into were NFL level tight window throws. I wouldn’t call McCarthy’s game a great passing game though when you’re throwing to wide open receivers.

#12 Ransom, the OSU FS, had an awful game. I was shocked that the defensive coordinator didn’t bench him for the Senior FS Josh Proctor who had a compound leg fracture last year, but I don’t know maybe he just isn’t 100% or what he once was. If he hadn’t broken his leg last year, he was going to be drafted in the 2022 draft.

Edited by turtle28

17 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

We could maybe trade this years pick for a first and who knows what can happen for that team. Look at Denver and Seattle lol.

Well that’s a good point, but I don’t think there’s a prospect in the late teens of this draft - where we’ll be picking - that a team will trade up for this year while giving us a 1st round pick next year. I know I wouldn’t do that for Levis or any of the other guys who will probably go in the teens.

53 minutes ago, TKellion said:

Really warming up to Penix jr for Washington U,reminds me of another Huskey QB from the 70s named Moon.

I like him, wouldn’t mind taking him in round 2 or round 4 if he’s still there. Not sure he’s got the potential to be a Hall of Fame player.

4 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I think he thinks they can make a run next year. But this is a big change from the norm of guys really riding the stick he has to get to the league and get money. 

I’m not sure they can make a run next year. They’re losing some good seniors but, we’ll see.

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I like him, wouldn’t mind taking him in round 2 or round 4 if he’s still there. Not sure he’s got the potential to be a Hall of Fame player.

Moon was undrafted and played 5 seasons in Edmonton.Had to win 5 Grey Cups before the NFL decided he could play QB lol

47 minutes ago, TKellion said:

Moon was undrafted and played 5 seasons in Edmonton.Had to win 5 Grey Cups before the NFL decided he could play QB lol

We all know why Moon wasn’t drafted & had to play in the CFL, it has nothing to do with his abilities as a QB coming out of the University of Washington.

Moon paved the way for guys like Penix .

Edited by turtle28

I’m still pretty much dead set on Bijan Robinson and Michael Mayer. I doubt Cam Smith, Porter Jr and Ringo will be available when we pick. It’s possible Sewell or Simpson will be but my guess is they don’t view LB as much of a vital need as we do. 

Id love to get an OT in the first round but this draft is oddly poor at the position. So while many wouldn’t be in favor of the two I suggested I think it’s extremely difficult to pass on Bijan if he’s there. Picking in the 20s is a good spot to take the best RB in college football. Hell, probably the best RB since Barkley if not Peterson. Just an incredible talent.