2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Well yeah. At this point where we are in this build you can’t even hope for a bad season. I just want an elite QB on this team just once in my life. I’m 37 now and have never seen it. 

Me either, I’m rooting for this team longer than you’re alive. That would be great to have. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Well yeah. At this point where we are in this build you can’t even hope for a bad season. I just want an elite QB on this team just once in my life. I’m 37 now and have never seen it. 

I do still think some how Sam will see the field and that will be just the beginning for him. 

35 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I do still think some how Sam will see the field and that will be just the beginning for him. 

I think he starts quite a bit next year. Also, I’m zeroing in on a Mayer in the first. A stud TE totally opens up this offense. 

• Like 1

1 Caleb Williams Southern Cal
2 Drake Maye North Carolina
3 Quinn Ewers Texas
4 JJ McCarthy Michigan

Here’s a few of the QBS who should be available in the 2024 NFL Draft. 
I had a thought if we decide that we can trade our 1st rd pick and possibly pick up an additional 3rd maybe and give us 2 1st rd picks for the 2024 Draft, giving us some ammunition to get a QB for the future. 
2023 Draft we can pick up 2 offensive linemen- 1 who can play C, LB, CB, TE and whatever else. 
Don’t know what the ownership will look like  or our coaching staff. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Ironically at the beginning of the game when we were up 10 zip, I was thinking hmmm maybe if we blow them out they will put howell in for a bit in 4th qtr.

We should have at texans game to get his feet wet and get rid of jitters if only in case oline and turner gets heinicke killed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lavar703 said:

A stud TE totally opens up this offense. 

Yes, I agree.

Also, I’m zeroing in on a Mayer in the first.

Here's my issue with this. I think Mayer is benefiting from a weaker TE class. I'm not entirely sure he's a first rounder in many other classes. In defense, I have definitely watched less Notre Dame game this year. 

That said, someone like Dalton Kincaid is a similar type in later rounds. Whereas Mayer might be a decent blocker though, Kincaid is gonna need work there. 

Now... if you walked away with ... let's say Jalon Jones or Gonzalez at corner in the first and then maybe Mayer fell and you were able to trade up some to get him... that could be interesting. I don't think we have the picks to do that at the moment, but it all depends on value. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Yes, I agree.

Here's my issue with this. I think Mayer is benefiting from a weaker TE class. I'm not entirely sure he's a first rounder in many other classes. In defense, I have definitely watched less Notre Dame game this year. 

That said, someone like Dalton Kincaid is a similar type in later rounds. Whereas Mayer might be a decent blocker though, Kincaid is gonna need work there. 

Now... if you walked away with ... let's say Jalon Jones or Gonzalez at corner in the first and then maybe Mayer fell and you were able to trade up some to get him... that could be interesting. I don't think we have the picks to do that at the moment, but it all depends on value. 

You should check out more of Mayer. Not saying you haven't watched him much but he's pretty incredible. He's not Kyle Pitts but he's probably just as good as Hockenson was coming out. I do like the corners in the draft although if we're going corner I'd like to get Porter Jr. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You should check out more of Mayer. Not saying you haven't watched him much but he's pretty incredible.

I haven't much this year. I will see more later, but as of now I'll stand by my "weaker class" take. 

A combo of Porter like you said and Kincaid would go further for me right now than Mayer and..... I dunno .... Gardner? That LSU kid. 

Maybe we work something out with Thomas too, and can punt on TE a little further. But yeah, if Thomas is cut, TE becomes a huge hole. 

18 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m thinking that’s next year. I just don’t see it this year unless for some reason they never activate Wentz - I was shocked he wasn’t active for yesterday’s Giants game - and then something happens to Taylor.

17 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:
3 Quinn Ewers Texas
4 JJ McCarthy Michigan

I had a thought if we decide that we can trade our 1st rd pick and possibly pick up an additional 3rd maybe and give us 2 1st rd picks for the 2024 Draft, giving us some ammunition to get a QB for the future. 
2023 Draft we can pick up 2 offensive linemen- 1 who can play C, LB, CB, TE and whatever else. 
Don’t know what the ownership will look like  or our coaching staff. 

I’ve def seen enough of McCarthy too turn that card in I really like his game. He needs coaching but good lord he just flashes at something I want him to improve each time I watch him live. He def needs to grow at throws NFL players have to make but he has the arm talent to learn once he refines his game from the pocket. But he’s growing there this year and that’s exciting. I love Williams because he’s a local kid but I think he gets too much pub to get passed on. A team won’t trade that pick is basically what I mean and we’d have to have a lot happen to get a #1 pick. Personally I’m enjoying the growth of this roster to want to see that type of season. Truth is as this roster gains confidence as a whole and these players we drafted carve their roles that’s when you go get a player like McCarthy who has the tool box and passion and drive and you just let the roster groom him.

But with Sam’s mix of Carson and Taylor I’m not writing him off because Sam was pretty amazing in big moments at UNC. So we will see this years I just don’t see the guy for me. I see guys at the top that I don’t think get maximized bye the style of play we want outside of Young and I just don’t think we get close to him. He’s got that IT magic and someone will overlook his size because he’s a special player. But he’s so small you better have really really good OL play because his game needs that.

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:
3 Quinn Ewers Texas
4 JJ McCarthy Michigan

I had a thought if we decide that we can trade our 1st rd pick and possibly pick up an additional 3rd maybe and give us two 1st rd picks for the 2024 Draft, giving us some ammunition to get a QB for the future. 

Don’t know what the ownership will look like or our coaching staff. 

I like it & I’d do it, but I don’t expect Rivera to have that kind of forwards thinking. I wish there was a job opening for one of us in Ashburn @ the front office.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Yes, I agree.

Doesn’t Dalton Kincaid = or is similar to Cole Turner? I think either we take Mayer or we stand put at the position. We have Logan, Bates, Turner & Rogers; the latter two who have a lot of potential to grow.

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

You should check out more of Mayer. Not saying you haven't watched him much but he's pretty incredible. He's not Kyle Pitts but he's probably just as good as Hockenson was coming out. I do like the corners in the draft although if we're going corner I'd like to get Porter Jr. 

Mayer is the best prospect in this class to improve the overall roster I completely agree I wouldn’t take any CB over him in this class. A dynamic weapon and inline blocking TE with our RB’s and WR’s and the importance of the TE position especially in this system that is the missing piece too this offense. Mayer, Turner and Bates would be crazy good as Turner starts gaining trust through the air. He’s looked good blocking this season that has been a surprise. Once he gains his feel in the passing game he will be a player for us as well

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I like it & I’d do it, but I don’t expect Rivera to have that kind of forwards thinking. I wish there was a job opening for one of us in Ashburn @ the front office.

I think about this every day!!! Lol I just love the players they have built this team with and thankfully the focus on defense and the draft classes lined up that Ron was able to continue that focus and I think they’ve done very well since Kyle smith along with Kyle and Jay’s classes

• Like 2